Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent Golfers in the Pros - 2016
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
Might as well kick off a new thread for the new year.

This week: John Hahn is playing the European Tour's Joberg Open where he shot a 73 where he 'putted like Ray Charles'. Now 34 putts sounds pretty good to me, but some of the miniature golf courses I play are tough. He'll have some work tomorrow to make the cut.
01-14-2016 06:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Kent Golfers in the Pros - 2016
The web.com tour kicks off the new season this weekend in Panama. Mackenzie Hughes, Taylor Pendrith and Ryan Yip are all there. After two rounds, Hughes and Yip are tied for 33rd shooting even and Pendrith missed the cut by one stroke.
01-29-2016 07:23 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
Hughes and Yip did not have great weekends and will end up around tied for 56th, which will earn them about $1500. From what I understand, it is important to start off the year fast to be able to keep playing events (they reorder the priority ranking after the 8th event I believe), so any little thing to help counts here.

All three of the Kent guys are scheduled to play next week's web.com event in Columbia. John Hahn will be playing an European Tour event (Tshwane Open) in South Africa the week after. He missed the cut in the Joberg Open earlier this year.
01-31-2016 02:13 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
Yip, Pendrith and Hughes are in Columbia and they are completing the second round today (fell behind because of weather).

Right now, Pendrith has finished his round and is at 4 under (tied for 21st) and will make the cut.

Hughes is one under with 8 holes left in the second round and basically on the cut line bubble (tied for 57th).

Yip is four over with 8 holes left in the second round and way off the cut bubble.

You can follow the tournament here: http://www.pgatour.com/webcom/leaderboard.html

An interesting side note is that the tournament allowed a 14-year-old Columbian amateur Estaban Jaramillo into the field and he played solid golf finishing the two rounds at 7 over.
02-06-2016 10:06 AM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
Hughes and Yip missed the cut, but Pendrith is in contention. He finished with an eagle on the 18th today and after 3 rounds, he's tied for 5th, just 3 strokes off the lead.

Missed this one, but Corey Conners was the medalist for the qualifying school for the PGA LatinoAmerica Tour. The LA tour is similar to the Mackenzie Tour (formerly PGA Canadian Tour) is that it contains a path to the web.com (top 5 in earnings) and has similar purses ($150K). He is exempt for both the LA and Mackenzie Tours for this year.
02-06-2016 09:02 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
Pendrith making the turn 1 shot off the lead.
02-07-2016 01:03 PM
Advertisement

bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
Pendrith was in contention all day, but finished two shots back tied for 4th. He bogeyed the 13th and 14th, but got one back on the 16th with a birdie. Unfortunately, he couldn't take advantage of the 17th and 18th, parring both (he was 7 under on those two holes over the first three rounds) and couldn't mount a final charge at the leader.

Good weekend though. I figure his take on the purse will be $30K, a good start winning a spot on the PGA tour.

The web.com tour is off for a few weeks, but John Hahn is playing next week in the European Tour event in South Africa.
02-07-2016 05:38 PM
ksu315 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Does anyone know what Ben Curtis's plan is for the year. Does he have status on any tour other than begging for sponsors exemptions?
02-08-2016 10:55 AM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
I'm pretty sure he has no status except for maybe being able to play events that he previously won (except for the Open Championship, since I think that's only good for 10 years). I haven't seen any news on him and he hasn't played any events this season.
02-08-2016 06:12 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
John Hahn will be missing the cut in the Tshwane Open in South Africa on the European Tour this week. No other Kent alum are playing this weekend as far as I can tell.
02-12-2016 09:59 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(02-12-2016 09:59 AM)bopol Wrote:  John Hahn will be missing the cut in the Tshwane Open in South Africa on the European Tour this week. No other Kent alum are playing this weekend as far as I can tell.

I'm playing some WGT on my phone.
02-12-2016 10:34 AM
Advertisement

bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-12-2016 10:34 AM)axeme Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 09:59 AM)bopol Wrote:  John Hahn will be missing the cut in the Tshwane Open in South Africa on the European Tour this week. No other Kent alum are playing this weekend as far as I can tell.

I'm playing some WGT on my phone.

Update us on how it goes, because it's going to be a slow weekend for golf otherwise.
02-12-2016 11:51 AM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
Well, if you're going to lay an egg, it's good that you can have a little fun with it. John Hahn shot a 79-77 and missed the cut in the Tshwane Open by 13 strokes. Afterwards, he had this to say on twitter.

"So close to making the cut last week ?? looking to improve on that stellar performance... Di Data this week, forget about it!!!!"

Not sure what Di Data is.
02-15-2016 05:24 PM
flash77 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State
(02-15-2016 05:24 PM)bopol Wrote:  Well, if you're going to lay an egg, it's good that you can have a little fun with it. John Hahn shot a 79-77 and missed the cut in the Tshwane Open by 13 strokes. Afterwards, he had this to say on twitter.

"So close to making the cut last week ?? looking to improve on that stellar performance... Di Data this week, forget about it!!!!"

Ditto?
02-15-2016 08:57 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-15-2016 08:57 PM)flash77 Wrote:  
(02-15-2016 05:24 PM)bopol Wrote:  Well, if you're going to lay an egg, it's good that you can have a little fun with it. John Hahn shot a 79-77 and missed the cut in the Tshwane Open by 13 strokes. Afterwards, he had this to say on twitter.

Ditto?

It's a Sunshine Tour event in South Africa. I guess he figured since he made the 31 hour trip, he might as well hang around for 2 tournaments.
02-15-2016 09:20 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
Ok, last week, John Hahn did not make the cut in the Dimension Data Tournament on the Sunshine Tour.

So, this week, we've got one alum playing in a LatinoAmerica PGA event in Columbia. And guess what? Corey Conners shot a 9 under 63 (that is, 9 birdies and no bogeys) and holds a two stroke lead after the first round. He is interviewed at the top of this page (http://www.pgatour.com/la/en/leaderboard.html).

No one else is in action this weekend as far as i can tell.
02-25-2016 07:21 PM
Advertisement

bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
In Columbia, Conners shot a 3 under and fell to third, five shots behind a fellow that shot a 12 under 60 today (10 birdies and a hole in one).
02-26-2016 07:34 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
In Columbia, Conners shot 4 under today and is still third, five strokes behind the leader, 1 stroke behind the player in second and 4 strokes up on the players in fourth.
02-27-2016 04:04 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
Corey Connors finished third in Columbia today. A good start to the long LatinoAmerica Tour season.
02-28-2016 04:20 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
That's good. That tour is a real grind. I assume it dovetails into the Mackenzie Tour later in the year? I know CC qualified for it.
02-28-2016 04:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.