Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Troy, ULM, USA and TX St should be calling and emailing their President and AD
Bookmark and Share
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
Troy, ULM, USA and TX St should be calling and emailing their President and AD
At the end of realignment, these four schools will be remaining in the Sun Belt and could potentially inherit a disaster if four schools leave. Further delays only continue to crumble away at the stability and credibility of the conference you will be in. The delay is occurring because of a few schools "hope" that they will be invited to CUSA and therefore feel no sense of urgency. Essentially for Troy, ULM, USA, Tx St there is almost no benefit to waiting. The sooner new teams are brought in, the quicker they can transition, the league can stabilize and the Sun Belt can become competitive within the college landscape.

If I were in your shoes, the President and AD would be getting a phone call and e-mail.
01-20-2013 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Tiguar Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: Troy, ULM, USA and TX St should be calling and emailing their President and AD
go away
01-20-2013 12:36 PM
Ragu Offline
All American

I Root For: FAU/FSU
RE: Troy, ULM, USA and TX St should be calling and emailing their President and AD
Adding now and adding in May do the same damn thing. Just because you are an impatient message board fan doesn't mean the Sun Belt has to do anything. They have 5 months to see how things shake out before adding teams.
01-20-2013 01:08 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(01-20-2013 12:30 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  At the end of realignment, these four schools will be remaining in the Sun Belt and could potentially inherit a disaster if four schools leave. Further delays only continue to crumble away at the stability and credibility of the conference you will be in. The delay is occurring because of a few schools "hope" that they will be invited to CUSA and therefore feel no sense of urgency. Essentially for Troy, ULM, USA, Tx St there is almost no benefit to waiting. The sooner new teams are brought in, the quicker they can transition, the league can stabilize and the Sun Belt can become competitive within the college landscape.

If I were in your shoes, the President and AD would be getting a phone call and e-mail.

Annoying.
01-20-2013 01:09 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

(01-20-2013 01:09 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(01-20-2013 12:30 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  At the end of realignment, these four schools will be remaining in the Sun Belt and could potentially inherit a disaster if four schools leave. Further delays only continue to crumble away at the stability and credibility of the conference you will be in. The delay is occurring because of a few schools "hope" that they will be invited to CUSA and therefore feel no sense of urgency. Essentially for Troy, ULM, USA, Tx St there is almost no benefit to waiting. The sooner new teams are brought in, the quicker they can transition, the league can stabilize and the Sun Belt can become competitive within the college landscape.

Annoying.

I agree if I were an Ark St fan. I would be waiting as long as I could.
01-20-2013 01:18 PM
ninernation1989 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Yeah I'm sure the ADs and presidents are gonna listen to some random fans emails and calls
01-20-2013 01:25 PM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
I think the SBC is being smart on waiting
01-20-2013 01:31 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(01-20-2013 01:18 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  

Annoying.

You are correct.

But let's say we panic right now and do a rush job and ask NMSU and App State to hurry up and join.

Then Texas State and Delaware go to CUSA.

SBC adds Sam Houston to try to get someone closer to NMSU and are done.

How does that sound to you?
01-20-2013 01:40 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Today is January 20.

We have 130 days to make a decision on FCS move-ups for 2014.

So far no one has put forward a single compelling reason to make a decision today, tomorrrow, this week, next week, vs. 130 days from now. Just fear-mongering that means nothing because there is no difference between today and 100 days from now.

Why pull the trigger early and go through the "we can't make a decision today" crap that ODU ran CUSA through?

There is a vast difference between a president or AD saying they want to go FBS and join the Sun Belt and schools that have actually talked to the boosters, talked to their board, made sure they can do it politically.
01-20-2013 01:43 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(01-20-2013 01:40 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(01-20-2013 01:18 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  

Annoying.

You are correct.

But let's say we panic right now and do a rush job and ask NMSU and App State to hurry up and join.

Then Texas State and Delaware go to CUSA.

