UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bartow concessions, atmosphere, etc...
Pavy78 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
Bartow concessions, atmosphere, etc...
So, 3 games into the schedule, any thoughts on the concessions? I know there have been some changes, but so far I don't like what I see. The one located next to my section (109) was EXTREMELY slow last night with only 2 workers at halftime. The line was unreal. There are only foam cups, the prices seem to be higher, the popcorn bags are smaller, and the hotdogs are, well, hotdogs.
Additionally, I loved the intro video last year that pumped the crowd. This year's seems cool, but its more of a highlight/memorial video, not a "we're about to beat the crap out of you" video.
The song selection seems a little drab (though "Hit the Road Jack" was perfect last night!).

At least we're not suffering through student games during timeouts like before!

Just my opinion and thoughts. I don't intend to be a downer, as I love the Blazers and I'm appreciative of what we have. 07-coffee3
11-12-2013 04:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Bartow concessions, atmosphere, etc...
I usually eat before the game.
11-12-2013 04:26 PM
DragonClaw Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB Blazers
I liked the new videos. My daughter and I both remarked that whoever puts them together does a great job. No complaints with those. Kudos.

...however, I sadly must agree with the concessions. Smaller portions and higher prices will not make any customers happy. The 3.00 drink we bought was gone in three swallows. Please bring back the bucket of popcorn and the souvenir cups. Take the time to actually fill the drink up, before slapping a lid on it. Not at all happy with the concessions. We felt ripped off.

Other than that, last night was a fun time and a good experience.

Go Blazers!
11-12-2013 04:28 PM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
Still no credit cards being taken from what I can tell. Travesty.

Hot dogs were good, but lines were slow and prices have increased but not the portions (to help support new floor?).

Some new collector's cups would be nice.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 04:30 PM by demiveeman.)
11-12-2013 04:29 PM
freeblazer Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(11-12-2013 04:23 PM)Pavy78 Wrote:  So, 3 games into the schedule, any thoughts on the concessions? I know there have been some changes, but so far I don't like what I see. The one located next to my section (109) was EXTREMELY slow last night with only 2 workers at halftime. The line was unreal. There are only foam cups, the prices seem to be higher, the popcorn bags are smaller, and the hotdogs are, well, hotdogs.
Additionally, I loved the intro video last year that pumped the crowd. This year's seems cool, but its more of a highlight/memorial video, not a "we're about to beat the crap out of you" video.
The song selection seems a little drab (though "Hit the Road Jack" was perfect last night!).

At least we're not suffering through student games during timeouts like before!

Just my opinion and thoughts. I don't intend to be a downer, as I love the Blazers and I'm appreciative of what we have. 07-coffee3

At the Columbus State game, one of the (THREE!) employees in that concession stand was wearing a UAT sweatshirt. I've been meaning to complain about that since Friday. I'm assuming they're understaffed because it's early and they didn't expect huge crowds, but that sh!t cannot stand.
11-12-2013 04:30 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

Not a big fan of the new intro video. Since I always get the same things, peanuts and water, before the game starts with no line, I haven't really noticed anything firsthand but I do recalll thinking they were gonna be slower than before.
11-12-2013 04:32 PM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(11-12-2013 04:30 PM)freeblazer Wrote:  one of the (THREE!) employees in that concession stand was wearing a UAT sweatshirt.

Before you bust his chops, remember which side of the counter he's on. 03-wink
11-12-2013 04:35 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
So I guess it's ok for someone to wear a AU or UAB in Bryant Denny? I'd imagine they won't be wearing it for long if they're allowed to stay at all. If they wanted to wear a sweatshirt make it no name general or make them wear the same green Tshirt (can be given as freebies to workers) or some kind of green uniform outfit.
11-12-2013 05:24 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
The concessions are worse than what most high school teams offer. It's embarrassing not to take credit cards.
Intro music is low key and too soft, doesnt fire up the crowd at all.

I had to show my ticket to 4 different seat nazis, one of whom refused to let me pass until I put the two drinks I was holding on the ground and fished my ticket out of my pocket.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 05:32 PM by BlazerMatt.)
11-12-2013 05:29 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(11-12-2013 05:29 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  The concessions are worse than what most high school teams offer. It's embarrassing not to take credit cards.
Intro music is low key and to soft, doesnt fire up the crowd at all.

I had to show my ticket to 4 different seat nazis, one of whom refused to let me pass until I put the two drinks I was holding on the ground and fished my ticket out of my pocket.

Did you ask "Are you new here ?" Or did you move seats ?

Because I thought everybody knows where BlazerMatt sits.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 05:32 PM by BlazerPhil.)
11-12-2013 05:32 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

Ridiculous, but typical of what I'd expect out of UAB these days. No one seems to really give a damn.
11-12-2013 05:33 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Had to wait until late afternoon of the next day before I could hear all the bitching about the concessions, ushers and everything else.

We need a quicker turnaround time people if we are going to get all the bitching done before the next game. Step it up.
11-12-2013 05:38 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

I have to agree about the new intro video. Doesn't really fire me up.
11-12-2013 05:43 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(11-12-2013 05:32 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 05:29 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  The concessions are worse than what most high school teams offer. It's embarrassing not to take credit cards.

The one that made me put my drinks down said it was her first game, she was actually very polite, but I had already been stopped twice at that point and the game hadn't even tipped off yet, so I was getting a bit impatient. I told her that the arena was going to be half full, that she should think of her job as helping people find their seats, not keeping people from getting to them.
11-12-2013 05:54 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
The thing about credit cards never really bothered me before this year because if I didn't have cash on me I could just run across the street to the Hill center and get cash before the game. I'm not even sure where the nearest ATM is now that it's been torn down.
11-12-2013 05:56 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-12-2013 05:56 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  The thing about credit cards never really bothered me before this year because if I didn't have cash on me I could just run across the street to the Hill center and get cash before the game. I'm not even sure where the nearest ATM is now that it's been torn down.

Probably Regions Bank on the corner of 19th and University, unless the Kangaroo has one inside. The ATM outside the Kangaroo is gone.
11-12-2013 06:29 PM
Advertisement

Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
(11-12-2013 04:26 PM)Smaug Wrote:  I usually eat before the game.

After my last 2 runs at their concession stands , so do I. Customer service appears to have taken a back seat to inconvenience now.
11-12-2013 06:33 PM
Dracarys Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-12-2013 06:29 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 05:56 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  The thing about credit cards never really bothered me before this year because if I didn't have cash on me I could just run across the street to the Hill center and get cash before the game. I'm not even sure where the nearest ATM is now that it's been torn down.

Probably Regions Bank on the corner of 19th and University, unless the Kangaroo has one inside. The ATM outside the Kangaroo is gone.

There is also a Wells Fargo on the corner of 4th ave and 18th st.
11-12-2013 07:00 PM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(11-12-2013 05:54 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 05:32 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  

The one that made me put my drinks down said it was her first game, she was actually very polite, but I had already been stopped twice at that point and the game hadn't even tipped off yet, so I was getting a bit impatient. I told her that the arena was going to be half full, that she should think of her job as helping people find their seats, not keeping people from getting to them.

Ticket nazi's have been pretty brutal so far this season... My guess is that they are all in practice mode for North Carolina and things will ease up after that.
11-12-2013 08:23 PM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(11-12-2013 05:38 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Had to wait until late afternoon of the next day before I could hear all the bitching about the concessions, ushers and everything else.

We need a quicker turnaround time people if we are going to get all the bitching done before the next game. Step it up.

Had to wait until the 2nd page before you complained about the complaining in the thread...come on, you've got to step your game up.
11-12-2013 08:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.