Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Michigan @ UConn
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
Michigan @ UConn
Line opened at 18.5...which is never a good sign. This is going to be ugly.

In late 2010 I remember traveling to the Big House excited about this
program and the oppurtunity of potentially upsetting one the most storied programs in the nation. Now, I just hope we don't lose by 20+ at home. What PP has done, coupled with Conference Realignment, to a program that was starting to be nationally recognized as an up and coming school is devestating as a fan. I'll be there again as early as Airport Club will let me park grilling and chatting FB, but the Saturday that was envisioned to be one of the highlights of UConn's D1A History has the realistic possibility to turn into the nationally (regionally, hopefully) broadcasted lowpoint of the program

There are rumors rumbling that PP will be fired after this game, but I still find it unlikely. (I suspect it would be after the Buffalo game going into the bye week IF it happens). The new AD has proven himself incapable of making a hard decision as evidenced by not firing PP in the offseason and holding off signing KO to a long term deal until atleast 3 recruits were swayed away.

Does anyone have any coping mechanisms they can suggest? Currently I have a cold cooler and the hope for a new coach next year, but suggestions are welcome. Saturday is going to be rough.
09-16-2013 03:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
RE: Michigan @ UConn
Don't blame conf realignment for uconn sucking. Wondered when this excuse would show up. Lol
09-16-2013 03:24 PM
HartfordHusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCONN
(09-16-2013 03:24 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Don't blame conf realignment for uconn sucking. Wondered when this excuse would show up. Lol

It may not be the reason we suck but certainly will not make it any easier to return to a positive trajectory.

Even hanging in there with Michigan will be unlikely come Saturday. Hopefully, the guys can come up with enough heart to at least not embarass themselves.
09-16-2013 03:32 PM
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

(09-16-2013 03:24 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Don't blame conf realignment for uconn sucking. Wondered when this excuse would show up. Lol

It's far from an excuse. It has absolutely affected the image and perception of the school; note how I wrote "coupled" and not "and"...PP is the reason UConn has struggled. CR added insult to injury as we watched every rival football team we beat for the past decade move on and adds to the general point that this Saturday will likely be the lowpoint for our program.

I'm almost impressed that is what you got out the post though.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013 03:41 PM by Hank Schrader.)
09-16-2013 03:32 PM
MechaKnight Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF, UAB, Army
Michigan was favored by 35.5 against Akron and it took a last second goal line stand to stop the Zips from coming out of the Big House with a win. Michigan is the most overrated program of the past decade.

UConn can redeem itself and make everyone forget about the first two games by getting another Big Ten pelt for the American to go alongside Purdue and Penn State. I hope your team hasn't given up hope the way your fans have.

Question: would you rather beat Michigan and PP keeps his job, or lose and see him fired?
09-16-2013 03:49 PM
adluther Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
(09-16-2013 03:49 PM)MechaKnight Wrote:  Michigan was favored by 35.5 against Akron and it took a last second goal line stand to stop the Zips from coming out of the Big House with a win. Michigan is the most overrated program of the past decade.

UConn can redeem itself and make everyone forget about the first two games by getting another Big Ten pelt for the American to go alongside Purdue and Penn State. I hope your team hasn't given up hope the way your fans have.

Question: would you rather beat Michigan and PP keeps his job, or lose and see him fired?

Year in and year out, Texas and Michigan are extremely overrated- often times USC included, just b/c of their names and historical performance.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013 03:52 PM by adluther.)
09-16-2013 03:52 PM
Advertisement

HartfordHusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCONN
(09-16-2013 03:49 PM)MechaKnight Wrote:  Michigan was favored by 35.5 against Akron and it took a last second goal line stand to stop the Zips from coming out of the Big House with a win. Michigan is the most overrated program of the past decade.

For me, it’s not an either/or situation. I want UConn to win every game. I want coach P to succeed and show that he can be a good steward for this program. He has not done that to this point. One good win or bad loss doesn’t prove either of those things.

