Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Two reasons for the loss.
Bookmark and Share
mewes Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
The first was switching to a prevent defense on UCF's last drive. Why do that our defense was outstanding and you give first downs away. Second why call a half back pass. UCF's[/b] defense was gassed. Why just why. Coaching lost that game.
10-05-2013 07:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gotigersgo111111 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Two reasons for the loss.
(10-05-2013 07:19 PM)mewes Wrote:  The first was switching to a prevent defense on UCF's last drive. Why do that our defense was outstanding and you give first downs away. Second why call a half back pass. UCF's[/b] defense was gassed. Why just why. Coaching lost that game.

I have to disagree, If bad calls were good calls we wouldnt been in that situation
10-05-2013 07:20 PM
Dwarren Offline
1st String

I Root For: 5 Wins
3-0 turnover stat killed us.
10-05-2013 07:21 PM
realtigerinstl Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers
I don't think you blitz when you're in a prevent defense. We blitzed every 3rd down on that drive.
10-05-2013 07:22 PM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-05-2013 07:21 PM)Dwarren Wrote:  3-0 turnover stat killed us.

Yep. Especially when 2 of them should have been TD receptions in the end zone.
JTS Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-05-2013 07:21 PM)Dwarren Wrote:  3-0 turnover stat killed us.

Make that 4 turnovers
Advertisement

Chi-Town Offline
Perpetually Optimistic

(10-05-2013 07:19 PM)mewes Wrote:  The first was switching to a prevent defense on UCF's last drive. Why do that our defense was outstanding and you give first downs away. Second why call a half back pass. UCF's[/b] defense was gassed. Why just why. Coaching lost that game.

The receiver was wide OPEN on that last play. You have to make the throw, and I am pretty sure there were no coaches involved in the execution of that play. Receiver throws it half a second sooner or half a yard further, Coaches are geniuses.
10-05-2013 07:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tigerbythetail Offline
Special Teams

You left out the primary reason, horrendous officiating. Coaching didn't lose this game, they called a great game. The team made their share of mistakes, and we didn't do ourselves any favors with little margin for error. Blaming the coaches is bogus.
10-05-2013 07:27 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

There's about 5 reasons for the loss, excluding the refs.

A "prevent" defense was not one of them, since we did not utilize a prevent defense.

The "poor coaching" was not either. The last play call wasn't the issue, it was that the play was well covered, and poorly executed after that. If the secondary bites on the run, that play is wide open. They didn't bite. The next option on that play was not to throw an interception. The execution was bad, not the play calling. Those weird play calls were the reason we went up early in the game, and we in position to win the game until the refs took over.
10-05-2013 07:30 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

We didn't go prevent, we were blitzing. Did you miss the pick that we dropped. That would have ended the game. It was uncontested. No excuse. Not ragging on him. But that is a play we have to make to beat good teams. I watched the UGA/TN game while watching the Tiger game on ESPN3.com, UGA lost 5 playmakers and were playing freshman. But they didn't drop the game tying TD in the last 15 secs. That is what good teams do. If we can keep the coach and his staff, we will get pretty good.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 08:12 PM by midtowncowboy.)
10-05-2013 07:31 PM
Chi-Town Offline
Perpetually Optimistic

(10-05-2013 07:31 PM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  

We didn't go prevent, we were blitzing. Did you miss the pick that Bobby McClain dropped. That would have ended the game. It was uncontested. No excuse.

McCain was on the sideline since the first half, that was Ballintine with the drop.
10-05-2013 07:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(10-05-2013 07:30 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  There's about 5 reasons for the loss, excluding the refs.

A "prevent" defense was not one of them, since we did not utilize a prevent defense.

The "poor coaching" was not either. The last play call wasn't the issue, it was that the play was well covered, and poorly executed after that. If the secondary bites on the run, that play is wide open. They didn't bite. The next option on that play was not to throw an interception. The execution was bad, not the play calling. Those weird play calls were the reason we went up early in the game, and we in position to win the game until the refs took over.

Agreed. There was no prevent. We were blitzing. Almost too much for me. But that is just me.
10-05-2013 07:34 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(10-05-2013 07:33 PM)Chi-Town Wrote:  

We didn't go prevent, we were blitzing. Did you miss the pick that Bobby McClain dropped. That would have ended the game. It was uncontested. No excuse.

McCain was on the sideline since the first half, that was Ballintine with the drop.

Apologies. The announcer said McCain. But the drop was the game.
10-05-2013 07:35 PM
mewes Offline
1st String

(10-05-2013 07:26 PM)Chi-Town Wrote:  

The receiver was wide OPEN on that last play. You have to make the throw, and I am pretty sure there were no coaches involved in the execution of that play. Receiver throws it half a second sooner or half a yard further, Coaches are geniuses.

But you just proved my point why is your running back throwing the ball instead of your QB in that crucial situation.
MemphisMojo Offline
All American

I Root For: Democrats

We didn't go prevent, we were blitzing. Did you miss the pick that Bobby McClain dropped. That would have ended the game. It was uncontested. No excuse. Not ragging on him. But that is a play we have to make to beat good teams. I watched the UGA/TN game while watching the Tiger game on ESPN3.com, UGA lost 5 playmakers and were playing freshman. But they didn't drop the game tying TD in the last 15 secs. That is what good teams do. If we can keep the coach and his staff, we will get pretty good.

Was probably tough for him since he was on crutches on the sideline.
lenetzach Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: the Tigers
Definitely not prevent defense.
10-05-2013 07:37 PM
Advertisement

Jedi Master Sipho-Dyas Offline
Knower of all known knowings

I Root For: Master Yoda
We only gave up 17 points before the fumble TD.

That's pretty good D.
10-05-2013 07:39 PM
gotigersgo111111 Offline
Special Teams

Actually the real two reasons we lost is because 1.NO BLACK JERSEYS?!?!?
2. TC STUPID THREADS
10-05-2013 07:52 PM
Mempho Brendo Offline
Special Teams

Just wondering why Craft didn't get the call since he was a QB at times in high school. The receiver was absolutely wide open.
10-05-2013 07:54 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(10-05-2013 07:26 PM)Chi-Town Wrote:  

Don't see how he was wide open when 3 guys were on him. The play just didn't work.
10-05-2013 07:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.