Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

1 Example of how Unions are killing America
OLD DIRTY Offline
Banned

I Root For: Old Dominion
1 Example of how Unions are killing America
A higher-up from GE (or was it GE? 03-shhhh ) comes to my plant a few months ago and wants us to build some prototypes for their windmill industry. The strange thing is he doesn't want to give drawings thru the normal avenues, and we can't ship to the normal address.

He tells us at lunch that the GE Unions are killing them financially, so GE is secretly working around them and sending the business to Japan and Asia.

So you commie bastards have to decide - Do you want GE in Right-to-Work states, or Asia? They're on their way out right now, but CBS won't be reporting it until a Republican is in office.
08-15-2012 09:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: 1 Example of how Unions are killing America
Dirty,

Obviously this indicates that the gov't should take over all industries, then we wouldn't have this happening. And if you combined that w/ the UN enforcing taxes and minimum wages throughout the world, then we'd all be better off.
08-15-2012 09:05 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(08-15-2012 09:02 AM)OLD DIRTY Wrote:  A higher-up from GE (or was it GE? 03-shhhh ) comes to my plant a few months ago and wants us to build some prototypes for their windmill industry. The strange thing is he doesn't want to give drawings thru the normal avenues, and we can't ship to the normal address.

He tells us at lunch that the GE Unions are killing them financially, so GE is secretly working around them and sending the business to Japan and Asia.

So you commie bastards have to decide - Do you want GE in Right-to-Work states, or Asia? They're on their way out right now, but CBS won't be reporting it until a Republican is in office.
Your story is complete and total BS. But keep on trying to destroy the middle class and the country.
08-15-2012 09:12 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
That's right, Robs. Ignore the problem. It will go away on its own.
08-15-2012 09:20 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(08-15-2012 09:20 AM)Smaug Wrote:  That's right, Robs. Ignore the problem. It will go away on its own.
Your answer is to destroy the middle class. THat will make this country stronger!
08-15-2012 09:43 AM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
How much of the GE's windmill industry's revenue comes from the federal government?

I doubt seriously their profit is greater than the assistance they get.
08-15-2012 09:55 AM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

(08-15-2012 09:43 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 09:20 AM)Smaug Wrote:  That's right, Robs. Ignore the problem. It will go away on its own.
Your answer is to destroy the middle class. THat will make this country stronger!

See, that's what makes you a fool, Robs.

I don't have any answers. I just know what we used to do isn't working any more.
08-15-2012 09:56 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(08-15-2012 09:56 AM)Smaug Wrote:  

I don't have any answers. I just know what we used to do isn't working any more.
Yes, I agree. Trickle down BS isn't working anymore because the wealthy aren't trickling it down anymore.
08-15-2012 10:10 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

(08-15-2012 10:10 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 09:56 AM)Smaug Wrote:  

Yes, I agree. Trickle down BS isn't working anymore because the wealthy aren't trickling it down anymore.

And the ever-expanding nanny state?
08-15-2012 10:12 AM
OLD DIRTY Offline
Banned

(08-15-2012 09:12 AM)RobertN Wrote:  Your story is complete and total BS. But keep on trying to destroy the middle class and the country.

Are you retarded?

I could give names, but won't ruin any careers. This happened. It's happening all over the country. Ask Boeing about it.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 11:08 AM by OLD DIRTY.)
08-15-2012 11:07 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Old Dirty's scenario is right but he's blaming the wrong people. This is EXACTLY the reason we need to develop Fair Trade rules. We opened Pandora's box. We are in a race to the bottom. Do we really want to see our middle class China's middle class? Nobody here has a crystal ball. We still have the advantage because of our markets but this advantage is waning. We have to agree to a certain set of rules established around basic environmental protections and basic worker's rights. I see one chance in ten in labor's favor. We've sold out our labor force, plain and simple. Politics aside. I'm worried about our future but for different reasons than the right. I think both sides realize the problems we are facing but we have disagreements in solutions. In the end I believe you just have to take care of your loved ones. Make sure your kid's won't depend on a labor union in the future. Do everything you can to educate your children in a growth area.
08-15-2012 11:28 AM
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(08-15-2012 11:07 AM)OLD DIRTY Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 09:12 AM)RobertN Wrote:  Your story is complete and total BS. But keep on trying to destroy the middle class and the country.

Are you retarded?

I could give names, but won't ruin any careers. This happened. It's happening all over the country. Ask Boeing about it.

