Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Can't finger which one I want to lean on..
Bookmark and Share
lessercc Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: DUUUUKES
Can't finger which one I want to lean on..
The missed 42 yarder, the phantom shoestring INT, the phantom cross the plane TD, Stapleton's fumble, kloostermans high throw, Eldridge's TD drop, Alls td drop. I really feel like Schor was extremely avg this game and a lot of other games and crapped away a once in a generation defense. This is sickening to not win a championship with this team.
01-06-2018 03:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HolyCityDuke Offline
All American

I Root For: Duke Doge
RE: Can't finger which one I want to lean on..
We played our worst game and still lost by 4
01-06-2018 03:39 PM
lessercc Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: DUUUUKES
That's horseshoes, not winning a title with this team is a failure.
01-06-2018 03:45 PM
Bawlmer Duke Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
Bad Bad L. Crapped that one away.
01-06-2018 04:07 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
NDSU did a good job forcing 3 turnovers in the first half (you can argue the Stapleton strip, but it doesn’t matter because the refs called it a fumble so it was a fumble).

Of course JMU had 4 easy catches dropped which dumped fuel on the fire.

Schor didn’t handle the pressure well and lost the battle of the two QB’s.

You can also look at coach Houston’s mismanagement of timeouts at the end of the first half and the second half. Or even his decision to kick a FG with 6 seconds left before half instead of running a quick pass and then kicking if necessary. He got out coached today.

NDSU was solid and protected the ball. They deserved to win in a game where both defenses were better than the opponent’s offense. This was a Mickey Matthews special...let the other team make mistakes and take a conservative offense to the win.

Without looking, I’m guessing it was a season low in points and yards for both teams.
Today, Defense > Offense
01-06-2018 04:25 PM
Bawlmer Duke Offline
1st String

(01-06-2018 04:25 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  NDSU did a good job forcing 3 turnovers in the first half (you can argue the Stapleton strip, but it doesn’t matter because the refs called it a fumble so it was a fumble).

Of course JMU had 4 easy catches dropped which dumped fuel on the fire.

Schor didn’t handle the pressure well and lost the battle of the two QB’s.

You can also look at coach Houston’s mismanagement of timeouts at the end of the first half and the second half. Or even his decision to kick a FG with 6 seconds left before half instead of running a quick pass and then kicking if necessary. He got out coached today.

NDSU was solid and protected the ball. They deserved to win in a game where both defenses were better than the opponent’s offense. This was a Mickey Matthews special...let the other team make mistakes and take a conservative offense to the win.

Without looking, I’m guessing it was a season low in points and yards for both teams.
Today, Defense > Offense

How does one get out coached when there are numerous boneheaded player mistakes that could/should have extended drives and or lead to more points on the board? You're saying the clock management and decision to take 3 points at the end of the 1st half outweigh the drops, poor decisions by Schor or purple colored glass tinted ref calls?
01-06-2018 04:30 PM
Advertisement

Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

We gave that game away. Period.
01-06-2018 05:06 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

4 turnovers and a bunch of dropped passes were the reason for the loss.

Still the Dukes fought to the end and shut out NDSU in the second half.

Games was more lost by the Dukes than won by NDSU. Still gotta give the Bison credit for taking advantage of the Dukes miscues and winning the game.

Unhappy flight home tomorrow.

As the old Brooklyn Dodgers fans would say, just wait til next year!!

Brian
01-06-2018 08:13 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-06-2018 08:13 PM)ParentofJMUMRDs Wrote:  4 turnovers and a bunch of dropped passes were the reason for the loss.

Games was more lost by the Dukes than won by NDSU. Still gotta give the Bison credit for taking advantage of the Dukes miscues and winning the game.

Brian

Turnovers and dropped passes sure were a factor, but the main reason for the loss was a broken coverage on a 3rd and 17 that resulted in a 50 yard completion for a TD. Hold and make NDSU punt in that series and JMU potentially wins 13-10.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2018 08:26 PM by Longhorn.)
01-06-2018 08:26 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-06-2018 08:26 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  
(01-06-2018 08:13 PM)ParentofJMUMRDs Wrote:  4 turnovers and a bunch of dropped passes were the reason for the loss.

Brian

Turnovers and dropped passes sure were a factor, but the main reason for the loss was a broken coverage on a 3rd and 17 that resulted in a 50 yard completion for a TD. Hold and make NDSU punt in that series and JMU potentially wins 13-10.

Kind of forgot about that.
01-06-2018 10:29 PM
Rock House Duke Offline
1st String

Brian

The same could be said if we do not rough the kicker on NDSU's first driver after our D forced a 3 and out. Instead, Bison get new set of downs and score a touchdown on the drive to take an early 7-0 lead and capture the game's momentum.
01-06-2018 10:50 PM
Advertisement

Dukester Offline

(01-06-2018 10:50 PM)Rock House Duke Wrote:  

Brian

The same could be said if we do not rough the kicker on NDSU's first driver after our D forced a 3 and out. Instead, Bison get new set of downs and score a touchdown on the drive to take an early 7-0 lead and capture the game's momentum.

