CSNbbs
STRETCH INTERNET - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: STRETCH INTERNET (/thread-843060.html)

STRETCH INTERNET - WMTRIBE75 - 02-17-2018 11:58 AM

I believe that some on the boards were complaining during the Hofstra game about not being able to get the video feed. I kept getting the same message as others, that the stream was not available, and I just finally gave up and listened to Jay on the internet ( I live in Chesapeake so I have to listen to the game on 92.3 on my Tune In Radio app).

The last time that I watched video was last Thursday against Charleston but it kept buffering and I just stopped. But Thursday night, I could not even get the stream. Just for grins, I tried to stream the other CAA games that night, but got the same result. I tried to test it again last night, for the Women.s game, and once again got the "stream not available" message.

Does anyone know if there has been a change that is creating this problem? After today I guess that it will not matter for me because the last two games are at home and I am going to the tournament, but it is really aggravating. We are totally an Apple home, with desktop, laptop, IPad and cell phone all Apple. I also have Apple TV on which I have successfully streamed several games in the past from my IPad. But Thursday, nothing worked. I am thinking that Stretch just does not like Safari anymore.

I have windows on my Apple desktop also but I really have no desire to use internet explorer on my home computer. i was just wondering if others were suddenly having issues.

RE: STRETCH INTERNET - WMInTheBurg - 02-17-2018 12:11 PM

I was able to watch the Hofstra game on CAA.tv on my Roku. I don't know if AppleTV has an app for that or not, but I had no issues at all.

RE: STRETCH INTERNET - billymac - 02-17-2018 12:34 PM

It seemed to be a Chrome issue. When I switched to Firefox, it worked fine. It will be interesting to see if it works okay today.

RE: STRETCH INTERNET - JMUDukes20 - 02-17-2018 11:39 PM

The guy that runs the stretch internet stream for JMU (Curt Dudley) said to clear your history cache and it should fix the problem.

RE: STRETCH INTERNET - billymac - 02-18-2018 09:44 AM

By the way, kudos to NU. Their stream was very clear yesterday, had no buffering all game and the announcers were not true homers.
I could never sync up Jay & Kris, so it was a good way to watch.
Hopefully, TribeTV will have the buffering thing fixed for Thursday.

RE: STRETCH INTERNET - Tribe1693 - 02-18-2018 11:02 AM

(02-17-2018 11:39 PM)JMUDukes20 Wrote:  The guy that runs the stretch internet stream for JMU (Curt Dudley) said to clear your history cache and it should fix the problem.

I was having several issues prior to the Hofstra game. I agree with JMUDukes20. I did this before that game just to try and fix it (I use Firefox) and had zero issues during the Hofstra game.