Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ICE tells California to piss off
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
ICE tells California to piss off
https://www.fresnobee.com/news/californi...46461.html

Quote:U.S. immigration agents arrested two people at a Northern California courthouse, including a man detained in a hallway on his way to a hearing,floutinga new state law requiring a judicial warrant to make immigration arrests inside such facilities.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents made the arrests Tuesday at Sonoma County Superior Court, prompting an outcry from criminal justice and court officials who said the action undermines local authority and deters immigrants who are in the country illegally from participating in the U.S. justice system.

ICE said California's law doesn't supersede federal law and “will not govern the conduct of federal officers acting pursuant to duly-enacted laws passed by Congress that provide the authority to make administrative arrests of removable aliens inside the United States."

“Our officers will not have their hands tied by sanctuary rules when enforcing immigration laws to remove criminal aliens from our communities," David Jennings, ICE's field office director in San Francisco, said in the statement.
02-20-2020 05:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
RE: ICE tells California to piss off
This is so great.
02-20-2020 05:38 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(02-20-2020 05:37 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  https://www.fresnobee.com/news/californi...46461.html

Quote:U.S. immigration agents arrested two people at a Northern California courthouse, including a man detained in a hallway on his way to a hearing,floutinga new state law requiring a judicial warrant to make immigration arrests inside such facilities.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents made the arrests Tuesday at Sonoma County Superior Court, prompting an outcry from criminal justice and court officials who said the action undermines local authority and deters immigrants who are in the country illegally from participating in the U.S. justice system.

ICE said California's law doesn't supersede federal law and “will not govern the conduct of federal officers acting pursuant to duly-enacted laws passed by Congress that provide the authority to make administrative arrests of removable aliens inside the United States."

“Our officers will not have their hands tied by sanctuary rules when enforcing immigration laws to remove criminal aliens from our communities," David Jennings, ICE's field office director in San Francisco, said in the statement.

Love it. Too bad they didnt skid to a stop in front of the court house in the "EAT ME" car from "Animal House".
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2020 05:46 PM by Attackcoog.)
02-20-2020 05:44 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
It's about time. Like that English transplant late night host that told Trump to run (jokes on him now by the way) I can only say, "DO IT"!
02-20-2020 05:52 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-20-2020 05:44 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(02-20-2020 05:37 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  https://www.fresnobee.com/news/californi...46461.html

Love it. Too bad they didnt skid to a stop in front of the court house in the "EAT ME" car from "Animal House".

lol....my first thought....

02-20-2020 05:56 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Honest Question: who signed these warrants that ICE is serving?
02-20-2020 07:16 PM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Outstanding. I hope they ramp up efforts to put these sanctuary states in their place as they violate federal law. I'm all for state's rights but not when they're in violation of federal law enacted to protect our country from the threat of illegal immigration and those who commit crimes while being here illegally placing an undue burden on the citizens of this country.
02-20-2020 07:36 PM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
Bravo...
02-20-2020 09:05 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(02-20-2020 07:16 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Honest Question: who signed these warrants that ICE is serving?
Mueller, and even if he didn’t, he would not remember it anyway.
02-20-2020 10:48 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn

WTF exactly does that mean? Seriously????

Are any illegal immigrants turning themselves in? Can an illegal immigrant serve on a jury? In what way is ANY illegal immigrant participating in the US Justice System that is voluntary or on their own.

Some one please explain this to me... I would love to know what US Justice System process this will stifle?
02-21-2020 08:39 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(02-21-2020 08:39 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  
(02-20-2020 05:37 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  prompting an outcry from criminal justice and court officials who said the action undermines local authority and deters immigrants who are in the country illegally from participating in the U.S. justice system.

Are any illegal immigrants turning themselves in? Can an illegal immigrant serve on a jury? In what way is ANY illegal immigrant participating in the US Justice System that is voluntary or on their own.

Some one please explain this to me... I would love to know what US Justice System process this will stifle?

