Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UL & BYU to Big 12 on hold pending decisions by FSU & Clemson?
EERSFAN Offline
Banned

I Root For: WVU
UL & BYU to Big 12 on hold pending decisions by FSU & Clemson?
02-06-2012 11:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
RE: UL & BYU to Big 12 on hold pending decisions by FSU & Clemson?
I didn't even click it, but it stupid to think FSU and Clemson would leave for the Big 12. Texas and OU will continue to explore other options.
02-06-2012 11:55 AM
EERSFAN Offline
Banned

(02-06-2012 11:55 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  I didn't even click it, but it stupid to think FSU and Clemson would leave for the Big 12. Texas and OU will continue to explore other options.

What other options? They explored all their options the past two summers and they just signed on for at least 6 years of Big 12 stability. Don't make the mistake of fighting the last war. Dan Bebee ain't running this conference anymore.
02-06-2012 11:57 AM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
(02-06-2012 11:55 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  I didn't even click it, but it stupid to think FSU and Clemson would leave for the Big 12. Texas and OU will continue to explore other options.

Actually if there was a signing of tv rights to the Big 12 by the Big 12 programs then UT and OU are no longer exploring other options and have decided to make the Big 12 into a stable conference. Once the threat of the Texoma-4 leaving for the PAC is gone, the Big 12 becomes the stable power conference that the numbers say it currently is.

FSU and Clemson will never have equal footing with Florida and South Carolina while they remain in the ACC because the ACC is the SEC's little *****. So why is it stupid for two football focused institutions to want to step out of a conference that is content with remaining the ***** of the SEC?

So stop with the stupid absolute statements because it is entirely Possible that FSU and Clemson are looking at their options. It would be stupid of them Not to.
02-06-2012 12:02 PM
Frog in the Kitchen Sink Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU
I just have a hard time believing this sort of rumors. At best, I guess I can see a situation where they are doing their full due diligence if the B-12 has approached them.
02-06-2012 12:04 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(02-06-2012 12:04 PM)Frog in the Kitchen Sink Wrote:  I just have a hard time believing this sort of rumors. At best, I guess I can see a situation where they are doing their full due diligence if the B-12 has approached them.

When approaching said rumors look at them from a position of common cents. Does it make cents for FSU and Clemson to move to the Big 12? Yes it would make a whole lot of cents for FSU and Clemson to make the move so it may very well be possible that these rumors have some anchoring in reality.
02-06-2012 12:09 PM
Advertisement

bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
Florida State's not going to have parity with Florida because they're 50+ years behind on graduating rich alumni. In that respect, remaining in the ACC and working on improving their academic profile is the long term smart move.
02-06-2012 12:09 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
NO ONE will be leaving the ACC for the B12. Better academics, academic partnerships, more revenue overall in the ACC, geography makes no sense in the B12 and the ACC is a much easier trip to a BCS bowl + a better basketball conference. Anyone care for a signature bet?
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 12:17 PM by blunderbuss.)
02-06-2012 12:13 PM
PATiger Offline
Voice of Reason

I Root For: Memphis
I wouldn't say better revenue overall. Basketball maybe but unless you've got a link that says otherwise I would think the Big XII would do better in football.
02-06-2012 12:15 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(02-06-2012 12:09 PM)bronconick Wrote:  Florida State's not going to have parity with Florida because they're 50+ years behind on graduating rich alumni. In that respect, remaining in the ACC and working on improving their academic profile is the long term smart move.

One doesn't have to be in the ACC to work on their academic profile, that is a false argument. Good academics can happen outside of the ACC. That quite frankly is just slanderous talk.

In reality the ACC lowered it's academic standards to gain programs like FSU, not the other way around. Talk like that is just silly.

If FSU landed back on the map of national football powers, then their Current alumni would reach back into their pockets. Top prospects just arent going to see the ACC as a proper route to making it to the NFL. The SEC and Big 12 are top routes to the NFL.
02-06-2012 12:15 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

(02-06-2012 12:15 PM)PATiger Wrote:  I wouldn't say better revenue overall. Basketball maybe but unless you've got a link that says otherwise I would think the Big XII would do better in football.

ACC rakes in a lot of $$$ that has nothing to do with athletics.
02-06-2012 12:16 PM
Advertisement

PATiger Offline
Voice of Reason

I Root For: Memphis
(02-06-2012 12:16 PM)NoQuarter08 Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 12:15 PM)PATiger Wrote:  I wouldn't say better revenue overall. Basketball maybe but unless you've got a link that says otherwise I would think the Big XII would do better in football.

ACC rakes in a lot of $$$ that has nothing to do with athletics.

