Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lou Rowe
Bookmark and Share
JMaddy Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
Lou Rowe
Whatever you think of his coaching job he is one of us and bleeds purple. So I say this in all sincerity...

Thank you for being a true Duke. I wish you best of luck going forward and hope you always feel welcome as a fellow alumni.
03-07-2020 11:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jmudukes001 Offline
Special Teams

RE: Lou Rowe
(03-07-2020 11:20 PM)JMaddy Wrote:  Whatever you think of his coaching job he is one of us and bleeds purple. So I say this in all sincerity...

Thank you for being a true Duke. I wish you best of luck going forward and hope you always feel welcome as a fellow alumni.

Totally agree. Good luck to Lou.
03-07-2020 11:38 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I always really hoped this job would eventually be his, and when it came so soon I hoped it would be a matter of him just being unproven rather than unprepared. I wish it would've gone better, seeing Lou Rowe be the coach to return JMU basketball to where it should be would've been so sweet. I hope he can still find a bright future in basketball.
03-08-2020 12:55 AM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Louis Rowe will be fine. He just made over a million dollars living at the bottom of college basketball. He can either stay at JMU as the 2nd generation life coach after Challace McMillan or he can be an assistant at one of many programs on the East Coast. He will be fine. I am not worried about him at all.

I am worried about the program and have been worried about the program for the last 4 years.
03-08-2020 01:00 AM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
The program will be fine. It's been in deeper dirt before. It would be nice to be out of the cellar once and for all though.
03-08-2020 07:04 AM
JacksonHall Offline
1st String

(03-08-2020 01:00 AM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  Louis Rowe will be fine. He just made over a million dollars living at the bottom of college basketball. He can either stay at JMU as the 2nd generation life coach after Challace McMillan or he can be an assistant at one of many programs on the East Coast. He will be fine. I am not worried about him at all.

I am worried about the program and have been worried about the program for the last 4 years.

He seems to really value the relationships with his players. I suggest a head coaching job at a Division III school. Less pressure to perform, more of a life and still able to be a head coach.
03-08-2020 10:16 AM
Advertisement

JMU1987UVA1998 Online
1st String

(03-08-2020 10:16 AM)JacksonHall Wrote:  
(03-08-2020 01:00 AM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  Louis Rowe will be fine. He just made over a million dollars living at the bottom of college basketball. He can either stay at JMU as the 2nd generation life coach after Challace McMillan or he can be an assistant at one of many programs on the East Coast. He will be fine. I am not worried about him at all.

He seems to really value the relationships with his players. I suggest a head coaching job at a Division III school. Less pressure to perform, more of a life and still able to be a head coach.

I agree after just watching the postgame news conference. Lou Rowe is a class act/alum who was put into a no win situation by our AD and the VP of Admin and Finance who should have relieved him of his duties as head coach in March 2019.
03-08-2020 10:33 AM
Bill Offline
1st String

Rowe was offered an opportunity he should not have been offered and that is the fault of the administration. But he accepted and the classy and respectable thing to do now is resign.
03-08-2020 11:58 AM
Rock House Duke Offline
1st String

Lou Rowe
I have plenty of love and respect for Lou Rowe. He is a classy guy who bleeds purple. I wish things would have worked out for better for him and the program.

Ultimately, I blame the administration for hiring LR before he was ready for the job. The decision to pick him to lead the basketball program was lazy and consequently it hurt our basketball program and hurt LR’s career.

Best of success to him in his next endeavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-08-2020 12:04 PM
Rock House Duke Offline
1st String

Lou Rowe
I also want to add I was really impressed by LR’s humility and grace during the postgame conference. The contrast between an ass like EW and how he handled the media after a loss compared to LR is night and day. I encourage everyone to watch it in its entirety. For those too busy to watch the 15 minutes video I suggest you pick up the video at the 9:35 minute mark.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6W6Sx6zJckk

We love you LR! You will always be a Duke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-08-2020 12:24 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-08-2020 11:58 AM)Bill Wrote:  Rowe was offered an opportunity he should not have been offered and that is the fault of the administration. But he accepted and the classy and respectable thing to do now is resign.

Agree.
03-08-2020 01:13 PM
Advertisement

nyduke Offline
1st String

I Root For: jmu
Rowe is a great man. I cannot go into detail but he gave a young man I know the opportunity of a lifetime. He is a caring nurturing man who was in over his head, but held his head high, never compromised his morals or ethics and will be fine. He will have many opportunities to be an assistant coach.

God bless Lou Rowe, and lets get our mens program back to where it should be.
03-08-2020 04:30 PM
dukes5 Online
2nd String

I Root For: JamesMadison Un
The post game was very touching. It is a tough business but I am proud of the impact that coach Rowe had on these kids lives. I wish only the best for him. Go Dukes!

Sent from my FRD-L14 using CSNbbs mobile app
03-08-2020 05:40 PM
JMUska Offline
Special Teams

Agree with the sentiment of the thread. But I’m wondering: has he actually been fired yet? I’m seeing a lot of eulogy posts, but JMU has previously held off on removing other coaches longer than most other schools would.
03-08-2020 06:23 PM
JMU13 Offline
Special Teams

I think Brady was fired immediately after first round exit in the CAA tourney. My opinion is if Rowe is still employed there’s a good chance he stays.
03-08-2020 06:42 PM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
Nah the Brady news came after the CAAT was finished that year.
03-08-2020 06:52 PM
Advertisement

Dukeman2 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: James Madison
Why does it feel like UNC Wilmington is 8 weeks ahead of us in their search process?
03-08-2020 06:54 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-08-2020 06:42 PM)JMU13 Wrote:  I think Brady was fired immediately after first round exit in the CAA tourney. My opinion is if Rowe is still employed there’s a good chance he stays.

There is zero chance he stays as MBB HC.
03-08-2020 06:57 PM
JMUska Offline
Special Teams

I’m guessing you have inside info. That’s the only way to be fully certain of any JMU athletics decisions.
03-08-2020 08:09 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
03-09-2020 09:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.