Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Tony Madlock has more coaching experience than Penny
Bookmark and Share
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I Root For: Memphis
Tony Madlock has more coaching experience than Penny
I fully support Tubby Smith as the head coach of the Memphis Tigers. For all the people who think that Penny Hardaway is going to be an assistant or head coach, it's not going to happen. He has zero experience coaching at the college level. There is one former Memphis Tiger who has a ton of experience. Tony Madlock has 20 years coaching experience at several different schools, including Ole Miss, Auburn, UTEP, and Arkansas State. Before that, he was the head coach at Melrose High School. He has a better shot of becoming a Memphis assistant than Penny does.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2018 09:40 PM by TOGC.)
01-02-2018 09:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jamammy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Tony Madlock has more coaching experience than Penny
I summons you ...

BACK TO FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!

Hope that works.
01-02-2018 09:44 PM
Dylan Offline
All American

I Root For:
(01-02-2018 09:39 PM)TOGC Wrote:  I fully support Tubby Smith as the head coach of the Memphis Tigers. For all the people who think that Penny Hardaway is going to be an assistant or head coach, it's not going to happen. He has zero experience coaching at the college level. There is one former Memphis Tiger who has a ton of experience. Tony Madlock has 20 years coaching experience at several different schools, including Ole Miss, Auburn, UTEP, and Arkansas State. Before that, he was the head coach at Melrose High School. He has a better shot of becoming a Memphis assistant than Penny does.

Here comes this dude again
01-02-2018 09:53 PM
hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina
(01-02-2018 09:39 PM)TOGC Wrote:  I fully support Tubby Smith as the head coach of the Memphis Tigers. For all the people who think that Penny Hardaway is going to be an assistant or head coach, it's not going to happen. He has zero experience coaching at the college level. There is one former Memphis Tiger who has a ton of experience. Tony Madlock has 20 years coaching experience at several different schools, including Ole Miss, Auburn, UTEP, and Arkansas State. Before that, he was the head coach at Melrose High School. He has a better shot of becoming a Memphis assistant than Penny does.

I would really love for Tony to return to Memphis and I think he would've made a great assistant for Pastner or Tubby. Heck, he was likely much qualified than Pastner to be our head coach when we hired CJP. I don't know much about Madlock other than that he was a solid Tiger PG and he has 20 years of college coaching experience. I think he may very well be ready to be head coach (don't know how media savvy he is, etc) and I think Memphis would embrace him. However, he would not create THE BUZZ that Penny would bring.

Possibly the best situation would be to have Penny as Head Coach and Madlock as Associate Head Coach. Penny would be the face while Madlock handled the day-to-day coaching duties that Penny doesn't have a lot of experience with. Of course, this would require them to have a really good relationship and we'd need to pay Madlock a HC-type of salary (perhaps, double his current).

Of course, I am just talking - I don't know either one of these guys. I just think Penny would provide a significant jolt to the program (locally and nationally) while Madlock would bring a solid base of experience. Both would bring their Tiger Blood and extreme desire to bring the program back. It wouldn't just be a job, it would be more and they'd give their blood, sweat, and tears.
450bench Online

And that's why Tony will be great on Penny's staff here.
Tony is fantastic. Absolutely. But he's not Penny.
UOFMGLENN Online
The Grand Wazoo

I wonder why Tony hasn't gotten a chance at any level of college as a head coach?
01-02-2018 10:02 PM
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

(01-02-2018 10:02 PM)UOFMGLENN Wrote:  I wonder why Tony hasn't gotten a chance at any level of college as a head coach?

I have no inside knowledge...

But the same was asked about Porter and we quickly found out why.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2018 10:07 PM by macgar32.)
01-02-2018 10:07 PM
TigersRuleAll Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I stopped reading at "I fully support Tubby Smith as head coach".
01-02-2018 10:08 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
me too. lol
01-02-2018 10:16 PM
UOFMGLENN Online
The Grand Wazoo

(01-02-2018 10:07 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(01-02-2018 10:02 PM)UOFMGLENN Wrote:  I wonder why Tony hasn't gotten a chance at any level of college as a head coach?

Good point
01-02-2018 10:30 PM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Jesus another thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app
01-02-2018 10:33 PM
Advertisement

Cletus Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-02-2018 10:30 PM)UOFMGLENN Wrote:  

Good point

Apples ? & Oranges ?

One of these things ......
01-02-2018 10:34 PM
BealeStreetTiger Offline
Banned

(01-02-2018 09:39 PM)TOGC Wrote:  I fully support Tubby Smith as the head coach of the Memphis Tigers.

Err ok tell us why. Would you hire Tubby again and if so why? Tell me the reasons you support a coach who has taken my program to a new low.

Tell me, tell us all.
01-02-2018 10:35 PM
Nobody4Prez Offline
All American

(01-02-2018 10:35 PM)BealeStreetTiger Wrote:  
(01-02-2018 09:39 PM)TOGC Wrote:  I fully support Tubby Smith as the head coach of the Memphis Tigers.

Err ok tell us why. Would you hire Tubby again and if so why? Tell me the reasons you support a coach who has taken my program to a new low.

Tell me, tell us all.

With all due respect, even Miss Donna Smith couldn’t answer this one honestly
01-02-2018 11:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(01-02-2018 09:44 PM)jamammy Wrote:  I summons you ...

BACK TO FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!

Hope that works.

I think it did.
01-02-2018 11:56 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

Good luck with this
01-03-2018 12:02 AM
Advertisement

memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
The Tub has more d1 coaching experience than Penny, what exactly does that mean?
01-03-2018 12:20 AM
tigeriron Offline
All American

I Root For: ban negativity
this is a parting ways josh 2.0 thread. i see that.. thing is, who's holding tubby accountable for his own predictions?

clearly, if coach tubby doesn't go to post season, will he resign? that's the corner he's painted himself into. and weren't we griping penny was a no go this time last year?
01-03-2018 01:49 AM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

Please explain the coorelation.

Was Matlock better known for recruiting rather than being an X’s & O’s assistant coach?
01-03-2018 04:26 AM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

Larry Finch had been an assistant, but there was a bigger reason why he was the right call as head coach.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2018 04:29 AM by Latilleon.)
01-03-2018 04:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.