Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Anyone have facilities update?
Bookmark and Share
MemphisRob Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Not a word on the indoor practice facility, softball renovations, soccer field? Anyone heard anything?
12-06-2012 12:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CubsTigersGrizz Offline
1st String

I Root For: U of M
RE: Anyone have facilities update?
Bowen likes to keep things more under wraps. He's not an "update" kind of guy. When he has all the things in place, he'll announce it. My bet is something in 2013 will be announced since the indoor track facility is an important part of the project.
12-06-2012 12:51 PM
redbirdTD Offline
2nd String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE
(12-06-2012 12:14 PM)MemphisRob Wrote:  Not a word on the indoor practice facility, softball renovations, soccer field? Anyone heard anything?

Word on the street is they are waiting to see how little they are going to receive from the tv pkg.
12-06-2012 01:14 PM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
While we have been struggling to raise $10 million for the IPF, Tulane, a much smaller school, just raised $100 millon for an on-campus stadium. I wish we were half as good at support as we are at bitching and whining.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 01:29 PM by Gray Avenger.)
12-06-2012 01:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mphsfan Offline
Unapologetic Supporter

I Root For: Memphis &

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
The indoor track will be incorporated into the IPF.

We had to bring our outdoor track up to specs for the conference. Our track was a disaster and wasn't even up to specs to hold a sanctioned meet. We have recently received a $2M+ grant to resolve that problem.

Prioritizing the projects: I've heard the football support building will be built early on. It will get the coaches offices and staff over to the South Campus. Where they need to be full-time. We have a lot to accomplish to be ready for the Big East.

The amount of money raised for the IPF has dropped with RC's departure. I don't think it is that people pulled out pledges as much as we were perhaps counting birds in the bush that weren't in the hand.

There is a lot going on with a reorganization of job descriptions and direction that needs to be done in order to improve our fund-raising ability, and the departments ability to function. You will start to hear about the TRUE BLUE SOCIETY. It's a new group that is targeted toward folks that will probably never be ambassadors.
12-06-2012 01:41 PM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Crappies
(12-06-2012 01:28 PM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  While we have been struggling to raise $10 million for the IPF, Tulane, a much smaller school, just raised $100 millon for an on-campus stadium. I wish we were half as good at support as we are at bitching and whining.

04-jawdrop
12-06-2012 01:50 PM
Advertisement

21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
He meant "half as good at marketing", MissJ, and we are getting there with Mr. Bowen.
12-06-2012 01:53 PM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Crappies
(12-06-2012 01:53 PM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  He meant "half as good at marketing", MissJ, and we are getting there with Mr. Bowen.

Isn't there someone here that ******* and whines about colors all the freakin time ? 03-lmfao
12-06-2012 01:57 PM
72Tiger Offline
Up your nose with a rubber hose

I Root For: Larry
DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Re: Anyone have facilities update?
The soccer stadium will be part of the track renovations on the South Campus.
12-06-2012 01:59 PM
NDTiger Offline
All American

We are missing a golden opportunity to help CJF recruit for this year's class. I'm hoping that the staff atleast has images and some talking points to show recruits.
12-06-2012 06:59 PM
hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina
(12-06-2012 06:59 PM)NDTiger Wrote:  We are missing a golden opportunity to help CJF recruit for this year's class. I'm hoping that the staff atleast has images and some talking points to show recruits.

...and park a bulldozer out there to show we are about to start construction!
05-stirthepot
12-06-2012 07:05 PM
Advertisement

ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(12-06-2012 01:41 PM)mphsfan Wrote:  The indoor track will be incorporated into the IPF.

We had to bring our outdoor track up to specs for the conference. Our track was a disaster and wasn't even up to specs to hold a sanctioned meet. We have recently received a $2M+ grant to resolve that problem.

Prioritizing the projects: I've heard the football support building will be built early on. It will get the coaches offices and staff over to the South Campus. Where they need to be full-time. We have a lot to accomplish to be ready for the Big East.

The amount of money raised for the IPF has dropped with RC's departure. I don't think it is that people pulled out pledges as much as we were perhaps counting birds in the bush that weren't in the hand.

There is a lot going on with a reorganization of job descriptions and direction that needs to be done in order to improve our fund-raising ability, and the departments ability to function. You will start to hear about the TRUE BLUE SOCIETY. It's a new group that is targeted toward folks that will probably never be ambassadors.

Been waiting to see how someone will try to spin things. Truth is his heavy handed management style has rubbed a few people the wrong way. Expect to see donation level stagnate if not drop.
12-06-2012 09:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UM_TOM Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U of Memphis
What sort of people has he rubbed the wrong way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-06-2012 10:40 PM
covingtontiger Offline
Heisman

Donators
(12-06-2012 09:26 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  
(12-06-2012 01:41 PM)mphsfan Wrote:  The indoor track will be incorporated into the IPF.

Been waiting to see how someone will try to spin things. Truth is his heavy handed management style has rubbed a few people the wrong way. Expect to see donation level stagnate if not drop.
So, Nancy Negative, are you dropping your TSF contribution because of Tom Bowen? If so, we will miss you (not). Hope you like being a black bear or wherever you end up, as long as it is not here. I'm fairly sick of your incessant carping.

I make a moderate contribution each year myself and I am planning to give the same or more, because I think that Bowen is the shot in the arm that the program needs to replace RCJ.
12-06-2012 10:42 PM
georgiatiger Offline
Axel

I Root For: Everyone
Donators
Race car guy does this all the time. Just ignore it.
12-06-2012 11:05 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(12-06-2012 10:42 PM)covingtontiger Wrote:  

So, Nancy Negative, are you dropping your TSF contribution because of Tom Bowen? If so, we will miss you (not). Hope you like being a black bear or wherever you end up, as long as it is not here. I'm fairly sick of your incessant carping.

I make a moderate contribution each year myself and I am planning to give the same or more, because I think that Bowen is the shot in the arm that the program needs to replace RCJ.

Let's review again the reason given for the suspension of the gift in kind program. NOT that there were irregularities, but there was not enough CONTROL of the process. There is a repeating pattern of his obsession toward getting total and complete control of everything. It doesn't seem as if anything wrong is going on just that he does NOT HAVE CONTROL OVER IT. His pattern of behavior since taking over has total control freak written all over it.
12-07-2012 12:05 AM
Advertisement

Heisman

Ditto. At least, I won't have to wonder exactly where my donation is going. (see: football seat donation fiasco.)
12-07-2012 12:18 AM
Heisman

(12-07-2012 12:05 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  

Let's review again the reason given for the suspension of the gift in kind program. NOT that there were irregularities, but there was not enough CONTROL of the process. There is a repeating pattern of his obsession toward getting total and complete control of everything. It doesn't seem as if anything wrong is going on just that he does NOT HAVE CONTROL OVER IT. His pattern of behavior since taking over has total control freak written all over it.

If you don't think anything wrong was going on, I have a bridge I would like to sell you. It is his JOB to have total and complete control of those areas for which he is responsible. The buck stops with him. I love this new "control freak" compared to our last always-out-to-lunch AD.
12-07-2012 12:22 AM
georgiatiger Offline
Axel

I Root For: Everyone
Donators

It's called accountability and he understands that he's accountable for everything that goes on within the athletic department. Likely, he was directed to get things in order. He's doing his job. Why do you have such a problem with that?
12-07-2012 12:36 AM
lenetzach Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: the Tigers

It's not about personal control, it's about financial control, as in proper management, as in what's best for the university.

Gross income is irrelevant in the long run, net proceeds available to the program is where the rubber meets the road.
12-07-2012 04:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.