ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ill. State Revenge Game
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
Ill. State Revenge Game
I think Ill. State will be favored by 6 in the game. We have a hard time with teams that are defensively tough and take the ball down hill at you and get to the free throw line a lot. We can expect a switching zone for most of the game and token pressure. The big question is do we have enough offense to generate 65 points against the RedTerds ?
03-19-2015 07:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
RE: Ill. State Revenge Game
(03-19-2015 07:06 AM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  I think Ill. State will be favored by 6 in the game. We have a hard time with teams that are defensively tough and take the ball down hill at you and get to the free throw line a lot. We can expect a switching zone for most of the game and token pressure. The big question is do we have enough offense to generate 65 points against the RedTerds ?

If Freeman's pull up mid-range shot is falling AND someone else steps up, we do. If he is throwing bricks like last night, I expect a 15+ point loss.
03-19-2015 08:10 AM
djnva Offline
All American

Illinois St. favored by 6 on the road against a team with a long home winning streak?

Using Sagarin ratings, the game is a pick 'em on a neutral court, so ODU should be around a 2.5 to 3 point favorite.
03-19-2015 08:14 AM
FTW ODU Offline
1st String

If we keep shooing dumb 3s like last night we'll be in trouble.
03-19-2015 08:14 AM
monarchman Offline
1st String

Well be fine. Just disappointed this game isn't on a weekend.
03-19-2015 08:17 AM
ODUBB35 Offline
Heisman

We will need to shut down their offense better than they shut down ours. That 1-3-1 zone will be tough with only 30 seconds. Fortunately, JJ and staff will have more time to prepare for it this time around.
03-19-2015 08:19 AM
Advertisement

ODUR8R Offline
All American

Put the top of the 1-3-1 into a ball screen, flash Douglas or Ross into the high post to draw Reggie Lynch and then pass opposite to the short corner for an eight foot jump shot then crash the weakside glass.

Game Over
03-19-2015 08:23 AM
DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

The game vs Green Bay they got to the line way TOO much, we need to keep them out of the lane and drawing fouls. We'll be much better prepared for the Red Birds. I wished it was a Sat nite game, the Ted would be rocking.
03-19-2015 08:27 AM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

Really bumed about Monday night game plus start time of 8:00pm.Although this way we're not competing with Big Dance ESPNU instead of a major ESPN channel. At least with it being a week night game there may be more viewers.
Just a thought, would it make any sense to put Denzell at the top of the key on Defense? Like the way Bazemore used to? We need some size to stop initial penetration. Obviouslywe'd give up some rebounding, but might cut down on penetration fouls.
03-19-2015 08:35 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

There is no way in hell Illinois State would be favored by 6 at the Ted. Pk would surprise me. I think we will be favored by 3-4 at a min.
03-19-2015 08:36 AM
jumpshooter Offline
1st String

Have a hard time seeing how a team that beat us by 19 on neutral court will be 6-point dogs a few months later just because it's an away game for them. They gave us a good shellacking, and they ain't gotten any worse.

I hope to be wrong
03-19-2015 08:50 AM
Advertisement

odufansam Offline
1st String

There is a type of team that we don't match up well with. Long, athletic and physical. Illinois State fits that description (along with MT, UTEP, etc.). I don't love this matchup, but I would love to see ODU get some revenge.
03-19-2015 08:51 AM
ODUAlumni2015 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ODU, Penn State
(03-19-2015 08:36 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  There is no way in hell Illinois State would be favored by 6 at the Ted. Pk would surprise me. I think we will be favored by 3-4 at a min.

Well, we didn't look like we were favored by 13 lastnight either...
03-19-2015 09:01 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

One side of the bet has to win. We were favored by 13 and won by 9.....Im not sure what your point is on that.

Here are some notable home games for us:

Favored by 2.5 vs. Richmond
Favored by 4 on neutral vs. Illinois State
5.5 dog vs. VCU
Favored by 3.5 vs. Ga State
Favored by 8 vs. William and Mary
Favored by 2.5 vs. Louisiana Tech
03-19-2015 09:07 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I'm going to have to figure out a way to break it to my son that I am going to this game, but he isn't.
03-19-2015 09:07 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-19-2015 08:50 AM)jumpshooter Wrote:  Have a hard time seeing how a team that beat us by 19 on neutral court will be 6-point dogs a few months later just because it's an away game for them. They gave us a good shellacking, and they ain't gotten any worse.

I hope to be wrong

We were a 4 point favorite on a neutral court vs. them early in the year. All things equal, we would be ~7 point favorite at home vs. them. They did beat us and both teams played fairly well down the stretch.

Bookmakers don't make drastic changes to their lines based on 1 game. They aren't going to swing the line 10 points. Both teams are roughly similar in ratings. You have a home team that has won 20+ in a row at home, they aren't going to be underdogs.
03-19-2015 09:10 AM
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

We will be favored, but we need to hit our shots to win. That is unfortunately the only formula. They have played everyone tough this year except one blowout loss to Northern Iowa in the regular season (and UNI came back a long way to win the MVC). If Trey gets doubled, our other guards will have to step up because it isn't going to be there for Ross and Arledge. We will have to have a WKU/La Tech performance here.
03-19-2015 09:29 AM
bit_9 Offline

(03-19-2015 09:07 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  I'm going to have to figure out a way to break it to my son that I am going to this game, but he isn't.

Same. 7pm I could do but he was cranky as hell by the 3 min mark last night as it was 30 min passed bed time. I bribed him with pop corn so he didn't go into full melt down mode. Yay, toddlers. Fun until they don't want to be. Bi polar little buggers.
03-19-2015 09:29 AM
djnva Offline
All American

(03-19-2015 09:01 AM)ODUAlumni2015 Wrote:  Well, we didn't look like we were favored by 13 lastnight either...

We won by 9. Yeah, we didn't cover, but Temple only won by 6, and another #1 seed lost.

Generally #1 seeds are going to be a little bummed they aren't dancing. It took them a half to get settled and then won the second half by 15 points.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2015 09:31 AM by djnva.)
03-19-2015 09:30 AM
Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

Where is that Temple guy?
03-19-2015 09:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.