The race not to convey
Jmo but:

We need to keep

Val
Jones
Clarke
JJJ
Ja

We need to package anyone and everyone else.

Is there anyone else the Grizzlies should label untouchable?

I know Jones and Val might be controversial but Val will always net a positive return, and Tyus is a great backup to Ja.

Everybody else is expendable imo
12-28-2019 09:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMark Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
RE: The race not to convey
CA Grizz writer David Cobb had a good column on this topic a couple days ago.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/s...709352001/
12-28-2019 10:35 AM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
I like Melton a lot
12-28-2019 11:30 AM
kabluey Offline
Heisman

JV would be a great asset for trade his final year as an expiring contract with skill underlying it, assuming his abilities sustain for at least 2 more seasons, which (knock on wood) they should. Or a great asset to keep.
12-29-2019 01:46 PM
Dynamos Offline
Heisman

I Root For: 3 Day Weekends
I mean that obviously was the case at the beginning of the season. Grizz are building right now
12-29-2019 02:00 PM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
Grizz go 8-8 for December, we need to make a move soon
12-29-2019 10:56 PM
Advertisement

tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(12-29-2019 10:56 PM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  Grizz go 8-8 for December, we need to make a move soon

There might be too much talent on the team to be a bottom feeder. Barring injuries, I think we will end up conveying.
12-29-2019 10:59 PM
UofMark Offline
Heisman

I just love having all this young, fresh, unbridled talent. Continue to play your hardest while continuing a foundation for the future, and enjoy it.
12-30-2019 12:08 AM
UofMark Offline
Heisman

I love the way Grayson Allen is playing. He’s really rounding into a solid pro player.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019 12:23 AM by UofMark.)
12-30-2019 12:22 AM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline

Donators
(12-30-2019 12:22 AM)UofMark Wrote:  I love the way Grayson Allen is playing. He’s really rounding into a solid pro player.

He is growing up. His post game interviews were great.
12-30-2019 06:39 AM
Agrizz Offline
Water Engineer

And hopefully the front office will get a great trade for Andre Iguodala . Get a first rounder for him, be tough and patient and they will get what we need for him. Another great young talent.
01-02-2020 08:29 AM
Advertisement

Dynamos Offline
Heisman

I Root For: 3 Day Weekends
(12-29-2019 10:59 PM)tiger1016 Wrote:  
(12-29-2019 10:56 PM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  Grizz go 8-8 for December, we need to make a move soon

There might be too much talent on the team to be a bottom feeder. Barring injuries, I think we will end up conveying.

That’s fine
01-02-2020 11:38 AM
mempho_to_diego Offline
2 legit 2 quit

Convey now, get it over with. Then continue the rebuild.
01-02-2020 11:42 AM
Briskbas Offline
Heisman

(12-30-2019 06:39 AM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  
(12-30-2019 12:22 AM)UofMark Wrote:  I love the way Grayson Allen is playing. He’s really rounding into a solid pro player.

I mean it was just over the summer that he got two flagrant fouls in 8 seconds, after being called for a tech earlier in the same game.

He's done and said all the right things since the regular season started, and his shot has come around over the last month or so. We'll see if he's actually done with the idiot eruptions, though. Guys that have self control issues like that tend to never really get control of it when they're still young enough to play in the NBA. Hope he's the outlier.

But one idiot eruption in an NBA game this year, and I'd bet his career is probably over.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020 12:45 PM by Briskbas.)
01-02-2020 12:38 PM
mempho_to_diego Offline
2 legit 2 quit

(01-02-2020 12:38 PM)Briskbas Wrote:  

I mean it was just over the summer that he got two flagrant fouls in 8 seconds, after being called for a tech earlier in the same game.

He's done and said all the right things since the regular season started, and his shot has come around over the last month or so. We'll see if he's actually done with the idiot eruptions, though. Guys that have self control issues like that tend to never really get control of it when they're still young enough to play in the NBA. Hope he's the outlier.

But one idiot eruption in an NBA game this year, and I'd bet his career is probably over.

people have done worse in this league and stayed in it after their incidents - e.g., ron artest (metta world peace), jermaine o'neal, stephen jackson, the entire bad boys roster, shaq, dennis rodman, etc. - i'm sure grayson will F up again in the future, but it won't be the end of his career.
01-02-2020 01:01 PM
Briskbas Offline
Heisman

(01-02-2020 01:01 PM)mempho_to_diego Wrote:  

people have done worse in this league and stayed in it after their incidents - e.g., ron artest (metta world peace), jermaine o'neal, stephen jackson, the entire bad boys roster, shaq, dennis rodman, etc. - i'm sure grayson will F up again in the future, but it won't be the end of his career.

Those guys aren’t below replacement level shooting guards. If Morant had a history of pulling this stuff, it would be a different story. You can replace Allen with a player that’s not a headache and gives you about as much.
01-02-2020 01:36 PM
Advertisement

MemphisTigerPawr Offline

Donators
(01-02-2020 01:36 PM)Briskbas Wrote:  
(01-02-2020 01:01 PM)mempho_to_diego Wrote:  

Those guys aren’t below replacement level shooting guards. If Morant had a history of pulling this stuff, it would be a different story. You can replace Allen with a player that’s not a headache and gives you about as much.

I don't see the headache part
01-02-2020 06:04 PM
TigerTim Offline
All American

I Root For:
I think this team is probably a playoff team next year, even though the West should be stronger next year (GS and NO come to mind as times that should show significant improvement).

I think it would be better to try to get a top 6 player this year even in the weaker draft and then convey a non-lottery pick next year.

But I am fine if we convey the pick this year.
01-02-2020 09:18 PM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline

Donators
(01-02-2020 09:18 PM)TigerTim Wrote:  I think this team is probably a playoff team next year, even though the West should be stronger next year (GS and NO come to mind as times that should show significant improvement).

I think it would be better to try to get a top 6 player this year even in the weaker draft and then convey a non-lottery pick next year.

But I am fine if we convey the pick this year.

Idk we could possibly pick up Obi Toppin as our future SF or Cole Anthony as our 2 guard.

I could see a young core of

Ja
Jones
Allen
Clarke
Cole Anthony or Obi Toppin
JJJ
Val

That is a heckova young team.

I guess we will see which way the Grizzlies FO decides to play this pretty soon. They have been very wise since dumping Wallace.

If I'm them I'm moving anybody not named Ja, Jaren, or Brandon.

Jones is becoming a very effective backup PG.

Val is a very serviceable Center and helps keep JJJ out of foul trouble.

Grayson is just one of those pesky players but I think we keep him for now.

Anybody and everybody else is really expendable.
01-02-2020 10:32 PM
gusrob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS - My Alma Mater

-3 for making me hear Dan Dikitch
01-03-2020 02:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.