Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Yet another Obama clemency success story
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Yet another Obama clemency success story
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/12/tex...rison.html

Quote:A Texas drug dealer is back in prison a year after she was granted clemency by President Obama.

Carol Denise Richardson, 49, was sentenced to 14 months in prison last week for violation the terms of her supervised release, according to the Department of Justice. Prosecutors say she committed five separate violations of those terms.

“This defendant was literally given a second chance to become a productive member of society and has wasted it,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Ted Imperato said in a statement. “She has clearly shown a willful disregard for the law and must face the consequences for her crimes and actions.”

Quote:But $60 worth of laundry detergent landed her back in jail in April. She was caught stealing the detergent in Pasadena, Calif. and planned to sell it to buy drugs, her attorney told the Houston Chronicle.

Mark Anthony Diaz told the newspaper that his client’s problems stem from her ongoing crack addiction.

Prosecutors say among other conditions Richardson violated are staying in contact with a probation officer and failing to report that she had moved.
06-12-2017 02:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Yet another Obama clemency success story
What a Legacy this chump has
06-12-2017 02:28 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
She got out of prison and learned the hard way there's a new sheriff in town.
06-12-2017 02:28 PM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
[Image: SG-Obama-SG-Mugshot-Carol-Denise-Richardson.png]
06-12-2017 02:30 PM
Lush Online
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
if crack was the reason she was in jail in the first place, perhaps a rehab clinic would have kept her from being a repeat offender
06-12-2017 02:41 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(06-12-2017 02:30 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  [Image: SG-Obama-SG-Mugshot-Carol-Denise-Richardson.png]

She could have been his daughter. At least in jail she won't have to worry about stealing to buy more drugs. She'll get cured, no ifs ands or buts.
06-12-2017 02:44 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline

(06-12-2017 02:41 PM)Lush Wrote:  if crack was the reason she was in jail in the first place, perhaps a rehab clinic would have kept her from being a repeat offender

She was in jail for being a dealer, not a user.

[Image: n3cERmK.png]
06-12-2017 02:52 PM
Lush Online
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
(06-12-2017 02:52 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(06-12-2017 02:41 PM)Lush Wrote:  if crack was the reason she was in jail in the first place, perhaps a rehab clinic would have kept her from being a repeat offender

Quote:Mark Anthony Diaz told the newspaper that his client’s problems stem from her ongoing crack addiction.

did she develop her crack addiction in prison? was she dealing crack for walking around money?
06-12-2017 02:56 PM
Kaplony Offline

(06-12-2017 02:56 PM)Lush Wrote:  

Quote:Mark Anthony Diaz told the newspaper that his client’s problems stem from her ongoing crack addiction.

did she develop her crack addiction in prison? was she dealing crack for walking around money?

Don't give a **** either way. If she was dealing that poison she doesn't deserve treatment, she deserved to do her time.

The effects that crack cocaine has on people has been common knowledge for over 30 years now. Despite this fact she chose to use it.

I might would have a little more sympathy is it were weed but when it comes to anything else there is zero sympathy.
06-12-2017 03:13 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards

there is NOTHING that can save THOSE folks....they give up and only want to forget...

you have to understand the root before the problem can be eradicated....and that's impossible (IMO) at this point....they're uneducated, impoverished, and have ZERO skill set.....you tell me how to fix that overnight (being relative), and I'll join ya in the zillionaire club....

I see 'em every day.....it's sad to watch....can only imagine what it's like in the major metro inner cities...

fyi: I make a majority of my annual income from sect. 8 in a po-dunk 50k town....gotta love the 'sip for some reason....

I'm one evil bastard when it comes to the coin....
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2017 03:23 PM by stinkfist.)
06-12-2017 03:22 PM
stinkfist Offline

(06-12-2017 02:44 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  
(06-12-2017 02:30 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  [Image: SG-Obama-SG-Mugshot-Carol-Denise-Richardson.png]

She could have been his daughter. At least in jail she won't have to worry about stealing to buy more drugs. She'll get cured, no ifs ands or buts.

the question then becomes being a ward of the state at ~40k/yr on the tax payer dime or letting her run rampant with the other losers and let the local authorities monitor and play it out downstream as req'd....

what's really sad are the kids that will never have a chance at any form of life that is in that surrounding....

you just can't keep putting people in ******* jail.....that's just ******* stupid....
06-12-2017 03:28 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

your image is the root cause....

if the elder(s) cannot read or speak plain ******* english, then those that are under their reign are almost certainly doomed....
06-12-2017 03:31 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
the question then becomes being a ward of the state at ~40k/yr on the tax payer dime or letting her run rampant with the other losers and let the local authorities monitor and play it out downstream as req'd....

what's really sad are the kids that will never have a chance at any form of life that is in that surrounding....

you just can't keep putting people in ******* jail.....that's just ******* stupid....
[/quote]

So you'd rather do the Oblunder route, letting them loose to destroy other people which most likely will be juveniles or young men. I'd rather spend 40k to keep her from continuing the cycle that she herself comes from. And don't say that it's because she's not educated, trained or whatever. There's workers at Walmart who aren't either and they're not out there dealing drugs, destroying others. She deserves what she asked for. Oblunder in his "kindness" let her loose and nothing came of it. Like many panhandlers they're only after a fix or some drugs to sell. They DON'T want to work, Stinky, plain and simple. I know, I came from the Barrio and I've seen it.
06-12-2017 03:47 PM
stinkfist Offline

(06-12-2017 03:47 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  the question then becomes being a ward of the state at ~40k/yr on the tax payer dime or letting her run rampant with the other losers and let the local authorities monitor and play it out downstream as req'd....

