Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

HuffPro reports Fla Gov Scott Walker called for a moment of scilence
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
HuffPro reports Fla Gov Scott Walker called for a moment of scilence
Understandable, since all white male straight Republican governors look alike.

"A previous version of this article incorrectly referred to Gov. Scott Walker asking for a moment of silence. Scott Walker is the governor of Wisconsin; Rick Scott is the governor of Florida."

Link
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2016 09:00 AM by QuestionSocratic.)
06-13-2016 08:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: HuffPro reports Fla Gov Scott Walker called for a moment of scilence
Huffpoo figured it was close enough for the libturds that read their trash, as they wouldnt know the difference. They also figured blaming christians, guns, and republicans for orlando was close enough to the truth for the libturds as well.
06-13-2016 09:10 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(06-13-2016 08:59 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  Understandable, since all white male straight Republican governors look alike.

"A previous version of this article incorrectly referred to Gov. Scott Walker asking for a moment of silence. Scott Walker is the governor of Wisconsin; Rick Scott is the governor of Florida."

Link

Did Rick Scott mention the word Gay? Or LGBT in the 7 am press conference? His press release didn't mention it this morning. Again.

A moment of silence? Whatever.

Just watched his interview on Today this morning. He cannot even say the friggin' word. I suppose he has to pretend that we aren't Gay for him to even talk about us in death.

If someone shot up a Synagogue, he'd see this as an attack on the Jewish community.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2016 10:54 AM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
06-13-2016 10:33 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
(06-13-2016 10:33 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(06-13-2016 08:59 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  Understandable, since all white male straight Republican governors look alike.

Link

Did Rick Scott mention the word Gay? Or LGBT in the 7 am press conference? His press release didn't mention it this morning. Again.

Don't know what Scott said. But I do know that Hillary is concerned about a backlash against Muslims. (Link )
06-13-2016 10:38 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC

Link

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKDoRlK_zFcEuho9bQzg2...yH78Wd3mAj]
06-13-2016 10:41 AM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA

Link

Has Hillary or Bernie? What about Obama? I might had missed it, but I sure dont remember them mentioning anything.
06-13-2016 10:42 AM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog

Link

Maybe he just sees people and not pet groups...
06-13-2016 10:44 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-13-2016 10:44 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

Link

Maybe he just sees people and not pet groups...

No, he certainly sees us as a target class when he supports discrimination against us. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/o...olumn.html
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2016 10:58 AM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
06-13-2016 10:57 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-13-2016 10:42 AM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  

Link

Has Hillary or Bernie? What about Obama? I might had missed it, but I sure dont remember them mentioning anything.

Obama clearly mentioned this as an attack on the LGBT community. And he called it a hate crime too. http://abcnews.go.com/US/president-obama...d=39794617

Hillary referenced it in her statements...http://www.koat.com/news/in-wake-of-orlando-massacre-hillary-clinton-says-hate-has-no-place-in-america/40022744

Bernie is irrelevant. I'm sure he said the right things here though too.

Trump...Too busy high fiving himself to even acknowledge that it was an attack on the LGBT community.

Scott...repeatedly refuses to even acknowledge us by name in death. https://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/rick-sc...nightclub/

---

In order for some Republicans to even condemn mass killings of us, they have to pretend we aren't Gay. Don't wonder why we reflexively vote against the GOP.
06-13-2016 11:06 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF

Link

Just watched his interview on Today this morning. He cannot even say the friggin' word. I suppose he has to pretend that we aren't Gay for him to even talk about us in death.

If someone shot up a Synagogue, he'd see this as an attack on the Jewish community.

Terrible governors are easy to get mixed up.
06-13-2016 11:12 AM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

(06-13-2016 11:06 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

Link

Obama clearly mentioned this as an attack on the LGBT community. And he called it a hate crime too. http://abcnews.go.com/US/president-obama...d=39794617

Hillary referenced it in her statements...http://www.koat.com/news/in-wake-of-orlando-massacre-hillary-clinton-says-hate-has-no-place-in-america/40022744

Trump...Too busy high fiving himself to even acknowledge that it was an attack on the LGBT community.

Scott...repeatedly refuses to even acknowledge us by name in death. https://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/rick-sc...nightclub/

---

In order for some Republicans to even condemn mass killings of us, they have to pretend we aren't Gay. Don't wonder why we reflexively vote against the GOP.

