Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Basketball Commit
Bookmark and Share
FredJay Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
New Basketball Commit
Rocket Nation has tweeted that Tony Anderson, a 6-8, 220# PF from Columbus, OH has committed to Toledo and will be in the 2015 class.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2015 10:19 PM by FredJay.)
04-03-2015 07:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rocketpaul Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: New Basketball Recruit
(04-03-2015 07:56 PM)FredJay Wrote:  Rocket Nation has tweeted that Tony Anderson, a 6-8, 220# PF from Columbus, OH has committed to Toledo and will be in the 2015 class.

Great news I was hoping for one more guy in that size range I would hope they either bank the last scholarship or use it on a transfer from a big school
04-03-2015 08:00 PM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

(04-03-2015 08:00 PM)rocketpaul Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 07:56 PM)FredJay Wrote:  Rocket Nation has tweeted that Tony Anderson, a 6-8, 220# PF from Columbus, OH has committed to Toledo and will be in the 2015 class.

Great news I was hoping for one more guy in that size range I would hope they either bank the last scholarship or use it on a transfer from a big school

It also is on Verbal Commits
04-03-2015 08:01 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Been around a bit. Columbus Marion Franklin, Oak Hill Academy, Groveport Madison. Only played half of his senior season after transferring. Three star recruit by ESPN.com.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2015 09:20 PM by DetroitRocket.)
04-03-2015 08:43 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
he's been a recent target. i like it. who knows if he will have a great career from highlight reels and a little internet chatter. however, rather go after a highly recruited big kid with skills who can shoot than another option. we got a pg. anderson is a baller. looks like he may need a yr or two to get stronger and grow into his body. but has the potential to be a very good offense high/low post forward.

as i look at the class you can see how coach k has gone after big kids with skill. adway. knapke. anderson. boothe will be example next year for them to learn under. it looks like the offense will be more of a 2 post 2 wing 1 pg set. the pervious yrs of coach k have all been a 1 post 1 tweener 2 wing 1 pg. this should result in a program that will have a lot more rim protection on defense with big kids who can swat away the ball - for example, adway has had huge games blocking shots against good chicago area competition. we might not sign the next 6-11 kevin garnett, but look for bigger teams in the upcoming years.

i have no idea how many games next yrs team will win. could see us going 15-15 or challenging for the mac tourney title if the team gels over time. gotta like the quality of recruits coming in though. coach k isn't reaching much. next year we got the 2 young ball handlers in mosley and nick rogers. jaelen sanford is going be fun to watch play. lauf and hall have shown their ability to good at some things and are hustle players. the team will scrap more. boothe should get a chance to be the key. might have a big yr. then we got 3 big freshman that can handle a bit and shoot. might start 5 at 6-9, 6-9, 6-5, 6-3, 6-3 or 6-0, with bench guys at 6-10, 6-10, 6-8, 6-6, 6-3, 6-2. but coach is gonna have to figure out a bunch of young guards that so far are struggling to find their role or just coming coming out of hs. that could take a minute.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2015 10:11 PM by pono.)
04-03-2015 09:54 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
RE: New Basketball Commit
Hope he's ready to contribute next season--low post was a concern from time to time in recent seasons.

If I were any of the incoming freshmen, I would be working my butt off during this off-season, getting my body in the physical shape it needs to be to play at the D-1 level, and then commit to playing tough D as soon as the first practice whistle is blown. Plenty of opportunity for any of these guys to not only see significant court time but also start--heck, someone from the youngsters may even emerge as the team leader, as there is a bit of a void there, IMO.

Record-wise, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we struggle more than we've been accustomed to the past few seasons, but if all of these new guys truly buy in and work hard, they will earn respect from the fan base, and better days will once again be on the horizon.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 06:45 AM by bcunn3128.)
04-04-2015 06:44 AM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Don't know if this guy is a shot blocker, but with Adaway and soon-to-be all-time UT shot block record holder Boothe we may play better against the WMU types who make lots of back cuts. Nice to have some off side insurance there. Our perimeter D still needs lots of work. Lauf fouls too much and no one else seems that interested to me although Coach K is high on JJ's D.
04-04-2015 07:56 AM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
(04-03-2015 08:43 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  Been around a bit. Columbus Marion Franklin, Oak Hill Academy, Groveport Madison. Only played half of his senior season after transferring. Three star recruit by ESPN.com.

