Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Recent news?
Bookmark and Share
fsurookie911 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ETSU FSU UT
Recent news?
Any new news about football or conference affiliation? The waiting is killing me!
02-19-2013 11:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bucfan1968 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
RE: Recent news?
The last time I saw Sander on TV ..he said there would be a lot of big announcements around the time of the final four....
02-19-2013 02:21 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
At the TBR website ................

2/28/13 Finance and Business Committee Meeting

The committee will discuss the following items

Plans for the East Tennessee State University football program,
Athletic fees,

http://www.tbr.edu/
02-22-2013 12:25 PM
GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
66 - I don't think TBR votes on it that day. No worries though, it will go through without a hitch, I've been told.

We are all waiting on the Big East to make their move, and it will trickle down. I don't know how much Dr. Noland will share at the town hall meeting this Thursday, but come to that & find out.
02-22-2013 01:27 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(02-22-2013 01:27 PM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  66 - I don't think TBR votes on it that day. No worries though, it will go through without a hitch, I've been told.

We are all waiting on the Big East to make their move, and it will trickle down. I don't know how much Dr. Noland will share at the town hall meeting this Thursday, but come to that & find out.

With the BE getting their numbers yesterday of a contract, there may be no move for the BE.

ESPN gave them a price of 1.8 million per team. CUSA right now gets 1.72 million. There is absolutely no reason what so ever to move from CUSA to BE for any member.
02-22-2013 10:22 PM
abuc90 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU
Very true. So do some of those CUSA schools in transition change their minds like TCU, Boise and SDSU did?
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2013 11:55 PM by abuc90.)
02-22-2013 11:52 PM
Advertisement

etsubuc Offline
All American

I think that the Big East is going to have alot of trouble going forward recruiting anyone. Everyone just assumes that teams want to be in the Big East because they were a major conference 10 years ago. Frankly, I would rather be in the Conference USA than the Big East now.

I dont think the Big East exists 10 years from now. More teams will leave, there will be less ability to recruit new teams especially since they no longer have an automatic team in the BCS.
02-23-2013 07:12 AM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
(02-22-2013 10:22 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(02-22-2013 01:27 PM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  66 - I don't think TBR votes on it that day. No worries though, it will go through without a hitch, I've been told.

With the BE getting their numbers yesterday of a contract, there may be no move for the BE.

ESPN gave them a price of 1.8 million per team. CUSA right now gets 1.72 million. There is absolutely no reason what so ever to move from CUSA to BE for any member.

Is it safe to say that you had a small chuckle when you saw the final numbers on the Hot Mess Conference TV deal? They'll take two more teams, the Mountain West will react, the shuffle isn't over.
02-23-2013 07:15 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-22-2013 11:52 PM)abuc90 Wrote:  Very true. So do some of those CUSA schools in transition change their minds like TCU, Boise and SDSU did?

Only ECU and Tulane could do that. And I don't see either of their admins admit that they got sold a bait and switch bill of goods. As late of 3 months ago they were told each team would recieve 6-8 million dollars. After the C7 said they were leaving (right after ECU and Tulane were invited) they gave them an est. of 3-4 million.

Houston, SMU, Memphis and UCF have already give their notice to leave the conf July 31, 2012. That made their effective leave date one year after.

(02-23-2013 07:12 AM)etsubuc Wrote:  I think that the Big East is going to have alot of trouble going forward recruiting anyone. Everyone just assumes that teams want to be in the Big East because they were a major conference 10 years ago. Frankly, I would rather be in the Conference USA than the Big East now.

I dont think the Big East exists 10 years from now. More teams will leave, there will be less ability to recruit new teams especially since they no longer have an automatic team in the BCS.

There is not one reason for any school currently in CUSA or coming into CUSA to move to the "Blown Up Big East" or the "BUBE" for short. As a matter of fact the 6 remaining schools of CUSA in UTEP, Rice, UAB, Southen Miss, Marshall and Tulsa will split the exit fees of those leaving and the enterance fees of those coming in. Which equals somewhere between 8.9-9.2 million dollars per school.

In 10 years, I think you are being very generous. I can almost bet that Cincy and UConn have their phones on speed dial to the ACC and even the C7. SMU and Houston I can almost bet they are beating the MWC door down. As far as Memphis, Tulane, ECU, UCF, Temple and USF they could be screwed and left out in the cold.

(02-23-2013 07:15 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  Is it safe to say that you had a small chuckle when you saw the final numbers on the Hot Mess Conference TV deal? They'll take two more teams, the Mountain West will react, the shuffle isn't over.

Not really, was no need to. Ive been saying from the begining what was going to happen. And it did. If anyone thought that the C7, Rutgers and Louisville was going to be a part of the BUBE, then they needed to have their heads checked. Also Cincy and UConn will not stick around to go play at Tulane, where their arena holds 3,000 and SMU where they would play in a 5000 seat area and play infront of maybe 750 people, its just not happening.

