New UCF Skin? Thoughts...?
Bookmark and Share
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
New UCF Skin? Thoughts...?
No, this isn't about babes.

For those who visited the C-USA board today, you have discovered that I, out of necessity, have made some subtle changes to that board's look.

But more importantly, I've returned to my post as "Skin Master", busy doing the master's (Swagger) business.

To that end, are you guys in need of a new look? If so, what is the consensus on a board "name"...?

If you're interested in seeing what's been up in the skin factory, take a peek at the ACC board, as well as a sneak peek at what I'm working on for the Louisville board.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2012 03:53 PM by ecuacc4ever.)
03-20-2012 03:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
RE: New UCF Skin? Thoughs...?
Yeah, what will we name this place? I'll PM some fellow Knight fans about name suggestions. They can post here, too.
03-20-2012 03:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
knightalum74 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
(03-20-2012 03:46 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  Yeah, what will we name this place? I'll PM some fellow Knight fans about name suggestions. They can post here, too.

I PM'ed this back, but I'll post it here...

Since the Dungeon is taken on Rivals, I'd think we come up with something that is more unique to the school. I like how Memphis is "Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum" ... What about "Ereck Plancher Memorial - Knights Sports Forum"?
03-20-2012 04:14 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
RE: New UCF Skin? Thoughts...?
Could always go UCF arena style ala "The Dungeon"

Brainstorming other ideas:

-Lance.em.bbs
-The Armory
-a medieval castle type name, e.g. The Bastille, The Gauntlet, Fortress, Citadel etc

If you are taking requests for the skin / layout / color scheme, I've always enjoyed what they have going on on the ucfathletics page, the black over old gold, versus say... the sunflower / gold over black mix. I'd like to see the school embrace the black THEN gold, kinda give it a unique feel but with a "New Orleans Saints" flavor. Man those guys have the best uniform...

anyhow, that's my input.
03-20-2012 04:16 PM
knightalum74 Offline
1st String

Rivals Premium board is already "The Dungeon"
03-20-2012 04:16 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(03-20-2012 04:14 PM)knightalum74 Wrote:  
(03-20-2012 03:46 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  Yeah, what will we name this place? I'll PM some fellow Knight fans about name suggestions. They can post here, too.

Since the Dungeon is taken on Rivals, I'd think we come up with something that is more unique to the school. I like how Memphis is "Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum" ... What about "Ereck Plancher Memorial - Knights Sports Forum"?

We dont need any more rep going towards that event. It was unfortunate, but in the end we got sued and lots and lots of bad coverage, plus what did Ereck Plancher do for UCF? (not to be insensitive or anything)

If you wanna name it after someone, call it the Charles Norman Millican Memorial Board, or the John C. Hitt board.
03-20-2012 04:17 PM
Advertisement

TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I agree with Kruciff on the color layout for the skin, predominant black with 'old gold' as an accent color.

And we have a lot of options:

Castle
Bastille
Fortress
Ereck Plancher Memorial
Dr. Millican Memorial

Shouldn't do "The Dungeon", that's Rivals. 03-razz
03-20-2012 04:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

(03-20-2012 04:17 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  

We dont need any more rep going towards that event. It was unfortunate, but in the end we got sued and lots and lots of bad coverage, plus what did Ereck Plancher do for UCF? (not to be insensitive or anything)

If you wanna name it after someone, call it the Charles Norman Millican Memorial Board, or the John C. Hitt board.

Or Dr. Charles N. Millican Memorial Board.
03-20-2012 04:19 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(03-20-2012 04:19 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  
(03-20-2012 04:17 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  

Or Dr. Charles N. Millican Memorial Board.

Or that, ya i'd embrace that for a name if we want to make it a memorial, but maybe we should wait to have it more established before we name it something not as easily recognizable as the Knights board? Sad to say, i'm afraid that not every UCF will recognize a name unless it's Godfrey, Smith, or Culpepper, and even then...
03-20-2012 04:21 PM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

Thanks for the input -- please keep it coming.

I like the name ideas for the 'board name', but I believe we need differentiate that from the "banner" name that I'll put in the banner image -- like if you visit my concept for the Louisville board, you'll see "The Cardinal Mafia" as the banner name.

BTW, that layout is intentionally 'skinnier' because I wanted to emphasize the pinstripe effect. That said, do you fellas (and ladies) have a preference for wide or narrow...?
03-20-2012 05:12 PM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

(03-20-2012 05:12 PM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  Thanks for the input -- please keep it coming.

I like the name ideas for the 'board name', but I believe we need differentiate that from the "banner" name that I'll put in the banner image -- like if you visit my concept for the Louisville board, you'll see "The Cardinal Mafia" as the banner name.

BTW, that layout is intentionally 'skinnier' because I wanted to emphasize the pinstripe effect. That said, do you fellas (and ladies) have a preference for wide or narrow...?

My personal preference is narrow, like "the Cardinal Mafia" is now. But it is a majority decision, so don't go on my preference alone.

And board name...we could just use Knightmare or Black & Gold as the banner, perhaps.
03-20-2012 05:29 PM
Advertisement

Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

i think we need an example of wide. I personally wasn't impressed with the louisville board, but that's just me
03-20-2012 06:43 PM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

This board employs the 'wide' format.
03-20-2012 07:26 PM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
I like "The Garrison" as a board name.
03-20-2012 07:32 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

Hmm. If the layout is a keeper i'd be down for the narrow format
03-20-2012 07:35 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

As far as the banner name, does it actually need to be a name?

I could donate the "UCF" in my sig. That's gotten many many compliments from UCF fans from many different boards
03-20-2012 10:02 PM
Advertisement

ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

No -- we need to stay away from official marks to avoid Swagger getting calls from the NCAA and CLC.
03-20-2012 10:05 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(03-20-2012 10:05 PM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  No -- we need to stay away from official marks to avoid Swagger getting calls from the NCAA and CLC.

ah. That's why the rivals board has their own "knight" logo... thing.

Here. Idea. Talk to the guy that manages the UCF Nation page. He's really good at drumming up logos, i'd love to get the board associated with that page. There are almost 51,000 people that follow that page.

I'll send him a message.
03-20-2012 10:34 PM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

(03-20-2012 10:34 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(03-20-2012 10:05 PM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  No -- we need to stay away from official marks to avoid Swagger getting calls from the NCAA and CLC.

ah. That's why the rivals board has their own "knight" logo... thing.

Here. Idea. Talk to the guy that manages the UCF Nation page. He's really good at drumming up logos, i'd love to get the board associated with that page. There are almost 51,000 people that follow that page.

I'll send him a message.

Great idea! 04-cheers
03-21-2012 06:09 AM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

Knightmare.
03-21-2012 09:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.