I don't think our players have given up. They didn't give up Saturday. They did some good things but it wasn't enough. We won't go 0-12 though. I'm pretty sure of that.
09-16-2013 03:58 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
Michigan sucks this year. Just stop the season if you lose to them by 20+ at home.
09-16-2013 04:05 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
I predict an upset. The conf is due one
09-16-2013 04:24 PM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
yah uconn should win this game at home. Anything less than a win is unacceptable. I realize you lost to towson but mich was on the ropes against akron who would also likely lose to towson.
09-16-2013 04:30 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
Time for UConn to pull off an upset. I know the confeernce home is not what the Huskies envisioned...but you guys need to earn your way out by dominating the conference.
09-16-2013 04:31 PM
Advertisement

Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

Re: RE: Michigan @ UConn

Always want to win every game. I'll let the AD decide if its enough to keep his job. For me if need more than a great upset Saturday night but that would be a heck of a start.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4
09-16-2013 04:43 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Michigan is going to truck Uconn.
09-16-2013 05:48 PM
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
Michigan is hard to read. The near loss last week against an Akron team that didn't seem like even a good MAC team was surprising. Still, even if they weren't as good as they looked before that, that was clearly way below normal for them given the other two games.
09-16-2013 06:23 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
I feel like my school is going into this game with one arm tied behind its back.
09-16-2013 07:20 PM
Tigersmoke Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis
What kills me is the fact you all have done the least with you bcs silverspoon in your mouths, but u conn fans are the most useless , undeserving of every aac team that has worked their butts off for a chance to get even this far. Your only excuse is you were left behind. Its not our fault your program is a dumpster fire laughing stock that other bcs conference boards make fun of. I read the boneyard for shiits and giggles. I truly cant believe that you all waste so much time blaming the aac for your shiity falling behind program. We just got here with you, and yall were already sinking
09-16-2013 09:37 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Aren't you a charmer...03-lmfao
09-16-2013 09:43 PM
aTxTIGER Online
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(09-16-2013 03:16 PM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  Line opened at 18.5...which is never a good sign. This is going to be ugly.

In late 2010 I remember traveling to the Big House excited about this
program and the oppurtunity of potentially upsetting one the most storied programs in the nation. Now, I just hope we don't lose by 20+ at home. What PP has done, coupled with Conference Realignment, to a program that was starting to be nationally recognized as an up and coming school is devestating as a fan. I'll be there again as early as Airport Club will let me park grilling and chatting FB, but the Saturday that was envisioned to be one of the highlights of UConn's D1A History has the realistic possibility to turn into the nationally (regionally, hopefully) broadcasted lowpoint of the program

There are rumors rumbling that PP will be fired after this game, but I still find it unlikely. (I suspect it would be after the Buffalo game going into the bye week IF it happens). The new AD has proven himself incapable of making a hard decision as evidenced by not firing PP in the offseason and holding off signing KO to a long term deal until atleast 3 recruits were swayed away.

Does anyone have any coping mechanisms they can suggest? Currently I have a cold cooler and the hope for a new coach next year, but suggestions are welcome. Saturday is going to be rough.

I saw you die last night. How's the wifi in heaven?
09-16-2013 09:44 PM
Danger in Carolina Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU & AAC & MWC
UConn always seems to have one head-scratching win and loss a season. Last year they beat Louisville (who finished above them) and lose to Temple (who finished below them). I just don't think it will be a head scratching win against Michigan this year.

What's the contemporary thinking if Coach P is let go? Turner Gill?
09-16-2013 09:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
(09-16-2013 09:37 PM)Tigersmoke Wrote:  What kills me is the fact you all have done the least with you bcs silverspoon in your mouths, but u conn fans are the most useless , undeserving of every aac team that has worked their butts off for a chance to get even this far. Your only excuse is you were left behind. Its not our fault your program is a dumpster fire laughing stock that other bcs conference boards make fun of. I read the boneyard for shiits and giggles. I truly cant believe that you all waste so much time blaming the aac for your shiity falling behind program. We just got here with you, and yall were already sinking

Are you new to college football? You appear to be naïve.

UConn became FBS and then joined the Big East in 2004. While Edsall was coach, we won two Big East championships (not bad for a program just moving up), won several bowls, consistently sold out our stadium (40,000). Now we are burdened with a bad coach who will be gone in December.

I'll take UConn's academics, athletics, campus, and student body over that of Memphis any day. You are an a$$.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013 10:06 PM by UConn-SMU.)
09-16-2013 10:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.