OD........Robert is in fact retarded.
08-15-2012 11:28 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(08-15-2012 11:07 AM)OLD DIRTY Wrote:  

Are you retarded?

A higher-up from Wal-Mart told me that they were going to start selling more American made products. I would give you his name but I wouldn't want to ruin his careeer.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 11:31 AM by RobertN.)
08-15-2012 11:30 AM
Machiavelli Offline

His scenario is happening all over the states. Steve Jobs detailed it in his biography.
08-15-2012 11:31 AM
Machiavelli Offline

I would title the thread. How free trade is killing America.
08-15-2012 11:37 AM
DrTorch Offline

(08-15-2012 11:28 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Old Dirty's scenario is right but he's blaming the wrong people. This is EXACTLY the reason we need to develop Fair Trade rules. We opened Pandora's box. We are in a race to the bottom. Do we really want to see our middle class China's middle class?

Depends on what China's middle class looks like.

Race to the bottom? Why so pessimistic? Why not accept that China's standard of living is improving?

Anyway, this is the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. It's gonna happen. You believe (and curiously enough, libertarian Vox Day) it can slowed down using isolationism, but it still happens. Maybe isolationism is a good thing. I don't know b/c you're right,
Quote: Nobody here has a crystal ball.

Quote:We have to agree to a certain set of rules established around basic environmental protections and basic worker's rights. I see one chance in ten in labor's favor. We've sold out our labor force, plain and simple.

You have some validity, but you taint it w/ reactionary rhetoric. But it's not "free trade" that's really hurting labor. And nothing is happening now that didn't happen in Lowell, MA (and eventually the rest of the country) in the 1800s.

Frankly, I think you make some good points about environmental protections and basic workers rights. However, the selling out has come from the left: labor unions, lax immigration, and social engineering that allows sloth.

I don't mind seeing people succeed b/c of hard work, regardless of their country of origin.

Quote: Politics aside. I'm worried about our future but for different reasons than the right. I think both sides realize the problems we are facing but we have disagreements in solutions. In the end I believe you just have to take care of your loved ones. Make sure your kid's won't depend on a labor union in the future. Do everything you can to educate your children in a growth area.

You make a respectable, honest living as a plumber, electrician or auto mechanic. Not growth areas, but worth keeping mind.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 11:43 AM by DrTorch.)
08-15-2012 11:42 AM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Here's a solution... how about executives stop worrying about short term profits in order to pad their pocketbook and stop signing bad contracts with unions? How about incentivizing executives for long term profits instead of short term profits? Unions can be broken if a company is smart and negotiates contracts wisely. Why do Honda and Toyota have no problems turning profits with unions?
08-15-2012 12:18 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes

Is every middle class person in a union? Does every person in a union need a union or even want to be a part of it?

How would you feel that in order to have a job you had to join a certain organization, pay them a percentage of your salary, lose money when they go on strike, and find a lazy ass person getting promoted over you only because he's been there longer?
08-15-2012 12:26 PM
OLD DIRTY Offline
Banned

The reason I am leaving my job now is because things were offered to me but not delivered. TRUST ME, I understand the use for Unions but when you look at Detriot you can see the downside easily.

VA is a right-to-work state, and while it most certainly has draw-backs it's up to individuals to adjust. The GE project was mine, and I head up several projects that most of you will eventually use in your daily lives. When you are intelligent and hard-working, you are essentially your own Union. I found another job that had much better benefits and pay, then approached my current boss with my demands. His options were pony up a little now, or loose about $2 million later. He took the later and has been since begging me to accept the same deal he turned down initially. Too late a-hole.

I see Unions as a way for lazy-asses to ride the backs of hard-workers, considering the above.
08-15-2012 12:43 PM
DrTorch Offline

(08-15-2012 12:43 PM)OLD DIRTY Wrote:  The reason I am leaving my job now is because things were offered to me but not delivered. TRUST ME, I understand the use for Unions but when you look at Detriot you can see the downside easily.

VA is a right-to-work state, and while it most certainly has draw-backs it's up to individuals to adjust. The GE project was mine, and I head up several projects that most of you will eventually use in your daily lives. When you are intelligent and hard-working, you are essentially your own Union. I found another job that had much better benefits and pay, then approached my current boss with my demands. His options were pony up a little now, or loose about $2 million later. He took the later and has been since begging me to accept the same deal he turned down initially. Too late a-hole.

I see Unions as a way for lazy-asses to ride the backs of hard-workers, considering the above.

Are you staying in VA? I'm moving back there in a couple of weeks.
08-15-2012 12:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.