Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

The impossible could happen?
Bookmark and Share
MemTigers1998 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
The impossible could happen?
need about 15 games to go our way - 4 of them being Tiger wins over ECU, SMU, Tulsa and Houston. Not inconceivable for that to happen.

Houston (2-0) loses 2 conf games before they come to town
@ Navy, @ SMU, home vs Temple, USF, Tulane -- is there 2 losses in there???

Tulane (1-1) gets to 4 conf losses
home vs SMU, ECU, Navy, @ Tulsa, @ USF, @ Houston

Navy (1-2) gets to 4 conf losses
@UCF, @ Cincy, @ Tulane, home vs Tulsa, Houston

Pretty easy to see Navy losing 2 or 3 more games, and Tulane losing at least 2 more (at Houston and USF). Probably too far back to catch Houston, but there's a reason they call it "Coogin it". Things could get a little interesting if UH loses in Annapolis on Saturday.
10-15-2018 02:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

aardWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: The impossible could happen?
No, it's not happening this year. Even if we win out and the rest of the stars align, we're not getting a New Years bowl with 3 losses.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2018 02:32 PM by aardWolf.)
10-15-2018 02:31 PM
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-15-2018 02:28 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  need about 15 games to go our way - 4 of them being Tiger wins over ECU, SMU, Tulsa and Houston. Not inconceivable for that to happen.

Pretty easy to see Navy losing 2 or 3 more games, and Tulane losing at least 2 more (at Houston and USF). Probably too far back to catch Houston, but there's a reason they call it "Coogin it". Things could get a little interesting if UH loses in Annapolis on Saturday.
Dude, Slow Down ...... We are 1-3 in conference and 0-2 on the road- the teams that beat us at their place have only 1 conference win each. -- against us.

Our Question at this point is To Bowl or NOT to Bowl... can we qualify. to do so we must win 2 more, anything else is gravy, but will mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.
10-15-2018 02:33 PM
MemTigers1998 Online
Hall of Famer

(10-15-2018 02:31 PM)aardWolf Wrote:  No, it's not happening this year. Even if we win out and the rest of the stars align, we're not getting a New Years bowl with 3 losses.

I just meant getting to the CCG
10-15-2018 02:34 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
Let the guy do his thing. It's a f*&cking message board.
10-15-2018 03:05 PM
9eaux1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UofM, LSU
(10-15-2018 03:05 PM)3601 Wrote:  Let the guy do his thing. It's a f*&cking message board.

Finally, somebody gets it!! 04-cheers
10-15-2018 03:14 PM
Advertisement

AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Dilly dilly
10-15-2018 04:18 PM
grapes Offline
GTG

I Root For: MEMPHIS/AAC
(10-15-2018 02:28 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  need about 15 games to go our way - 4 of them being Tiger wins over ECU, SMU, Tulsa and Houston. Not inconceivable for that to happen.

It's actually not far fetched at all to win the west.
10-15-2018 06:33 PM
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

I feel like winning the west this year is over, and all i care about is winning conference championships since that's all we can do. We can't win a national championship.

One day, i'd like to see the tigers go undefeated in conference or at least be the #1 overall team during league play and also win the CCG.

Fwiw, i hope ucf stays undefeated for the rest of the season and still gets denied in the college playoff, so they will go 2 straight years undefeated and not even get a chance to play for the national championship.

College sports are a joke. That's why i only watch my team and nobody else except maybe future opponents. If more people would do what i do, it could force a change.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2018 07:18 PM by tmoneyinmphs.)
10-15-2018 07:18 PM
Bsquared-2 Offline
1st String

(10-15-2018 04:18 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  Dilly F’n dilly

Fyp
10-15-2018 07:22 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(10-15-2018 02:34 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  
(10-15-2018 02:31 PM)aardWolf Wrote:  No, it's not happening this year. Even if we win out and the rest of the stars align, we're not getting a New Years bowl with 3 losses.

