Nice win today
02-09-2013 06:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eagles09 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: C-Usa
RE: Congrats Memphis....
Wow that was a good team. Final four potential if they play like they did today.
02-09-2013 06:02 PM
virgosports Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
(02-09-2013 06:01 PM)Beagleagle23 Wrote:  Nice win today

S Miss is a damn good team with a motor that never stops. Best game I saw - conf or non conf - for Memphis.
02-09-2013 06:09 PM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

(02-09-2013 06:09 PM)virgosports Wrote:  

S Miss is a damn good team with a motor that never stops. Best game I saw - conf or non conf - for Memphis.

Yep. Memphis played exceptionally well. Without that, it would have been a loss.
02-09-2013 06:14 PM
southernmiss4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Closest thing to a Calipari-coached Memphis team I've seen play in Hattiesburg since he left.
02-09-2013 06:17 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
USM is for real. 15-20 great players on the court today giving every bit of energy they had. Easy to see why USM wins so many at home. Great crowd, great team, great game by everyone.

We had to play our best game in 2 or more years to win.

Everyone that saw the court on both teams came to play today.
02-09-2013 06:18 PM
Advertisement

daonepro Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(02-09-2013 06:14 PM)cotton1991 Wrote:  
(02-09-2013 06:09 PM)virgosports Wrote:  

Yep. Memphis played exceptionally well. Without that, it would have been a loss.

Yep, we needed every point and defensive stop today.
02-09-2013 06:18 PM
All American

(02-09-2013 06:18 PM)oldtiger Wrote:  USM is for real. 15-20 great players on the court today giving every bit of energy they had. Easy to see why USM wins so many at home. Great crowd, great team, great game by everyone.

When that place is packed it can be a very good home court for the Eagles.
02-09-2013 06:28 PM
MasMack Offline
1st String

While I'm pretty upset with the lose, it's one those games where you have to tip your hat, and say great game, y'all beat us up today. Don't know what we could have done differently to change the outcome.
02-09-2013 06:29 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(02-09-2013 06:28 PM)southernmiss4ever Wrote:  
(02-09-2013 06:18 PM)oldtiger Wrote:  USM is for real. 15-20 great players on the court today giving every bit of energy they had. Easy to see why USM wins so many at home. Great crowd, great team, great game by everyone.

When that place is packed it can be a very good home court for the Eagles.

yea, ive never seen it that raucous before. Well done USM fans.
02-09-2013 06:29 PM
JMSTiger Offline
Just More Stats

DonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
I have been impressed with Southern Miss for a while now and nothing that happened today changed my view. USM played hard and played very well. Memphis just happened to come in there on a mission. I don't think many teams could have beaten the Memphis team that showed up today.

I hope USM wins out the rest of the way (with the exception of the remaining Memphis game, of course).
02-09-2013 07:15 PM
Advertisement

JMSTiger Offline
Just More Stats

DonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
One other thing, I hope USM fans know how good of a coach they have. The guy is the real deal.
02-09-2013 07:16 PM
usm99 Offline
Heisman

Great game Memphis. I kept thinking Memphis has got to start missing some shots but they didn't. Seemed liked everything Memphis shot was good. Good luck the rest of the way sans our game at your place and hopefully the C-USA championship game between us
02-09-2013 07:21 PM
USM Birds of War Offline
Bench Warmer

Man that was some good basketball today. Memphis just did everything right; whenever we adjusted, they answered. Transition, 3's, and they let us know very early in the game that we weren't going to run the press on them.

We played extremely well, but they played better.
02-09-2013 08:03 PM
All American

(02-09-2013 07:16 PM)JMSTiger Wrote:  One other thing, I hope USM fans know how good of a coach they have. The guy is the real deal.

Most fans realize what a steal we got by getting Donnie Tyndall.

I've heard he really likes it here, as do his parents who've moved here from Michigan, and word is he wants to build something at USM, he just has to see the commitment from the administration and community.

We're going to have to find some more money to keep him around, that's for sure.
02-09-2013 08:07 PM
MonsterTigerBlue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers!!!!!
Was a great game ... had me on the edge of my seat until about 2:00 min left...
Southern Miss is for real... GG !!!
02-09-2013 08:23 PM
Advertisement

oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(02-09-2013 08:07 PM)southernmiss4ever Wrote:  
(02-09-2013 07:16 PM)JMSTiger Wrote:  One other thing, I hope USM fans know how good of a coach they have. The guy is the real deal.

