CSNbbs
BT tailgate spots - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: BT tailgate spots (/thread-820415.html)

BT tailgate spots - blazerwkr - 06-19-2017 07:20 PM

Anyone hear when we'll find out what spots we'll be in?

RE: BT tailgate spots - blazerjay - 06-20-2017 10:03 AM

No, every time I call and ask, I get the same answer...."in the next few weeks". Those next few weeks have been coming for the last 3+ months.

RE: BT tailgate spots - blazinrunner - 06-20-2017 10:05 AM

Tailgate spots are sold out. I asked to buy one last week and was told that all tailgate spots had been sold but I could buy a season parking pass. Tailgating is allowed in the parking lot but not tents.

RE: BT tailgate spots - frenchbeef - 06-20-2017 10:16 AM

(06-20-2017 10:05 AM)blazinrunner Wrote:  Tailgate spots are sold out. I asked to buy one last week and was told that all tailgate spots had been sold but I could buy a season parking pass. Tailgating is allowed in the parking lot but not tents.

Well damn.

RE: BT tailgate spots - BlazerPhil - 06-20-2017 02:22 PM

(06-20-2017 10:05 AM)blazinrunner Wrote:  Tailgate spots are sold out. I asked to buy one last week and was told that all tailgate spots had been sold but I could buy a season parking pass. Tailgating is allowed in the parking lot but not tents.

Doesn't that seem like something that should never happen ?

RE: BT tailgate spots - blazerwkr - 06-20-2017 05:50 PM

You'd think that would never happen since 80+K crowds are few & far between these days & they could allocate more of the unused lots to cover.

RE: BT tailgate spots - ATTALLABLAZE - 06-20-2017 06:08 PM

Never fear Mark is in charge.

RE: BT tailgate spots - blazertke - 06-21-2017 07:57 AM

I guess I'm putting up a tent in the parking lot regardless of what the "rules" are. The ticket staff has seemed inept in all of this and a lot of things haven't made any sense.

RE: BT tailgate spots - BlazerMatt - 06-21-2017 09:40 AM

My favorite illustration about life as a UAB fan trying to tailgate at legion field is this:

Way back in the day we could not tailgate at the stadium. I guess you could try but there just wasn't enough time because they would only open the parking lot to fans two hours before kickoff. So you would show up two hours before kickoff and there would be a line of 20-30 cars waiting to get in at each entrance. Well, one week our game was going to be played Thursday night because Bama was playing a game at legion field that Saturday. So, I took off work early, got in the line to be let in the parking lot when this RV came barreling past the line of cars, driving on the wrong side of the road before cutting in front of everyone and turning into legion field. They opened the gate and let the RV in. A few minutes later another RV did the same thing. I got out of the car and walked down to asked the parking attendant if they could start letting us in since they were letting RVs in and he said "No. Those are Alabama fans. They start showing up to tailgate a few days before the game every time bama plays here."

I pointed to the line of cars behind me. "Ok. See all of these people? We are here and would like to tailgate, can you open the gate for us?" He looked at me like I was retarded and said. "You don't understand, those were bama fans. They always come early to tailgate. The parklng lot for tonights game opens at 4."

RE: BT tailgate spots - BlazrDawg - 06-21-2017 10:02 AM

(06-21-2017 09:40 AM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  My favorite illustration about life as a UAB fan trying to tailgate at legion field is this:

Way back in the day we could not tailgate at the stadium. I guess you could try but there just wasn't enough time because they would only open the parking lot to fans two hours before kickoff. So you would show up two hours before kickoff and there would be a line of 20-30 cars waiting to get in at each entrance. Well, one week our game was going to be played Thursday night because Bama was playing a game at legion field that Saturday. So, I took off work early, got in the line to be let in the parking lot when this RV came barreling past the line of cars, driving on the wrong side of the road before cutting in front of everyone and turning into legion field. They opened the gate and let the RV in. A few minutes later another RV did the same thing. I got out of the car and walked down to asked the parking attendant if they could start letting us in since they were letting RVs in and he said "No. Those are Alabama fans. They start showing up to tailgate a few days before the game every time bama plays here."

I pointed to the line of cars behind me. "Ok. See all of these people? We are here and would like to tailgate, can you open the gate for us?" He looked at me like I was retarded and said. "You don't understand, those were bama fans. They always come early to tailgate. The parklng lot for tonights game opens at 4."

Thats a Classic "Parking Nazi" story at LF.

RE: BT tailgate spots - blazerfrombirth - 06-21-2017 10:15 AM

(06-20-2017 10:16 AM)frenchbeef Wrote:  

Well damn.

How on earth are they sold out? That is ridiculous. And no tents in the parking lot? Do they not want people to tailgate?

RE: BT tailgate spots - blazinrunner - 06-21-2017 10:51 AM

(06-21-2017 10:15 AM)blazerfrombirth Wrote:  

Well damn.

How on earth are they sold out? That is ridiculous. And no tents in the parking lot? Do they not want people to tailgate?

Tents are allowed in the tailgate area (where they sold tailgate spots) but not the parking lot. The lady from UAB the ticket office who I was in email correspondence with said they were meeting with the Legion Field staff this past Monday regarding parking/tailgating and she would update me after the meeting. Once I hear back from her, I'll post the info I get on here.

RE: BT tailgate spots - ATTALLABLAZE - 06-21-2017 10:59 AM

Stay Tuned. Foundation is involved and will get things corrected...... ;-)

Thank God for the Foundation.

RE: BT tailgate spots - Spankey64 - 06-21-2017 03:06 PM

Looking forward to seeing 80000. I will have 2 tents ⛺️

RE: BT tailgate spots - rook360 - 06-21-2017 05:30 PM

(06-21-2017 10:59 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Stay Tuned. Foundation is involved and will get things corrected...... ;-)

Thank God for the Foundation.

LoL Love how "Foundation is involved" gets action vs "Give the AD a chance."

RE: BT tailgate spots - blazerfrombirth - 06-28-2017 10:36 PM

(06-21-2017 10:51 AM)blazinrunner Wrote:  

Well damn.

Tents are allowed in the tailgate area (where they sold tailgate spots) but not the parking lot. The lady from UAB the ticket office who I was in email correspondence with said they were meeting with the Legion Field staff this past Monday regarding parking/tailgating and she would update me after the meeting. Once I hear back from her, I'll post the info I get on here.

Any update?

RE: BT tailgate spots - Marathon Blazer - 06-28-2017 10:55 PM

(06-28-2017 10:36 PM)blazerfrombirth Wrote:  
(06-21-2017 10:51 AM)blazinrunner Wrote:  

Well damn.

Any update?

Justin Rodgers posted on Facebook earlier that they created 75 more tailgate spots today. 04-rock

RE: BT tailgate spots - UAB Band Dad - 06-28-2017 11:18 PM

See, that wasn't so hard, was it? It's not like we pack out the entire LF parking lot.

RE: BT tailgate spots - blazertke - 06-29-2017 08:28 AM

I picked up two yesterday, looking forward to tailgating again.

RE: BT tailgate spots - blazerfrombirth - 06-29-2017 09:16 AM

Can't quite swing the tailgate pass. Hoping they change the policy on tents in the parking lot, particularly if we want casual fans to show up and tailgate.