http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-...v-ratings/
01-11-2015 10:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: MAC Bowl Game Ratings
No big surprises except the MACC seemed like a lackluster matchup and drew a lackluster sized audience.
01-11-2015 12:28 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
The whole keep the game on Friday so we don't have to compete against championship games on Saturday doesnt work well in this case for the MACC. We should move the game to Saturday to see what kind of attendance this game could draw.
01-11-2015 01:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chuckwalker Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Both the Potato and GoDaddy Bowls did their lowest ratings in years. The MACC was much lower.

I think the Potato Bowl date makes sense- but as mentioned above it might make sense to the move the MACC to Saturday (especially with Toledo or WMU having a chance to make it from the west next year) and I would move the GoDaddy back before New Years if they can find a date. The game was really good- but the timing just didn't make as much sense this year to me based on the new bowl schedule.
01-11-2015 06:19 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
Do you all think that you would have a better crowd for a Saturday game because ppl can travel on Friday? Of course I realize that you are subject to where almighty ESPN relegates you... But does the Mac have any leverage if they want to change the day?
01-11-2015 06:31 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
Re: RE: MAC Bowl Game Ratings
(01-11-2015 06:31 PM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  Do you all think that you would have a better crowd for a Saturday game because ppl can travel on Friday? Of course I realize that you are subject to where almighty ESPN relegates you... But does the Mac have any leverage if they want to change the day?

Definitely would have a better crowd. Fans of anyone but Toledo, bg, EMU would need to take some time off on Friday to make it to the game. If it were Saturday, it'd be waaaay easier for fans to make it. No vacation time required.
01-11-2015 06:34 PM
Advertisement

T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
(01-11-2015 06:31 PM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  Do you all think that you would have a better crowd for a Saturday game because ppl can travel on Friday? Of course I realize that you are subject to where almighty ESPN relegates you... But does the Mac have any leverage if they want to change the day?

If it was Saturday I would have for sure been at the game with Sunday to travel home.
01-11-2015 06:45 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(01-11-2015 06:34 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

Definitely would have a better crowd. Fans of anyone but Toledo, bg, EMU would need to take some time off on Friday to make it to the game. If it were Saturday, it'd be waaaay easier for fans to make it. No vacation time required.

It would be tough for EMU as well. Two of their five fans work Saturday and one lives in Hawaii. I checked. (Oh, c'mon, you knew someone was gonna say it!). 03-wink
01-11-2015 06:56 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

But does the Mac have any leverage to a) change the day, and b) to a decent time slot?
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2015 06:58 PM by THUNDERStruck73.)
01-11-2015 06:57 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

(01-11-2015 06:56 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(01-11-2015 06:34 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

It would be tough for EMU as well. Two of their five fans work Saturday and one lives in Hawaii. I checked. (Oh, c'mon, you knew someone was gonna say it!). 03-wink
I wouldn't think it'd be tough for WMU fans.. They are used to the snow,..but if there's a thaw and a lot of excess water and flash flooding, they could row the boat to the MACC
01-11-2015 07:01 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

Wait...are we talking MACC, or Go Daddy?
01-11-2015 07:21 PM
Advertisement

NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
(01-11-2015 12:28 PM)emu steve Wrote:  No big surprises except the MACC seemed like a lackluster matchup and drew a lackluster sized audience.

Lackluster matchup?

This from the guy from the school not putting up FCS level attendance or performance...
01-11-2015 08:19 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

(01-11-2015 08:19 PM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  
(01-11-2015 12:28 PM)emu steve Wrote:  No big surprises except the MACC seemed like a lackluster matchup and drew a lackluster sized audience.

Lackluster matchup?

This from the guy from the school not putting up FCS level attendance or performance...

What's there to argue about? It was lackluster. 10-2 NIU vs. 7-5 bgSUCKS, with bg on a 2 game losing streak. What's so enticing about that matchup?
01-11-2015 08:46 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
It's kind of obvious--neither school had as many fans there, the TV audience was down, and neither fan base nor the other conference fans were as excited about the game as they were the year before. I'd like to see someone make the case that this wasn't a letdown of a matchup, and, ultimately, a game. Where was the buzz? It was a bit of dud. It happens.
01-11-2015 08:55 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(01-11-2015 08:46 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

Lackluster matchup?

What's there to argue about? It was lackluster. 10-2 NIU vs. 7-5 bgSUCKS, with bg on a 2 game losing streak. What's so enticing about that matchup?

^ this.
01-11-2015 11:54 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(01-11-2015 08:46 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

Lackluster matchup?

An EMU/BG game in November wouldn't have been 'lackluster'; it would have been 'no luster.' 03-lmfao

Sorry, BG folks, but this year's BG team wasn't one of your better ones... (but honestly you knew that anyway, right? Congrats on the bowl victory. We ALL celebrated that).
01-12-2015 08:29 AM
Advertisement

sarasotahuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators
(01-11-2015 08:55 PM)axeme Wrote:  It's kind of obvious--neither school had as many fans there, the TV audience was down, and neither fan base nor the other conference fans were as excited about the game as they were the year before. I'd like to see someone make the case that this wasn't a letdown of a matchup, and, ultimately, a game. Where was the buzz? It was a bit of dud. It happens.
That is an understatement, same two teams:

Viewership
2013 1,870,000
2014 692,000
01-12-2015 01:06 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Anyone find a ranking of how entertaining the games were? 38 to 1?
01-12-2015 01:38 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(01-11-2015 01:05 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  The whole keep the game on Friday so we don't have to compete against championship games on Saturday doesnt work well in this case for the MACC. We should move the game to Saturday to see what kind of attendance this game could draw.

What "we" should do and what "we" will do are most likely two entirely different things. "We" will play the game on the day and during the time-frame ESPN tells us to.

You see, when you prostitute yourself (the way college football has for TV $$$$), you have to lay the way the customer wants you to lay.
01-12-2015 05:13 PM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
(01-12-2015 01:06 PM)sarasotahuskie Wrote:  
(01-11-2015 08:55 PM)axeme Wrote:  It's kind of obvious--neither school had as many fans there, the TV audience was down, and neither fan base nor the other conference fans were as excited about the game as they were the year before. I'd like to see someone make the case that this wasn't a letdown of a matchup, and, ultimately, a game. Where was the buzz? It was a bit of dud. It happens.
That is an understatement, same two teams:

Viewership
2013 1,870,000
2014 692,000

Also need to look at the score though. NIU (unranked) basically dominated that game, so people flipped the channel instead of watching it through. Last year, it was a huge upset that people wanted to watch to see if ranked NIU would get the BCS nod or bust. The year before that was 2 ranked teams.
01-12-2015 05:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.