I've heard he really likes it here, as do his parents who've moved here from Michigan, and word is he wants to build something at USM, he just has to see the commitment from the administration and community.

We're going to have to find some more money to keep him around, that's for sure.

I hope that the Golden Eagles can keep him. He's really done a great job of building a "team" with a group of players with such a diversity of backgrounds. For those that don't realize it, here's a listing of the background of the team:
Transfer U of Minn,
Transfer Sewerd CC
Transfer Casper CC
Transfer Temple
High School Signee from British Virgin Islands
High School Signee
Transfer South Mountain CC
Transfer Midland CC
High School Signee
Transfer College of Eastern Utah
High School Signee
Transfer Coffeyville CC
Transfer AR State U

That's 3 traditional High School signees, 2 signees from a HS in the Virgin Islands, 6 JC transfers, and 3 transfers from D1 universities. I put that together very quickly, so I may have missed something.

You could probably count the number of quality coaches that could get that diverse group to play as cohesive as you guys do on your fingers and toes. There aren't many that could do that.

Congrats on the successful season thus far and good fortune to you guys the rest of the year (with one, possibly two exceptions). Anyone that watched that game today knows that there are at least 2 NCAA caliber teams in CUSA this year. In my opinion, that was the highest level game that's been played in CUSA in years.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2013 08:33 PM by oldtiger.)
02-09-2013 08:32 PM
usm99 Offline
Heisman

(02-09-2013 08:32 PM)oldtiger Wrote:  
(02-09-2013 08:07 PM)southernmiss4ever Wrote:  

I hope that the Golden Eagles can keep him. He's really done a great job of building a "team" with a group of players with such a diversity of backgrounds. For those that don't realize it, here's a listing of the background of the team:
Transfer U of Minn,
Transfer Sewerd CC
Transfer Casper CC
Transfer Temple
High School Signee
Transfer South Mountain CC
Transfer Midland CC
High School Signee
Transfer College of Eastern Utah
High School Signee
Transfer Coffeyville CC
Transfer AR State U

That's 3 traditional High School signees, 2 signees from a HS in the Virgin Islands, 6 JC transfers, and 3 transfers from D1 universities. I put that together very quickly, so I may have missed something.

You could probably count the number of quality coaches that could get that diverse group to play as cohesive as you guys do on your fingers and toes. There aren't many that could do that.

Congrats on the successful season thus far and good fortune to you guys the rest of the year (with one, possibly two exceptions). Anyone that watched that game today knows that there are at least 2 NCAA caliber teams in CUSA this year. In my opinion, that was the highest level game that's been played in CUSA in years.

The thing that sticks out to me of the job he's done this year is this:

--5 players from last year are back (2 starters even though 1 was our 6th man, 2 reserves, 1 redshirt)
--Only 2 of those 4 logged quality time...other 2 averaged less than 3 points or so a game last year
--OOC D-1 schedule consisted of 3 home games, 8 road games, and 2 neutral site games
--Played 4 sets of 3 consecutive road games but granted 1 set involved 2 neutral sites as part of a tourney (12 total games and went 7-5)

With a year under his belt and hopefully some added revenue coming in we can afford to play a few more home games next year. Also, we only lose 3 seniors but we have 3 D-1 transfers sitting out this year along with a true center (6'9" tall) coming in next year. Assuming we don't lose anyone for unforeseen reasons, next year should be an even better year
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2013 08:58 PM by usm99.)
02-09-2013 08:56 PM
laureleagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I was at the game and I have to say, I haven't seen Memphis rain down 3's like that since Rose came into The Yurt in '08. And that is saying something. Man, every time we got some momentum, someone from Memphis would hit a 3. It was crazy. Your team played a hell of a game. Looking forward to playing you again. Hopefully our guys can rebound and position ourselves to play in the Tourney. Good luck the rest of the way (other than our next 1 or 2 games, of course).
02-09-2013 09:16 PM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

Memphis was very good today. They seemed to never miss a shot from the field or at the free throw stripe. They made the plays whenever we would make a run to slow us down. Gotta hand it to them, they are good when they want to be. Looking forward to the next time at Memphis. Congatulations to the Tigers, a great team today.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2013 09:43 PM by nastybunch.)
02-09-2013 09:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.