Also as I said: "You can't take the same product, put it in a beat up box, put a new name on it and sell it for millions more." The real world just doesn't work like that.
02-23-2013 09:26 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

What I don't get for some of those teams is at this point, why leave where they were? East Carolina in particular is no better off today than they were before all this started and probably are actually losing money.
If they could somehow scam their way into the ACC after Carolina, NC State, Va. Tech, UVA and Ga. Tech all bolt to their various new homes then they may be okay.
It just makes me wonder if all that actually does happen if Florida State/Clemson don't go ahead and approach the Big XII for membership. Either way, the trickle down effect of all of this can benefit us all.
FTR I do not feel sorry for Memphis, not in the least. Way too arrogant in thinking they're more than they are as an overrall program.
02-24-2013 02:22 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-24-2013 02:22 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  What I don't get for some of those teams is at this point, why leave where they were? East Carolina in particular is no better off today than they were before all this started and probably are actually losing money.
If they could somehow scam their way into the ACC after Carolina, NC State, Va. Tech, UVA and Ga. Tech all bolt to their various new homes then they may be okay.
It just makes me wonder if all that actually does happen if Florida State/Clemson don't go ahead and approach the Big XII for membership. Either way, the trickle down effect of all of this can benefit us all.
FTR I do not feel sorry for Memphis, not in the least. Way too arrogant in thinking they're more than they are as an overrall program.

ECU took a football only invite at that. And the BUBE still hasn't issued them a full invite after the C7 announced that they were leaving. So in reality ECU could still be playing in two conferences soon. But where the CAA, SoCon.

If the ACC gets raided, there is only 3 programs I could see left out in the cold. That would be the 3 newest in Pitt, Syacuse and Louisville. Someone would take Wake for their academics alone. I think the ACC does what the Triangle does though. If the Triangle of UNC, Duke and NC State stick together I think the ACC stays together. The ACC is a basketball conferece.

As far as Memphis, I don't feel sorry for them at all. Their football sucks and always has except for the 3 of 4 years that D. Williams was there. They cheated with Cal to get their basketball back on track. And well they don't own 2 of their facilities. Also the city of Memphis is really a dirty city. Except for Beale Street and a couple of touristy places, there isn't anything in Memphis I would want to see.
02-24-2013 02:47 PM
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I thought ECU finally did get a full invite for all sports, have they not yet?
02-24-2013 03:25 PM
etsubuc Offline
All American

I dont see anything negative happening to the ACC- they are a solid conference. The only thing I see maybe happening for them is possibly adding some of the former Big East teams after the Big East implodes.
02-24-2013 03:37 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

The Big Ten is hard after some combination of Duke, UNC, Ga. Tech and Virginia, and may try to get all of them. The SEC has been flirting with NC State/Va. Tech for awhile, though VPI won't do it because they can't hide behind weak scheduling anymore and would be nothing more than a 5-7/7-5 program at best. Alot of what happens next depends on the Maryland lawsuit, and indirectly that court case will have an effect on ETSU and where they end up.
02-24-2013 04:03 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-24-2013 03:25 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  I thought ECU finally did get a full invite for all sports, have they not yet?

Nope they are still football only. They think and probably hope like hell they get an all sports invite, but it hasn't happened yet.

Like I said the ACC most likely goes as the Triangle goes. If they stick together, the ACC will be fine. If some parts of the triangle leaves the whole ACC could implode.

As far as the BUBE goes Cincy and Uconn are most likely as good as gone in someway. If Houston and SMU knock on the MWC door long enough they might open the door. If that happens then you have the orphans of Memphis, ECU, UCF, Tulane, USF and Temple. Thats 6 schools. NCAA By-laws say it takes 8 schools to make a conference.
02-24-2013 04:45 PM
etsubuc Offline
All American

(02-24-2013 04:03 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  The Big Ten is hard after some combination of Duke, UNC, Ga. Tech and Virginia, and may try to get all of them. The SEC has been flirting with NC State/Va. Tech for awhile, though VPI won't do it because they can't hide behind weak scheduling anymore and would be nothing more than a 5-7/7-5 program at best. Alot of what happens next depends on the Maryland lawsuit, and indirectly that court case will have an effect on ETSU and where they end up.

I just dont think any of those mentioned above go to the Big Ten. Maybe ill be wrong, we will see. I also dont know why in the world the SEC would further dilute their conference by adding NC State and Va. Tech. Unless they add Florida State, I dont see why the SEC would ever want to expand any more.
02-24-2013 05:06 PM
Advertisement

etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Purdue,ETSU,G5
(02-24-2013 05:06 PM)etsubuc Wrote:  
(02-24-2013 04:03 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  The Big Ten is hard after some combination of Duke, UNC, Ga. Tech and Virginia, and may try to get all of them. The SEC has been flirting with NC State/Va. Tech for awhile, though VPI won't do it because they can't hide behind weak scheduling anymore and would be nothing more than a 5-7/7-5 program at best. Alot of what happens next depends on the Maryland lawsuit, and indirectly that court case will have an effect on ETSU and where they end up.

I just dont think any of those mentioned above go to the Big Ten. Maybe ill be wrong, we will see. I also dont know why in the world the SEC would further dilute their conference by adding NC State and Va. Tech. Unless they add Florida State, I dont see why the SEC would ever want to expand any more.
Have you heard about TSU rumored stadium? If they build that they will be in the SEC.
02-24-2013 05:08 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I get your sarcasm purdue, I really do but if the info that I'm just regurgitating wasn't already being floated out there I wouldn't say it here. The Big Ten needs southern expansion, and the large research institutions want like minded, academic heavy schools which just happen to coincide with those schools.
And actually TSU did just renovate Hale Stadium somewhat, and there's always whispers of them moving to a HBCU conference.
NC State/Va. Tech add two additional states that the SEC isn't currently located. Both add value financially.
Those leftover six may end up scrambling for a new home.
02-24-2013 05:36 PM
BucNut22 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU, MICH, UC
Met Dr. Noland last Thursday day. He said to expect a big football related announcement next Friday (which would this Friday).

We`ll be playing football by 2016 at the latest IMO.
02-25-2013 04:29 PM
Mister Jennings Offline
1st String

I was hoping and hearing 2015.
02-25-2013 04:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.