Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

STRETCH INTERNET
Bookmark and Share
WMTRIBE75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WILLIAM & MARY
STRETCH INTERNET
I believe that some on the boards were complaining during the Hofstra game about not being able to get the video feed. I kept getting the same message as others, that the stream was not available, and I just finally gave up and listened to Jay on the internet ( I live in Chesapeake so I have to listen to the game on 92.3 on my Tune In Radio app).

The last time that I watched video was last Thursday against Charleston but it kept buffering and I just stopped. But Thursday night, I could not even get the stream. Just for grins, I tried to stream the other CAA games that night, but got the same result. I tried to test it again last night, for the Women.s game, and once again got the "stream not available" message.

Does anyone know if there has been a change that is creating this problem? After today I guess that it will not matter for me because the last two games are at home and I am going to the tournament, but it is really aggravating. We are totally an Apple home, with desktop, laptop, IPad and cell phone all Apple. I also have Apple TV on which I have successfully streamed several games in the past from my IPad. But Thursday, nothing worked. I am thinking that Stretch just does not like Safari anymore.

I have windows on my Apple desktop also but I really have no desire to use internet explorer on my home computer. i was just wondering if others were suddenly having issues.
02-17-2018 11:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: STRETCH INTERNET
I was able to watch the Hofstra game on CAA.tv on my Roku. I don't know if AppleTV has an app for that or not, but I had no issues at all.
02-17-2018 12:11 PM
billymac Offline
Heisman

It seemed to be a Chrome issue. When I switched to Firefox, it worked fine. It will be interesting to see if it works okay today.
02-17-2018 12:34 PM
Advertisement

JMUDukes20 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: JMU
The guy that runs the stretch internet stream for JMU (Curt Dudley) said to clear your history cache and it should fix the problem.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2018 11:40 PM by JMUDukes20.)
02-17-2018 11:39 PM
billymac Offline
Heisman

By the way, kudos to NU. Their stream was very clear yesterday, had no buffering all game and the announcers were not true homers.
I could never sync up Jay & Kris, so it was a good way to watch.
Hopefully, TribeTV will have the buffering thing fixed for Thursday.
02-18-2018 09:44 AM
Tribe1693 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tribe
(02-17-2018 11:39 PM)JMUDukes20 Wrote:  The guy that runs the stretch internet stream for JMU (Curt Dudley) said to clear your history cache and it should fix the problem.

I was having several issues prior to the Hofstra game. I agree with JMUDukes20. I did this before that game just to try and fix it (I use Firefox) and had zero issues during the Hofstra game.
02-18-2018 11:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.