UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BT tailgate spots
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
BT tailgate spots
Anyone hear when we'll find out what spots we'll be in?
06-19-2017 07:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blazerjay Offline

Donators
RE: BT tailgate spots
No, every time I call and ask, I get the same answer...."in the next few weeks". Those next few weeks have been coming for the last 3+ months.
06-20-2017 10:03 AM
blazinrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB & Marlins
Tailgate spots are sold out. I asked to buy one last week and was told that all tailgate spots had been sold but I could buy a season parking pass. Tailgating is allowed in the parking lot but not tents.
06-20-2017 10:05 AM
frenchbeef Online
Special Teams

(06-20-2017 10:05 AM)blazinrunner Wrote:  Tailgate spots are sold out. I asked to buy one last week and was told that all tailgate spots had been sold but I could buy a season parking pass. Tailgating is allowed in the parking lot but not tents.

Well damn.
06-20-2017 10:16 AM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(06-20-2017 10:05 AM)blazinrunner Wrote:  Tailgate spots are sold out. I asked to buy one last week and was told that all tailgate spots had been sold but I could buy a season parking pass. Tailgating is allowed in the parking lot but not tents.

Doesn't that seem like something that should never happen ?
06-20-2017 02:22 PM
Advertisement

blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
You'd think that would never happen since 80+K crowds are few & far between these days & they could allocate more of the unused lots to cover.
06-20-2017 05:50 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Never fear Mark is in charge.
06-20-2017 06:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blazertke Offline
1st String

I guess I'm putting up a tent in the parking lot regardless of what the "rules" are. The ticket staff has seemed inept in all of this and a lot of things haven't made any sense.
06-21-2017 07:57 AM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
My favorite illustration about life as a UAB fan trying to tailgate at legion field is this:

Way back in the day we could not tailgate at the stadium. I guess you could try but there just wasn't enough time because they would only open the parking lot to fans two hours before kickoff. So you would show up two hours before kickoff and there would be a line of 20-30 cars waiting to get in at each entrance. Well, one week our game was going to be played Thursday night because Bama was playing a game at legion field that Saturday. So, I took off work early, got in the line to be let in the parking lot when this RV came barreling past the line of cars, driving on the wrong side of the road before cutting in front of everyone and turning into legion field. They opened the gate and let the RV in. A few minutes later another RV did the same thing. I got out of the car and walked down to asked the parking attendant if they could start letting us in since they were letting RVs in and he said "No. Those are Alabama fans. They start showing up to tailgate a few days before the game every time bama plays here."

I pointed to the line of cars behind me. "Ok. See all of these people? We are here and would like to tailgate, can you open the gate for us?" He looked at me like I was retarded and said. "You don't understand, those were bama fans. They always come early to tailgate. The parklng lot for tonights game opens at 4."
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2017 09:41 AM by BlazerMatt.)
06-21-2017 09:40 AM
Advertisement

BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

(06-21-2017 09:40 AM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  My favorite illustration about life as a UAB fan trying to tailgate at legion field is this:

Way back in the day we could not tailgate at the stadium. I guess you could try but there just wasn't enough time because they would only open the parking lot to fans two hours before kickoff. So you would show up two hours before kickoff and there would be a line of 20-30 cars waiting to get in at each entrance. Well, one week our game was going to be played Thursday night because Bama was playing a game at legion field that Saturday. So, I took off work early, got in the line to be let in the parking lot when this RV came barreling past the line of cars, driving on the wrong side of the road before cutting in front of everyone and turning into legion field. They opened the gate and let the RV in. A few minutes later another RV did the same thing. I got out of the car and walked down to asked the parking attendant if they could start letting us in since they were letting RVs in and he said "No. Those are Alabama fans. They start showing up to tailgate a few days before the game every time bama plays here."

I pointed to the line of cars behind me. "Ok. See all of these people? We are here and would like to tailgate, can you open the gate for us?" He looked at me like I was retarded and said. "You don't understand, those were bama fans. They always come early to tailgate. The parklng lot for tonights game opens at 4."

Thats a Classic "Parking Nazi" story at LF.
06-21-2017 10:02 AM
blazerfrombirth Offline
Special Teams

(06-20-2017 10:16 AM)frenchbeef Wrote:  

Well damn.

How on earth are they sold out? That is ridiculous. And no tents in the parking lot? Do they not want people to tailgate?
06-21-2017 10:15 AM
blazinrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB & Marlins
(06-21-2017 10:15 AM)blazerfrombirth Wrote:  

Well damn.

How on earth are they sold out? That is ridiculous. And no tents in the parking lot? Do they not want people to tailgate?

Tents are allowed in the tailgate area (where they sold tailgate spots) but not the parking lot. The lady from UAB the ticket office who I was in email correspondence with said they were meeting with the Legion Field staff this past Monday regarding parking/tailgating and she would update me after the meeting. Once I hear back from her, I'll post the info I get on here.
06-21-2017 10:51 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Stay Tuned. Foundation is involved and will get things corrected...... ;-)

Thank God for the Foundation.
06-21-2017 10:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Spankey64 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Uab
Looking forward to seeing 80000. I will have 2 tents
06-21-2017 03:06 PM
rook360 Offline
All American

(06-21-2017 10:59 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Stay Tuned. Foundation is involved and will get things corrected...... ;-)

Thank God for the Foundation.

LoL Love how "Foundation is involved" gets action vs "Give the AD a chance."
06-21-2017 05:30 PM
blazerfrombirth Offline
Special Teams

(06-21-2017 10:51 AM)blazinrunner Wrote:  

Well damn.

Tents are allowed in the tailgate area (where they sold tailgate spots) but not the parking lot. The lady from UAB the ticket office who I was in email correspondence with said they were meeting with the Legion Field staff this past Monday regarding parking/tailgating and she would update me after the meeting. Once I hear back from her, I'll post the info I get on here.

Any update?
06-28-2017 10:36 PM
Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

(06-28-2017 10:36 PM)blazerfrombirth Wrote:  
(06-21-2017 10:51 AM)blazinrunner Wrote:  

Well damn.

Any update?

Justin Rodgers posted on Facebook earlier that they created 75 more tailgate spots today. 04-rock
06-28-2017 10:55 PM
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
See, that wasn't so hard, was it? It's not like we pack out the entire LF parking lot.
06-28-2017 11:18 PM
blazertke Offline
1st String

I picked up two yesterday, looking forward to tailgating again.
06-29-2017 08:28 AM
blazerfrombirth Offline
Special Teams

Can't quite swing the tailgate pass. Hoping they change the policy on tents in the parking lot, particularly if we want casual fans to show up and tailgate.
06-29-2017 09:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.