Funny how you only call out Republicans, and dismiss the fact that Hillary never said "gay" or anything like that. Same with Bernie, how is he irrelevant? He is still running to be President. Your hate is showing Tom.

You want equal treatment under the law yet you dont want Republicans to know you are different. What is that you want? Do you want us to treat you equally or to treat you special?
06-13-2016 11:14 AM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-13-2016 11:14 AM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  

Link

---

Funny how you only call out Republicans, and dismiss the fact that Hillary never said "gay" or anything like that. Same with Bernie, how is he irrelevant? He is still running to be President. Your hate is showing Tom.

You want equal treatment under the law yet you dont want Republicans to know you are different. What is that you want? Do you want us to treat you equally or to treat you special?

Hillary's comments. http://www.towleroad.com/2016/06/clinton-orlando/

--

Yes, we want equal treatment. They don't pretend that Jews weren't targeted because they were Jews when a Synagogue gets shot up. They don't pretend that Blacks weren't targeted when someone shoots up a church. Treat us like any other minority that faces discrimination when they are attacked.

But the GOP has to shove 50 dead bodies into a friggin' closet before they can talk about them. Happy Pride Week.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2016 11:19 AM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
06-13-2016 11:18 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

(06-13-2016 11:18 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(06-13-2016 10:33 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Did Rick Scott mention the word Gay? Or LGBT in the 7 am press conference? His press release didn't mention it this morning. Again.

---

--

Yes, we want equal treatment. They don't pretend that Jews weren't targeted because they were Jews when a Synagogue gets shot up. They don't pretend that Blacks weren't targeted when someone shoots up a church. Treat us like any other minority that faces discrimination when they are attacked.

But the GOP has to shove 50 dead bodies into a friggin' closet before they can talk about them. Happy Pride Week.

We see them as americans.

I remember a time, not too long ago, that gays would be butthurt if you referred to their club as a "gay" club. They would call you a bigot.

So make up your damned mind. Are you gay, or are you american.
06-13-2016 11:20 AM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

(06-13-2016 10:33 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Did Rick Scott mention the word Gay? Or LGBT in the 7 am press conference? His press release didn't mention it this morning. Again.

---

--

Congratulations on Hillary's comment, she mentioned "LGBT" twice.

Your hatred for the GOP is showing. I find it funny how you keep blaming the Republicans for this, but the shooter was a registered democrat and muslim.
06-13-2016 11:24 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC

Link

It is a muslim terrorist, of course they want to impose a death sentence on gays. Everybody knows this. Have to imagine straight people were also victims. Not everyone in gay bars and clubs is gay.
06-13-2016 11:27 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
It's not really debatable that this was a domestic terrorist attack by a Muslim motivated by Islam on the LGBTQ community. Why can our leaders not expressly say as such?

Darts at a fvucking phone book would give us a better political class.
06-13-2016 11:27 AM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

(06-13-2016 11:24 AM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  
(06-13-2016 10:42 AM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  Has Hillary or Bernie? What about Obama? I might had missed it, but I sure dont remember them mentioning anything.

---

--

Congratulations on Hillary's comment, she mentioned "LGBT" twice.

Your hatred for the GOP is showing. I find it funny how you keep blaming the Republicans for this, but the shooter was a registered democrat and muslim.

To the mentally "unable", the problem is guns, christians, or republicans. And its Bush's fault.
06-13-2016 11:31 AM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
If I get shot it won't be mentioned that I'm heterosexual.

Equal treatment would indicate that the same should apply.

We must report that the club was targeted based on its gay clientele. It is right to do so.

That does not mean we must report the sexual orientation of each victim...or that we must call this a gay tragedy since, chances are, some non-gay individuals were also victims.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
06-13-2016 11:31 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest

Link

You are just looking for something to complain about Tom. Scott was very reverent in his comments as to the victims and families. It was not the time to make social or political statements directly after this heinous tragedy. Id guess more comments will come out as the days progress.
06-13-2016 11:34 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-13-2016 11:31 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  If I get shot it won't be mentioned that I'm heterosexual.

Equal treatment would indicate that the same should apply.

We must report that the club was targeted based on its gay clientele. It is right to do so.

That does not mean we must report the sexual orientation of each victim...or that we must call this a gay tragedy since, chances are, some non-gay individuals were also victims.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

He drove past 10,000 general purpose venues in the 2 hours between his home and the Gay club.

And to not mention the community at all is insulting to the victims and to the community from which they came.

Look we all know the real reason Scott and Trump won't mention it.
06-13-2016 11:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.