And if we scored yesterday on the last drive and won NDSU fans would say they lost due to one fake punt,

They shut us down in the 4th quarter. We did not score a point with multiple chances. They won and deserved to win.
01-07-2018 09:18 AM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-07-2018 09:18 AM)Dukester Wrote:  
(01-06-2018 10:50 PM)Rock House Duke Wrote:  

Brian

And if we scored yesterday on the last drive and won NDSU fans would say they lost due to one fake punt,

They shut us down in the 4th quarter. We did not score a point with multiple chances. They won and deserved to win.

They won. JMU made too many mistakes. But you seem to think because NDSU didn't score in the entire second half it was because of some fluke. JMU's D and JMU won the second have 7-0, and that was earned 100%. Had JMU scored in the 4th NDSU fans could cry all they wanted about the fake punt.
01-07-2018 01:02 PM
Dukie95 Offline
1st String

I Root For: all the Dukes
On the fake punt *SLASH* who out-coached whom...how did they not know it was coming? There are two other examples of O'Kelly runs on film, and that was a horrible punting situation. People sitting around me were so surprised, but I can't be the only one that knew it was coming.
01-07-2018 08:13 PM
Dukester Offline

(01-07-2018 08:13 PM)Dukie95 Wrote:  On the fake punt *SLASH* who out-coached whom...how did they not know it was coming? There are two other examples of O'Kelly runs on film, and that was a horrible punting situation. People sitting around me were so surprised, but I can't be the only one that knew it was coming.

I told DJ seconds before the snap a fake punt to the left side was open. They were lining up 3 outside to our right side all game, but our three blockers can go either way especially since out punter can punt with either leg.

Back to the drawing board for opposing coaches.
01-07-2018 08:19 PM
Dukie95 Offline
1st String

I Root For: all the Dukes
(01-07-2018 08:19 PM)Dukester Wrote:  
(01-07-2018 08:13 PM)Dukie95 Wrote:  On the fake punt *SLASH* who out-coached whom...how did they not know it was coming? There are two other examples of O'Kelly runs on film, and that was a horrible punting situation. People sitting around me were so surprised, but I can't be the only one that knew it was coming.

I told DJ seconds before the snap a fake punt to the left side was open. They were lining up 3 outside to our right side all game, but our three blockers can go either way especially since out punter can punt with either leg.

Yeah, I haven't watched the video yet, but I'm guessing our return game was helped by their covering for O'Kelly runs.

By the way..what happened to the Bison special teams? Wasn't it last year that they only gave up something like 2 put returns all year by the time our game rolled around?
01-07-2018 08:21 PM
Advertisement

Dukester Offline

(01-07-2018 08:21 PM)Dukie95 Wrote:  
(01-07-2018 08:19 PM)Dukester Wrote:  

Yeah, I haven't watched the video yet, but I'm guessing our return game was helped by their covering for O'Kelly runs.

By the way..what happened to the Bison special teams? Wasn't it last year that they only gave up something like 2 put returns all year by the time our game rolled around?

Amos is that good. He'll be a difference maker for the next three years if he stays on the field. He's a stud.

We just missed two blocked punts.
01-07-2018 08:25 PM
Ike N. Berry Offline
2nd String

Not every close loss has what feels like a million "what-ifs," but this one did.

Full credit to NDSU. At the same time, to me, the bottom line is you can't make that many unforced errors and expect to beat a great team.
01-07-2018 08:32 PM
JMU_71 Offline
1st String

NDSU schemed us well. They exploited our one slight weakness. They exploited our Offensive line which was in even worse shape when Houston decided to bench Jackson after his first half personal foul. They used multiple blitz packages to confuse protections after getting us into 2nd and long and 3rd and long situations.

Having said that, if our receivers, not named Stapleton, had caught balls they have caught all year, we win this thing going away.

Jordan Brown got beat on the long 3rd down TD in the 2nd quarter. We missed a FG. We turn the ball over right after the defense intercepts a pass. We score to start the 3rd quarter, stop them, driving again and then turn it over on the goal line. I told my father right then, if we get the lead once, we'll win. We could never get it. That turnover on the goal line was huge. We had all the momentum and if we had scored and taken the lead. I think we go one to win by more than one score. NDSU was rattled in the 3rd, no doubt. We just didn't execute and you certainly have to give NDSU credit for affecting our execution.
01-09-2018 10:26 AM
JMUNation Offline
All American

Moreland dropped a pick six too. The first half Int. was because Jackson was badly beaten on a whiffed blocking attempt. He wasn’t playing well and I imagine that had something to do with his benching too.

Schor’s Int in the third was a game changer. I felt like you did. Get the lead there and the game is over. JMU had all of the momentum. The d was playing lights out. Force Stick to pass and he would have thrown an Int.
01-14-2018 09:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.