SBC adds Sam Houston to try to get someone closer to NMSU and are done.

How does that sound to you?

And what if CUSA were to want another eastern school and takes Georgia State.

Today Georgia Southern makes sense, we can bundle Georgia State and Southern for men's and women's basketball scheduling and volleyball scheduling.

Take away that travel help and suddenly App and Georgia Southern look like same sides of the coin on travel negating Georgia Southern's travel advantage.

If I'm Georgia Southern I want a decision NOW because I want that advantage.

If I'm Arkansas State if Georgia Southern and App look identical in travel I'm thinking App gains the advantage in my decision making.

Wonder why the Georgia Southern fan wants a quick decision? Surely just has the Sun Belt's best interests at heart.
01-20-2013 01:49 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

All I am saying is that the Sun Belt has made a lot of progress the past couple of years and even outperformed CUSA on the field and earned national respect. Clearly, the Sun Belt WILL have to add team(s)and the sooner that happens, the sooner the league can stabilize and the new teams can transition and help the league on the field. I would imagine that the instability and uncertainy is hurting recruiting right now. Don't think CUSA programs aren't telling recruits that the SB is in trouble. The reality is bad enough, but the lies the recruits will hear are much worse. Every day counts and 120 makes a big difference.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 01:56 PM by GSU Eagles.)
01-20-2013 01:54 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

16 days to National Signing date. Too late at this point to make a difference.
01-20-2013 02:15 PM
RaiderDoug Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle
If I'm a fan of the SBC schools that were mentioned, I'd be calling my president and AD and asking them to add anyone but Georgia Southern. Anyone.

Can you imagine how annoying they'll be if they actually get in.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 03:01 PM by RaiderDoug.)
01-20-2013 02:59 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
I think your next step should be a one man picketing of the conference office. 02-13-banana

You need to chill dude, no need to go to panic mode just yet. Still over 100 days for Southern to get the call up.
01-20-2013 03:22 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
(01-20-2013 02:59 PM)RaiderDoug Wrote:  If I'm a fan of the SBC schools that were mentioned, I'd be calling my president and AD and asking them to add anyone but Georgia Southern. Anyone.

Someone's got to replace the Middle fans05-stirthepot.
01-20-2013 03:23 PM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
(01-20-2013 03:23 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  
(01-20-2013 02:59 PM)RaiderDoug Wrote:  If I'm a fan of the SBC schools that were mentioned, I'd be calling my president and AD and asking them to add anyone but Georgia Southern. Anyone.

Someone's got to replace the Middle fans05-stirthepot.

Their shoes are too big for you to fill. Despite a couple of d-bag posters lately.
01-20-2013 04:35 PM
Advertisement

Buzz Lightyear Lite Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TROY
(01-20-2013 02:15 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  16 days to National Signing date. Too late at this point to make a difference.

exactly, and no one will ever know in these recruits minds exactly what all the reasons for signing here or there.....but oh what a fun conversation during this little period to signing day.....
01-20-2013 05:08 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

(01-20-2013 01:31 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  I think the SBC is being smart on waiting

As a Troy fan, you do realize that if CUSA goes to 18, you are screwed and will be an independent?
01-20-2013 05:59 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(01-20-2013 05:59 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  
(01-20-2013 01:31 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  I think the SBC is being smart on waiting

As a Troy fan, you do realize that if CUSA goes to 18, you are screwed and will be an independent?

If CUSA goes to 18 teams, Troy will probably be in. Only way they wouldnt is if no one left CUSA from its current alignment.
01-20-2013 06:33 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

(01-20-2013 06:33 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(01-20-2013 05:59 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  

If CUSA goes to 18 teams, Troy will probably be in. Only way they wouldnt is if no one left CUSA from its current alignment.

CUSA has 14. Lose 1 and they pull 5 from SB to get to 18. Which 3 from SB are screwed? ULM, USA, and one of the following: Troy, TX St, GA St
01-20-2013 06:42 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.