So i wonder if this means that if he doesn't get enough playing time next season, he'll be a one and done...
04-04-2015 08:36 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
After looking at a few of Anderson's videos, he looks to me like a kid still growing into his body. Athletic, but still a bit awkward. Given a year or two, he could be very productive. Have no idea about his rebounding or defense.

I do like the fact that he has a number of moves around the basket, shows a soft shooting touch and can make mid-range and deeper jumpers. Also can handle the ball a little. We've had plenty of bigs who couldn't do that.

He had a nice offer list with West Virginia, Washington State, Kent...

This could be the tallest roster at UT ever, if that means anything.

This freshman class is too big at six, almost half of the roster. IMO, Coach K will have to red-shirt at least one player, maybe two, to get some balance in the classes.
04-04-2015 10:03 AM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I totally disagree with the concept of redshirting guys just to balance the classes. Many of the past redshirts never worked out (Aubrey Williams for one). We just need to put the best guys on the floor. If someone isn't good enough to play, then they should not be on the roster (unless of course they are injured). We need guys with the right attitude. The swagger on this year's team did not win games. Hustle and solid defense are much more vital than swagger.
04-04-2015 10:31 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Redshirt: Casey Shaw. Sometimes it works.
04-04-2015 11:21 AM
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
craig rogers
04-04-2015 04:52 PM
rocket 51 Offline
1st String

Knowing that this senior class was talented, had swagger and still under achieved, I agree with Rocket 75! Let's drop the "swagger" from a qualification to be a part of UT MBB. Do have reservations with the new guy having moved around to all those schools. Hope we vetted that issue real well. He is raw and I'm wondering about the level of competition he faced. If we've learned anything watching hoops this last week, we have seen teams that hustle, play team ball, and look to be "gym rats" out play teams with superior talent...Defiance HS and Wisconsin! I vote for the former all day long! Go Rockets!
04-05-2015 08:18 AM
utrocks84 Offline
Special Teams

04-05-2015 10:04 AM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

(04-05-2015 10:04 AM)utrocks84 Wrote:  http://www.prephoopsohio.com/news_articl...ew-heights
I for one have no reservation with this young man reading the Blade article he felt most wanted here and that is why he he coming. He also talked about being close to home and the Business school.

If Coach K decides not to bank the other scholarship I hope that they use it on a graduated senior transfer as they an get help next year and then still add 2 players in 2016.
04-05-2015 10:25 AM
FrickerRon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
(04-04-2015 10:31 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  I totally disagree with the concept of redshirting guys just to balance the classes. Many of the past redshirts never worked out (Aubrey Williams for one). We just need to put the best guys on the floor. If someone isn't good enough to play, then they should not be on the roster (unless of course they are injured). We need guys with the right attitude. The swagger on this year's team did not win games. Hustle and solid defense are much more vital than swagger.

If this in coming freshman can play, let them. They still will have 4 yrs. So, if the next class is small, so what. I like a big bench, this something we have not had in yrs. If they can play, bring everyone of them in.
04-05-2015 01:14 PM
Advertisement

PTLROCK Offline
1st String

I like how this kid moves. He always knows where the basket is, and he is a threat from everywhere. He will provide much needed bulk. He is good inside with both hands. Nice pick-up.
04-05-2015 11:19 PM
utrocks84 Offline
Special Teams

Knapke is the one to redshirt if anyone. This guy needs weight and strength. Adway and Anderson I look to to provide some quality minutes. White and Sanford have to provide quality minutes or the backcourt will be thin. I like the length added in this class and with Rogers as someone to challenge for point guard minutes with Sanford if this class has the impact it can in two years we could be in for a wild ride.
04-06-2015 08:18 AM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

ESPN rated the top 100 2015 Ohio players. Knapke is #12. Anderson is #13. Guys above them are going to schools like Kansas, Duke, Ohio State, Michigan State, Butler, Northwestern, Iowa, West Virginia. Player #16 is going to Wisconsin.
04-06-2015 09:49 AM
utrocks84 Offline
Special Teams

(04-06-2015 09:49 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  ESPN rated the top 100 2015 Ohio players. Knapke is #12. Anderson is #13. Guys above them are going to schools like Kansas, Duke, Ohio State, Michigan State, Butler, Northwestern, Iowa, West Virginia. Player #16 is going to Wisconsin.

Nick Rogers is #13 on ESPN Indiana top 20 for 2015.
04-06-2015 11:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.