Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Today in GOP Voter Suppression
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Today in GOP Voter Suppression
I wish I could say I was shocked.

Quote:“The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates,” Greer told The Post. “It’s done for one reason and one reason only. … ‘We’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us,’ ” Greer said he was told by those staffers and consultants.

“They never came in to see me and tell me we had a (voter) fraud issue,” Greer said. “It’s all a marketing ploy.”

Former Florida GOP leaders say voter suppression was reason they pushed new election law
11-26-2012 03:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Today in GOP Voter Suppression
Where's the suppression? And why is this a bad thing?
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2012 03:15 PM by DrTorch.)
11-26-2012 03:14 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
So a guy with an ax to grind against the Florida GOP pukes up some DNC talking points

[Image: shocked_face.jpg]

Yea that's my shocked face..

Quote:Greer is now under indictment, accused of stealing $200,000 from the party through a phony campaign fundraising operation. He, in turn, has sued the party, saying GOP leaders knew what he was doing and voiced no objection.
11-26-2012 03:22 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(11-26-2012 03:14 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  Where's the suppression? And why is this a bad thing?

So...and educated man like yourself can see no possible scenario of an old person seeing a line with 500 people in it and not wanting to wait 5 hours to vote so they give up and leave?

TORCH, QUIT PLAYING SO DAMNED STUPID FOR PARTISAN POLITICAL REASONS!!!
11-26-2012 03:27 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(11-26-2012 03:27 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(11-26-2012 03:14 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  Where's the suppression? And why is this a bad thing?

So...and educated man like yourself can see no possible scenario of an old person seeing a line with 500 people in it and not wanting to wait 5 hours to vote so they give up and leave?

An educated person like myself does not think going from 12 to eight days creates a line of 500 people on election day..
11-26-2012 03:30 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(11-26-2012 03:30 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

An educated person like myself does not think going from 12 to eight days creates a line of 500 people on election day..

Well...are you also factoring in the places where ballots (enginereed by Republicans) were like 8 pages long?

But again...you can see no way whatsoever where giving more early days of voting could reduce the number of voters on election day? You did say you were educated, didn't you? 03-lmfao
11-26-2012 03:35 PM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(11-26-2012 03:35 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Well...are you also factoring in the places where ballots (enginereed by Republicans) were like 8 pages long?

But again...you can see no way whatsoever where giving more early days of voting could reduce the number of voters on election day? You did say you were educated, didn't you? 03-lmfao

Why don't we start voting in June!
11-26-2012 03:43 PM
DrTorch Offline

(11-26-2012 03:43 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
(11-26-2012 03:35 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Why don't we start voting in June!

Lets vote year 'round. It will create jobs.
11-26-2012 04:21 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

Yes...let's go overboard! Morons.

Funny how pretty much every study says curtailing early voting disproportionately effects Democrat candidates, while Republicans seem to be the only ones wanting to reduce early voting periods.

Coincidence I'm sure.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2012 04:45 PM by Redwingtom.)
11-26-2012 04:45 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(11-26-2012 04:45 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Yes...let's go overboard! Morons.

Funny how pretty much every study says curtailing early voting disproportionately effects Democrat candidates, while Republicans seem to be the only ones wanting to reduce early voting periods.

Coincidence I'm sure.

Like it's a coincidence the Democrats are so hellbent on early voting because they're so damned concerned old Republicans voting, I'm sure.
11-26-2012 05:42 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(11-26-2012 05:42 PM)Smaug Wrote:  

Coincidence I'm sure.

Like it's a coincidence the Democrats are so hellbent on early voting because they're so damned concerned old Republicans voting, I'm sure.

Sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense.
11-26-2012 05:59 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(11-26-2012 05:59 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(11-26-2012 05:42 PM)Smaug Wrote:  

Coincidence I'm sure.

Sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense.

What he's saying is that you like the rules when they favor your guy.
11-26-2012 06:09 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
This thread just goes to prove that you guy's have absolutely zero credibility when it comes to voter fraud. Here we have evidence of what we all can see with our two eyes and surprise surprise it's DELIBERATE! Why can't you guy's just call a spade a spade. This is wrong and it needs to be corrected. It's not the only way to correct the problem but........ If we have to vote for 30 or 60 days to ensure that no one has to wait for 8 hours in a line. Then that is EXACTLY what we need to do.
11-26-2012 09:42 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(11-26-2012 09:42 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  This thread just goes to prove that you guy's have absolutely zero credibility when it comes to voter fraud. Here we have evidence of what we all can see with our two eyes and surprise surprise it's DELIBERATE! Why can't you guy's just call a spade a spade. This is wrong and it needs to be corrected. It's not the only way to correct the problem but........ If we have to vote for 30 or 60 days to ensure that no one has to wait for 8 hours in a line. Then that is EXACTLY what we need to do.

Mach, where is the fraud? Who is losing the opportunity to vote on a date known far in advance?
11-26-2012 10:05 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
So a person in the suburbs can just jet in and out but people in the cities have to wait 8 hours??? and you have no problems with this????
11-26-2012 10:07 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(11-26-2012 10:07 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  So a person in the suburbs can just jet in and out but people in the cities have to wait 8 hours??? and you have no problems with this????

It may be a problem, an inconvenience, but it's not fraud.
11-26-2012 10:14 PM
Advertisement

GeorgeBorkFan Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-26-2012 10:07 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  So a person in the suburbs can just jet in and out but people in the cities have to wait 8 hours??? and you have no problems with this????

Then vote in local officials who put more emphasis on running the voting process efficiently. Those that run the process are up for a vote as well.
11-26-2012 10:30 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

Seems like a local issue to me Mach...
11-26-2012 11:26 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

Is it voter fraud that the cities dont take into account large voter turn outs and do whatever it is that they need to do? After all, who would know best how many voters are in a precinct?
11-26-2012 11:42 PM
DrTorch Offline

(11-26-2012 09:42 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  This thread just goes to prove that you guy's have absolutely zero credibility when it comes to voter fraud. Here we have evidence of what we all can see with our two eyes and surprise surprise it's DELIBERATE! Why can't you guy's just call a spade a spade. This is wrong and it needs to be corrected. It's not the only way to correct the problem but........ If we have to vote for 30 or 60 days to ensure that no one has to wait for 8 hours in a line. Then that is EXACTLY what we need to do.

Why? Why is waiting a problem? You don't seem to know history very well.

Or, why not open up more precincts?

And that's if your 8 hour tragedy is true. Someone who criticizes for lack of evidence, then pulls this number out of nowhere.

When are you guys going to learn, your falsehoods and fantasies don't fly on this board?
11-27-2012 07:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.