So you'd rather do the Oblunder route, letting them loose to destroy other people which most likely will be juveniles or young men. I'd rather spend 40k to keep her from continuing the cycle that she herself comes from. And don't say that it's because she's not educated, trained or whatever. There's workers at Walmart who aren't either and they're not out there dealing drugs, destroying others. She deserves what she asked for. Oblunder in his "kindness" let her loose and nothing came of it. Like many panhandlers they're only after a fix or some drugs to sell. They DON'T want to work, Stinky, plain and simple. I know, I came from the Barrio and I've seen it.
[/quote]

there isn't a "single" answer to this issue.....it's beyond physiological/biologically/economically/ets complicated....

I have too many thoughts on this in relative terms....however, it becomes a book that I'm not willing to write within a single post or thread...

you guys tend to focus on the singularity....I choose not to view in that vein....
06-12-2017 04:35 PM
Kaplony Offline

(06-12-2017 03:47 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  the question then becomes being a ward of the state at ~40k/yr on the tax payer dime or letting her run rampant with the other losers and let the local authorities monitor and play it out downstream as req'd....

[/quote]

They don't want to work because they know they don't HAVE to work because the government is going to come to their rescue. After generations of creating a thriving welfare class thy know exactly how to work the system. The one we encountered all the time is when a family would complain about some aspect of their government subsidized apartment not meeting their satisfaction and being unable to correct it in the established means so they would put a pan of grease on the stove and walk out. Nine out of ten times the apartment they were moved to was better than the one they left and hell.....they didn't pay for anything in the apartment anyway so who cares if it burns up or gets water damaged. Somebody was going to replace it.....in those days there would be a "charity" raffle or bake sale or something, usually by their church. I never knew that was a thing until my partner, who grew up in the projects in Columbia, said that's how things were done.
06-12-2017 04:47 PM
stinkfist Offline

(06-12-2017 04:47 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

They don't want to work because they know they don't HAVE to work because the government is going to come to their rescue. After generations of creating a thriving welfare class thy know exactly how to work the system. The one we encountered all the time is when a family would complain about some aspect of their government subsidized apartment not meeting their satisfaction and being unable to correct it in the established means so they would put a pan of grease on the stove and walk out. Nine out of ten times the apartment they were moved to was better than the one they left and hell.....they didn't pay for anything in the apartment anyway so who cares if it burns up or gets water damaged. Somebody was going to replace it.....in those days there would be a "charity" raffle or bake sale or something, usually by their church. I never knew that was a thing until my partner, who grew up in the projects in Columbia, said that's how things were done.
[/quote]

XACLY! defined in a nutshell!

I literally just had that conversation with a pair....sigh....

the ability of those that have and have not is widening exponentially.....

therein lies the root issue for those that are paying the burden of this cluster****

we're destroying ourselves from within....

and this ************ isn't playing the dem version of doom......I'll just use dem like I always have....**** 'em

and I do it with a :)
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2017 06:09 PM by stinkfist.)
06-12-2017 06:08 PM
Advertisement

South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison

America's most promising..... Thanks Barry!!
06-12-2017 07:55 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Odd what the original poster considers a success story. I guess if it makes Obama look bad, it is a success.
06-12-2017 07:57 PM
Kaplony Offline

(06-12-2017 07:57 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Odd what the original poster considers a success story. I guess if it makes Obama look bad, it is a success.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/sarcasm

Quote: noun
harsh or bitter derision or irony.
a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark:
06-12-2017 08:11 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
If 10 years in prison did not rehab this woman no amount will.....

you have to want to stop before any rehab will work and a forced 10 years didn't.

As to the clemency this woman should not have got a life sentence in the first place. Any dealing she was doing was nickle and dime ****. But most drug dealers are addicts. And the ******* conspiracy laws are so loosely defined....

it wouldn't take much to get any of us. Lets put it this way. If you drive a friend to walmart and they buy Sudafed and that person trade or sells it to someone making meth. You are now part of that conspiracy. I had a brother in law that this happened to and he had no ideal what his cousin was buying or the persons house he dropped him off at was being watched and busted. The cops took the bag with 2 packages of Sudafed and the walmart receipt and went to walmart and watched video of this person get out of my brother in laws car and go into walmart and back to his car

My brother in law is a straight shooter....never even had a ticket before. He was indited along with 22 others. In the end his cousin plead out for 5 years (federal) and my brother in law was dropped from the conspiracy. It cost him 10k, a week in jail, lost his job of 10 years

This is my Democrat part coming out.....most republican will say lock them up and forget about you. Then they will **** a brick on getting rid of most welfare programs. It cost less paying for housing, food and a freaking welfare check than it does to lock that dope head up for a year.

It's time to stop locking up people with a addiction for 7 years to life just because of conspiracy laws. Sure, go after those making their living selling the ****. But we need to find a better way than locking up addicts if there's not another violent crime with it.

I know the argument..let them on the streets and one day they might kill or hurt someone real bad. Yes that might happen on a few. But we have to find something better than prison.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2017 11:17 PM by WKUYG.)
06-12-2017 11:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.