I just meant getting to the CCG

Getting the the CCG only gets one extra game...Bowl game is still not going to be great
10-15-2018 08:26 PM
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
where is our "I know everything and you don't about football poster" here?

He has been conspicuously absent for some time now......
10-15-2018 08:43 PM
Shooters Offline
1st String

(10-15-2018 06:33 PM)grapes Wrote:  

It's actually not far fetched at all to win the west.

It’s statistically very far fetched for the stars to align with each team having the required number or more of losses and us running the table.
10-15-2018 09:29 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
At this point, I think we would be doing a disservice to our conference to win the West. I mean, don't get me wrong. I want to win every game left on the schedule. I just want Houston to win all of their games (except when they play us) as well. We really need either Cincy or USF to win out. The one thing I don't want to see above all else is a Mountain West Conference champ or Appalachian State playing in the NY6 slot instead of an American team. And that goes for every year. We can make another run at it next year. Let's just go to a bowl, benefit from the extra time and practices, and take our 3 losses like a man.
10-15-2018 09:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
former guest Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
(10-15-2018 08:43 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  where is our "I know everything and you don't about football poster" here?

He has been conspicuously absent for some time now......

You’re going to have to be more specific than that - I can think of a number of folks that fit that description...
10-15-2018 10:58 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-15-2018 09:55 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  At this point, I think we would be doing a disservice to our conference to win the West. I mean, don't get me wrong. I want to win every game left on the schedule. I just want Houston to win all of their games (except when they play us) as well. We really need either Cincy or USF to win out. The one thing I don't want to see above all else is a Mountain West Conference champ or Appalachian State playing in the NY6 slot instead of an American team. And that goes for every year. We can make another run at it next year. Let's just go to a bowl, benefit from the extra time and practices, and take our 3 losses like a man.

Good post.

Agreed wholeheartedly.
10-15-2018 11:46 PM
Advertisement

tigernole79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kool-Aid
I will never agree that it's best that we don't win our division or even conference.

While I might give the AAC Championship for the sake of the Access slot, nothing else works for me.
10-16-2018 12:40 AM
tigernole79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kool-Aid
(10-15-2018 02:33 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  

Dude, Slow Down ...... We are 1-3 in conference and 0-2 on the road- the teams that beat us at their place have only 1 conference win each. -- against us.

Our Question at this point is To Bowl or NOT to Bowl... can we qualify. to do so we must win 2 more, anything else is gravy, but will mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

None of those losses matter if we get healthy. Having most of our D healthy showed last Saturday. Getting back Thomas, hopefully for Missouri helps us take another giant leap forward.

Everything else is within reach, but the only thing the team needs to do is go 1-0 from this point on and not worry about anything else. Fun for message board discussions.
10-16-2018 12:42 AM
grapes Offline
GTG

I Root For: MEMPHIS/AAC
(10-15-2018 11:46 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  
(10-15-2018 09:55 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  At this point, I think we would be doing a disservice to our conference to win the West. I mean, don't get me wrong. I want to win every game left on the schedule. I just want Houston to win all of their games (except when they play us) as well. We really need either Cincy or USF to win out. The one thing I don't want to see above all else is a Mountain West Conference champ or Appalachian State playing in the NY6 slot instead of an American team. And that goes for every year. We can make another run at it next year. Let's just go to a bowl, benefit from the extra time and practices, and take our 3 losses like a man.

Good post.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

Excuse me what ???????

You guys are saying you rather Houston be good and win the west because its better for our conference?

[Image: SilkyPhonyIndianpangolin-size_restricted.gif]

AKA you don't want want Memphis to win the AAC Championship........

Can I get a PLUS+++ for these guys being craaaaaazy?!
10-16-2018 12:54 AM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

No.

We said we wish Memphis beats Houston

Our point is that the G5 access slot should always be represented by an AAC program.
10-16-2018 01:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.