Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Tigers Report to Third Annual Camp Lambuth
Bookmark and Share
I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
Tis' the Tiger football season to be jolly! If anyone attends Saturday's scrimmage in Jackson, any feedback shared would be muy apreciado. 04-cheers

"JACKSON, Tenn. – For the third time in as many years, Head Coach Mike Norvell and the Memphis Tigers football team loaded up and relocated to the UofM Lambuth Campus for a three-day stay as part of fall camp.

"This is one of my favorite times of the year," Memphis head coach Mike Norvell said. "I think its one of the most important things that we do as a football team because we are able to eliminate some of the distractions of being at home. When we are here, all that we have to focus on is ourselves, building relationships and making sure that we are growing as a team."

The Tigers practiced Wednesday at the Billy J. Murphy Complex in Memphis before loading up and travelling the 70 miles down I-40 to Jackson. Memphis will continue its normal practice schedule on Thursday and Friday morning but there will be several team-building exercises built in when they aren't on the field.

During their stay in Lambuth, the team will hear from a motivational guest speaker one night, while they will spend another night around the campfire learning more about each other. For Norvell, this trip is as much about improving on the field as it is about growing closer as a team.

"We get a lot of work on the field, with everything building up to the scrimmage on Saturday. It is truly a time for our team to bond together. We do a lot of different team building events over the next three days. The Lambuth Campus has been great for us, with such great hospitality. We are so very grateful to be able to come here and have this experience," Norvell said.

The trip to Lambuth will wrap up Saturday with a tailgate and scrimmage, presented by the UofM Alumni Association. Following the 10 a.m. scrimmage, fans can meet and greet the Tiger players. Parking and admission to the event is free."

Day 1 Arrival:

Day 2 at Camp:

Day 3 at Camp:

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2018 07:00 PM by I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS.)
08-17-2018 06:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

All American

RE: Tigers Report to Third Annual Camp Lambuth
Football Scrimmage Set for Saturday at Lambuth

"JACKSON, Tenn. – Memphis football's third annual trip to UofM Lambuth has been more about flexibility and adjusting to changes due to weather. The Tigers have taken it all in stride and made the most of the trip thus far.

Saturday will provide another opportunity for the Tigers to improve, taking part in a public scrimmage on the Lambuth Campus at 10 a.m. The UofM Alumni Association will hold a pre-scrimmage tailgate. Parking and admission to the event is free.

"It's more about mentality. Coming out and showing that regardless of what the weather does, that we are going to come out and play with an edge about ourselves," Norvell said. "The weather conditions, as most Memphis fans know, are going to be unpredictable. We are probably going to have to adjust at some point during the season. Our guys will be ready."

For more information about Saturday's scrimmage, contact alumniassociation@memphis.edu or 901.678.2586.

Directions to Lambuth Campus:

From Interstate 40

Take Exit 82A and head south on Highway 45 which becomes North Highland Avenue.
At the sixth traffic light, turn right onto Lambuth Boulevard.
Go approximately one mile. The University of Memphis Lambuth is on the right.

From Highway 45 South

Follow Highway 45 through downtown Jackson until it becomes North Highland Avenue.
Go through a traffic light at Forest Avenue and through a second light at Campbell Street.
Turn left at the third light which is Lambuth Boulevard.

From Highway 45 By-Pass

Exit at Hollywood Drive.
Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp.
At the first traffic light, turn left on West Forest Avenue.
Turn right at the third light which is Lambuth Boulevard.

From Highway 412

Entering Jackson from the northwest side of town, Highway 412 becomes Hollywood Drive after you pass under Interstate 40.
Turn left on West Forest Avenue which is the fifth traffic light after you pass under I40.
Turn right at the third traffic light which is Lambuth Boulevard.
Varnell-Jones Hall is visible from the street and has a semicircular drive in the front.
Visitor parking is available on the semicircular drive and on Lambuth Boulevard."
08-17-2018 07:13 PM
Advertisement

wylioats Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Sept. 1st can't get here fast enough. Counting the days.
08-18-2018 09:08 AM
All American

08-25-2018 03:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.