Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Are you now happy with Cutt?
Bookmark and Share
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I think he's doomed but time will tell. I hope to heck he can hang onto Dreisbach!
12-04-2003 10:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rebelnut Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Never have liked how conservative Cut is.I started dislikeing his choices 2 years ago in the Arkansas game.It was tied up with 2 minutes left,Ole Miss had the ball with Eli at QB and Cut decides to run the clock out and play for OT instead of letting Eli march them down the feild for the winning score. Well we all know what happen after 7 OT's Arkansas came out with the win and the season slid down hill from there. He is much to conservative for me.
12-04-2003 11:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

rebelnut Wrote:Never have liked how conservative Cut is.I started dislikeing his choices 2 years ago in the Arkansas game.It was tied up with 2 minutes left,Ole Miss had the ball with Eli at QB and Cut decides to run the clock out and play for OT instead of letting Eli march them down the feild for the winning score. Well we all know what happen after 7 OT's Arkansas came out with the win and the season slid down hill from there. He is much to conservative for me.
I agree. It simply baffles me why any coach would WANT to go to overtime under those circumstances.

He seemed to finally come around this season and better use his tools. He let Eli be Eli.

I'm afraid he'll go back into his shell now.
12-04-2003 11:37 AM
Quote this message in a reply
KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

As typical with the leftists, JBR gave us some skewed choices. I picked the top choice because I disagreed with all the other choices provided.

Anyway, I commend Klutzkliffe for turning it around this season. I think we'll go back to UM mediocrity next year, you know 4-4 in SEC play. Also, we've got tough road games next season. Don't we play at Boise State next year, you know the team with the blue field?

I wish there was a choice that said Klutzkliffe stepped up his coaching in response to the challenge from fans and players who were displeased with our mediocrity. I really believe Klutzkliffe got sick of all the criticism and really went after it this season. And, having Eli surely helped. Klutz's performance as a coach, however, should be commended because he came through when folks were giving up on him and the team. Some coaches would have remained stubborn but Klutz didn't. He actually wanted to change his ways so the team would win.

What this says is, we can't let up on him. We need to remain critical so he'll continue to step up.

P.S. I have heard, though, that Klutzkliffe is set to retire after the Cotton Bowl. Just rumor, but sometimes rumors are true.
12-04-2003 12:01 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Retire? From Ole Miss, maybe.

Maybe the rumor about him going back to UT as an assistant is true. I think there may be merit to it. My sources appear to have heard it from reliable sources.
12-04-2003 01:50 PM
Wryword Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I am extremely impressed at how the team turned what looked to be a disaster of a season into one of the best in 40 years. So, I say that Klutzcliffe earned a longer stay. All I have ever asked for is that the team play to its potential. Now that it is, I have no trouble with the man.

But (always a but, right?) the team is going to be decimated by graduation or expiration of eligibility this year. We will not have Eli next year either. Next year is a rebuilding year, and I think we would be very, very fortunate just to have a winning season. So the question is, can Klutz survive that kind of change in success. From a 9-3, Cotton Bowl year to a 6-5 (if we play eleven next year, I'm not sure), and perhaps no invite anywhere. Next year will be a real test for the man, if he stays.
12-05-2003 07:50 PM
Advertisement

joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I don't think his stomach can survive a sub-7 win season.

Maybe we can hire a quality black coach after Cutt retires. :eek:
12-05-2003 09:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NewspaperRebel Offline
Former Righter

I Root For: Ole Miss

I think we need to hire a Liberterian Anarchist Bolshevik Coach after Cutcliffe leaves. Then if we have a sub 7 win season, he or she can blame it on Capitalism! 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol
12-05-2003 09:21 PM
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Does such a creature exist? I hardly know ANY football players--much less coaches--who are left of center.

Still submerged in irrational jingoism predicated on false consciousness, I'm afraid. 03-wink
12-05-2003 09:39 PM
Wryword Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

It wouldn't be a bad idea to hire a black coach, provided that he doesn't turn out to be the trouble that now besets Notre Dame. The downside is that if he doesn't produce, it is a lot harder to fire him. So, I think the better thing to do is hire quality, regardless of the color the quality comes in.
12-05-2003 11:50 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Wryword Wrote:It wouldn't be a bad idea to hire a black coach, provided that he doesn't turn out to be the trouble that now besets Notre Dame. The downside is that if he doesn't produce, it is a lot harder to fire him. So, I think the better thing to do is hire quality, regardless of the color the quality comes in.
I agree with what you're saying, Wry, but in Ty Willingham's case I think it's only fair that we give him a couple more years, at least. Bob Davie left the ND program depleted of any real talent, so Ty has been having to deal with his pathetic recruits. I think next year or even the next, once we see Ty's recruiting products, that ND will be back at the top of their game again. Willingham really wasn't dealt a fair hand when hired in South Bend. Not that he was hired, but what he had to work with once he got there.
12-06-2003 12:12 AM
Advertisement

Reb_Bill Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

We play at Wyoming next year... I already made reservations in Laramie!!!!!
12-06-2003 01:18 PM
KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Does Wyoming have a blue field?
12-06-2003 01:36 PM
NewspaperRebel Offline
Former Righter

War Memorial Stadium:

[Image: warmemorial3.jpg]
12-06-2003 01:39 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

You're thinking of Boise St, Dio.
[Image: orangeout_web.jpg]
12-06-2003 02:15 PM
Wryword2 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

A blue field. Clearly they are Communists
12-06-2003 11:13 PM
Advertisement

NewspaperRebel Offline
Former Righter

They would have to be Wry, and to think, I was almost born in the Communist State of Boise! :eek:
12-06-2003 11:58 PM
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Wryword2 Wrote:A blue field. Clearly they are Communists
Wouldn't they need a *red* field in order to be commie pinkos? 03-wink

Blue just make's 'em tacky!
12-08-2003 10:38 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Watching a game on that blue field gives me the same feeling as watching a CFL or arena game. Just feels like some kind of perverted version of football, and I don't like it.

If Cut goes downhill, I say clean house and hire the posters from this board to replace the staff!
12-08-2003 04:02 PM
USMC Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Folding@NCAAbbsCrappies

if that were the case, I want to be DC. what positions would you fellas desire to fill?
12-08-2003 04:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.