Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Gross Demographic Product
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Gross Demographic Product
Quote:While speaking to the Service Employees International Union in Las Vegas, Nevada, Hickenlooper — the former governor of Colorado vying for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2020 — struggled to explain what the initialism “GDP” means while acknowledging he “should know that.”

“Let’s take healthcare as a whole where next year we’ll be at 18% of our GDP. Our gross, whatever that stands for, demographic product. You know, I should know that, I can’t even remember.”

The term “GDP” stands for that Hickenlooper was searching for is “gross domestic product,” which refers to the cumulative value of all goods and services produced in an area over the course of a year.

Link

He must have had smart people working for him as governor.
04-28-2019 06:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
RE: Gross Demographic Product
You're wasting your time on Hickenlooper? Seriously? Okay there cheif.
04-28-2019 06:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
(04-28-2019 06:39 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  You're wasting your time on Hickenlooper? Seriously? Okay there cheif.

So you feel that Hickenlooper is of no significance and talking about him is "wasting time'.

Ok... so if you're right...
What does that say about the Democratic party if someone who's not worth talking about is running for the Nomination?

Feel free to keep pointing out how bad the field of Dems is by letting us know who else isn't worth talking about. 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2019 06:47 PM by q5sys.)
04-28-2019 06:45 PM
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

The Parliament Awards
I also feel that if you want to waste a thread on every stupid thing someone says or tweets, we can do that. But are you sure you want that cheif?
04-28-2019 07:29 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-28-2019 06:45 PM)q5sys Wrote:  
(04-28-2019 06:39 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  You're wasting your time on Hickenlooper? Seriously? Okay there cheif.

So you feel that Hickenlooper is of no significance and talking about him is "wasting time'.

Ok... so if you're right...
What does that say about the Democratic party if someone who's not worth talking about is running for the Nomination?

Feel free to keep pointing out how bad the field of Dems is by letting us know who else isn't worth talking about. 03-lmfao

they walk into that hail storm of phlegm every single dadgum time....

it's just getting crunked pal...

this board's gonna be a blast during the 'pseudo debates' until the DJT body slam is fully engorged next year....

let 'em roam and revel in their oscar wilde for a bit....they'll dig it deeper along the way....
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2019 07:43 PM by stinkfist.)
04-28-2019 07:32 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(04-28-2019 07:29 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I also feel that if you want to waste a thread on every stupid thing someone says or tweets, we can do that. But are you sure you want that cheif?

A governor of a state doesnt understand GDP, uh yea, we'll talk about that all day long. Call it out, tell the guy to get lost, and get someone in there who;s competant.
04-28-2019 07:36 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-28-2019 07:36 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(04-28-2019 07:29 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I also feel that if you want to waste a thread on every stupid thing someone says or tweets, we can do that. But are you sure you want that cheif?

A governor of a state doesnt understand GDP, uh yea, we'll talk about that all day long. Call it out, tell the guy to get lost, and get someone in there who;s competant.

like like like we're supposed to like and like like like a 'liker' running for the position of commander in chief....

how's that DNC leadershite looking now....full blown tard is in da howze!
04-28-2019 07:39 PM
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

The Parliament Awards
“President Donald J. Trump is the greatest hostage negotiator that I know of in the history of the United States. 20 hostages, many in impossible circumstances, have been released in last two years. No money was paid.” Cheif Hostage Negotiator, USA!

Hail to the Chief! Whoops I mean the Cheif!
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2019 07:58 PM by Fort Bend Owl.)
04-28-2019 07:58 PM
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

The Parliament Awards
Maybe he's just trying to audition to be named Rick Perry's replacement as Secretary of Energy.

04-28-2019 08:03 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
There's plenty to dislike about Hickenlooper without resorting to this. I don't put much stock in this sort of thing. When you are going 24/7, you are going to misspeak at times. Noting that I would consider signifiant.
04-28-2019 08:22 PM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Name too long for a bumper sticker.
04-28-2019 08:54 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(04-28-2019 08:54 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  Name too long for a bumper sticker.

buttgig, chickencooper, Kamala, Bernie and this freak

[Image: D5Q1hoUWkAAaNBa.jpg?format=jpg&name=orig]
what a shiteshow

lmao
04-28-2019 09:04 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
I'll agree with FBO here that people do make mistakes, but it does seem troubling that such a basic and relevant-to-the-job thing like GDP is something he isn't familiar with. If it was something like the leader of some small obscure country, it would be more understandable.

I also am troubled by exactly what FBO means by using "chief" as an apparent epithet with negative connotations. That seems, not exactly PC, shall we say (to be clear, that's Politically Correct, in case Hickenlooper is reading this).
04-28-2019 09:45 PM
q5sys Offline
1st String

(04-28-2019 09:45 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  I also am troubled by exactly what FBO means by using "chief" as an apparent epithet with negative connotations. That seems, not exactly PC, shall we say (to be clear, that's Politically Correct, in case Hickenlooper is reading this).

Agreed, seems very racist to me.
04-28-2019 09:56 PM
ODUsmitty Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion

Just ensuring the "Palin treatment" is applied equally to both sides. Fair is fair, right you hypocritical goat?
04-28-2019 11:12 PM
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

The Parliament Awards
(04-28-2019 09:56 PM)q5sys Wrote:  
(04-28-2019 09:45 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  I also am troubled by exactly what FBO means by using "chief" as an apparent epithet with negative connotations. That seems, not exactly PC, shall we say (to be clear, that's Politically Correct, in case Hickenlooper is reading this).

So when Trump misspelled chief, he was being racist? I'm not following you guys here.
04-29-2019 04:42 AM
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-28-2019 11:12 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  

Just ensuring the "Palin treatment" is applied equally to both sides. Fair is fair, right you hypocritical goat?

Yep. This. The MSM and twittersphere goes off EVERYTIME a conservative has a speaking gaffe, yet conservatives are supposed to downplay when a Democrat does it??

I do agree - it's not a big deal, just playing the tit for tat game......04-cheers
04-29-2019 06:39 AM
q5sys Offline
1st String

(04-29-2019 04:42 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  
(04-28-2019 09:56 PM)q5sys Wrote:  

So when Trump misspelled chief, he was being racist? I'm not following you guys here.

http://www.nativecircle.com/learning-respect.html

Quote:Chief
This is a word that is commonly given as a nickname which incorrectly labels Native American men. The cultural equivalent would be to nickname all white men 'Prez' or 'King'. The notion is ridiculous. The term 'chief' itself is incorrect. American Indian leaders were never 'chiefs', but headmen, or clan mothers, and so on. Not 'chiefs'. Native leaders were highly disrespected by the USA. So calling someone 'Chief', is just a way to continue that disrespect....
04-29-2019 09:20 AM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
(04-29-2019 06:39 AM)Crebman Wrote:  
(04-28-2019 11:12 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  

Yep. This. The MSM and twittersphere goes off EVERYTIME a conservative has a speaking gaffe, yet conservatives are supposed to downplay when a Democrat does it??

I do agree - it's not a big deal, just playing the tit for tat game......04-cheers

Exactly.

You KNOW if a Republican or someone prominent from the right had said that all the pundits and talking heads would be in a frenzy accusing that person of not knowing what they're talking about and questioning their intelligence.

We all make mistakes, it just seems that some mistakes get more coverage than others.
04-29-2019 09:33 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
yeah... I sometimes forget the 'words' behind common acronyms... especially when the acronym is used more often than the phrase.

HIPAA is a very common one where even lots of people in healthcare don't know what the words are... especially in that the major focus of HIPAA within healthcare has very little to do with Insurance Portability
04-29-2019 09:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.