This actually IS an issue, and the proposed solutions do accurately describe the differences in approaches.

Illegal aliens are highly subject to exploitation by both other illegals as well as citizens... because they are less likely to seek police help. This creates a culture of danger as well as communities of danger that do leech into the lives of citizens and of course, sometimes actually involve them. This exploitation often includes human trafficking and other very serious crimes.

The left argues that we need to protect these people from exploitation by not having them fear deportation and the right argues that we need to stop them from being here in the first place to eliminate the community of danger.
02-21-2020 09:54 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(02-21-2020 09:54 AM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(02-20-2020 05:37 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  prompting an outcry from criminal justice and court officials who said the action undermines local authority and deters immigrants who are in the country illegally from participating in the U.S. justice system.

This actually IS an issue, and the proposed solutions do accurately describe the differences in approaches.

Illegal aliens are highly subject to exploitation by both other illegals as well as citizens... because they are less likely to seek police help. This creates a culture of danger as well as communities of danger that do leech into the lives of citizens and of course, sometimes actually involve them. This exploitation often includes human trafficking and other very serious crimes.

The left argues that we need to protect these people from exploitation by not having them fear deportation and the right argues that we need to stop them from being here in the first place to eliminate the community of danger.

the fact this even arguable in a country that is supposedly governed by 'law' is disgusting....
02-21-2020 09:57 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU

But it's still a choice? If I broke into the home next to you, you saw me, then threaten to turn me in if I didnt let you pimp out my wife. Or pay your off...

On one hand I go to jail, leave my family behind, lose my job, spend a couple years locked in a cell. For a crime I COMMITTED.

Just as I had the right to not break into that home, these people had that same right. Not to cross the border into this country illegally. All criminals are highly subject to exploitation...

it's how most crimes are solved and our prisons are full. Someone gets in trouble and thinks, do I want to bent over, or fight, for a couple years, or let someone else bent over by me exploiting their crimes.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020 10:18 AM by WKUYG.)
02-21-2020 10:16 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
So now democrats are for states rights. It's all so comfusing
02-21-2020 10:19 AM
stinkfist Offline

(02-21-2020 10:19 AM)shere khan Wrote:  So now democrats are for states rights. It's all so comfusing

lol....it's too much fonzies how they get tangled and stuck in their silly libtard webs....

#keepOnKeepin'On
02-21-2020 10:23 AM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(02-20-2020 10:48 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  
(02-20-2020 07:16 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Honest Question: who signed these warrants that ICE is serving?
Mueller, and even if he didn’t, he would not remember it anyway.

It wasn’t in his purview....
02-21-2020 10:29 AM
Advertisement

Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn

So for the 1,000,000th f'kn time....

Enforce the Federal Illegal Immigrant rules and there are not illegals here to be exploited in the first place.
02-21-2020 10:46 AM
stinkfist Offline

(02-21-2020 10:46 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  

So for the 1,000,000th f'kn time....

Enforce the Federal Illegal Immigrant rules and there are not illegals here to be exploited in the first place.

#thatSimple

it's stunning how some want to argue for those that shouldn't be here in the first fk'n place....

it's easily something I never thought was possible as a tyke....
02-21-2020 10:53 AM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
If I break into someones home and I'm shot or beaten up maybe, just maybe, I shouldn't have been in that house in the first place, right? Same thing if you enter the country illegally, whatever repercussions ensue it was your fault because you shouldn't have been crossing that border illegally in the first place.

Cheetos, how hard can it be?

Pendejos Leftists.
02-21-2020 01:36 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
In a related story, here in Cincinnati (Hamilton County, Ohio) one of the common pleas judges make a big stink by calling ICE on illegals. The clerk of courts, a hard core leftist who will be running for mayor (he is running against another hard core leftist so either way our next mayor is will be leftist), took the opportunity to rebuke the judge and is in the process of setting up a task force to protect illegal immigrants.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...581462002/

https://www.wlwt.com/article/new-task-fo...e/30869660
02-21-2020 02:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.