We are talking about athletics.
02-06-2012 12:17 PM
Frog in the Kitchen Sink Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU
I doubt they would ever move, either. But I will say that if the rumors are true and it is even being considered, it does say a lot about internal dynamics in the ACC. Taking that thought a step further, Clemson and FSU might be using it (flirting with the Big 12) to get something they want out of the ACC.
02-06-2012 12:19 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(02-06-2012 12:13 PM)NoQuarter08 Wrote:  NO ONE will be leaving the ACC for the B12. Better academics, academic partnerships, more revenue overall, geography makes no sense and the ACC is a much easier trip to a BCS bowl + a better basketball conference. Anyone care for a signature bet?

03-lmfao

The ACC will be a better route to a BCS bowl? Is your head planted under a rock? BCS bowls will be no more, just a championship game that is come about by a possible four team mini playoff. When it comes to securing its own agreements with Major Bowls in the future, there is no way the ACC will be able to compete against the Big 12 when bowls begin to independently decide who they have partnerships with.

There will be a shifting and it wont be in the direction of the ACC. It is funny seeing all this talk about people trying to say that FSU is going to be successful trying to be something that it is not. It is Not going to become a premier academic institution. It has walked away from what it was in a "The grass is greener on the other side of the road" moment. A move to the Big 12 takes FSU back to what makes FSU successful.

If they want to make academics a bigger focus then they do not need the ACC for that.
02-06-2012 12:19 PM
bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
(02-06-2012 12:15 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 12:09 PM)bronconick Wrote:  Florida State's not going to have parity with Florida because they're 50+ years behind on graduating rich alumni. In that respect, remaining in the ACC and working on improving their academic profile is the long term smart move.

One doesn't have to be in the ACC to work on their academic profile, that is a false argument. Good academics can happen outside of the ACC. That quite frankly is just slanderous talk.

In reality the ACC lowered it's academic standards to gain programs like FSU, not the other way around. Talk like that is just silly.

If FSU landed back on the map of national football powers, then their Current alumni would reach back into their pockets. Top prospects just arent going to see the ACC as a proper route to making it to the NFL. The SEC and Big 12 are top routes to the NFL.

Huh?
SEC-308, 25.6
ACC- 278, 23.1
Big 10-256, 23.2
Big 12-221, 18.4
Pac-10-215, 21.5
Big East-115, 14.3

http://www.holyturf.com/2011/04/nfl-play...filiation/
02-06-2012 12:20 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

(02-06-2012 12:19 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 12:13 PM)NoQuarter08 Wrote:  NO ONE will be leaving the ACC for the B12. Better academics, academic partnerships, more revenue overall, geography makes no sense and the ACC is a much easier trip to a BCS bowl + a better basketball conference. Anyone care for a signature bet?

03-lmfao

The ACC will be a better route to a BCS bowl? Is your head planted under a rock? BCS bowls will be no more, just a championship game that is come about by a possible four team mini playoff. When it comes to securing its own agreements with Major Bowls in the future, there is no way the ACC will be able to compete against the Big 12 when bowls begin to independently decide who they have partnerships with.

There will be a shifting and it wont be in the direction of the ACC. It is funny seeing all this talk about people trying to say that FSU is going to be successful trying to be something that it is not. It is Not going to become a premier academic institution. It has walked away from what it was in a "The grass is greener on the other side of the road" moment. A move to the Big 12 takes FSU back to what makes FSU successful.

If they want to make academics a bigger focus then they do not need the ACC for that.

Which conference put 2 schools in a BCS bowl? My point was that the ACC is easier to win.... even so, ESPN saw fit to put 2 of their schools in a BCS bowl. Look.... I'm no fan of the ACC but an unbiased observer can see which conference has more pull.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 12:24 PM by blunderbuss.)
02-06-2012 12:21 PM
Advertisement

EERSFAN Offline
Banned

(02-06-2012 12:21 PM)NoQuarter08 Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 12:19 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

03-lmfao

Which conference put 2 schools in a BCS bowl? My point was that the ACC is easier to win.... even so, ESPN saw fit to put 2 of their schools in a BCS bowl. Look.... I'm no fan of the ACC but an unbiased observer can see which conference has more pull.

Which conference has won 2 BCS bowls all-time? Just fyi, I wouldn't point to the 2011-12 BCS bowls as a positive for the ACC.
02-06-2012 12:25 PM
laxtonto Offline
1st String

I Root For: LAX
35M? That is a whole lot of cheddar, plus they are still allowed to keep their 3rd tier rights...

I can almost guarantee that FSU would be all over some sort of Seminole network. Came with Clemson..

I doubt this goes anywhere, but imagine if the Big 12 could use those two to break up either the ACC or kill the BE...

Time for a major conspiracy theory...

Is it possible that the SEC and Big 12 are working in concert to kill the ACC? That is the real jewel for both of conferences. If you look at it, there are 7 or 8 (depending if the Big 12 is still in love with ND) spots available to hit 6 on both sides. Who loses out? Does the Big 12 excommunicate KSU or ISU?

Something has to give... I have a hard time accepting that the Big 12 and SEC are going to stop at 12 and 14 respectively. Would a move to the east by the Big 12 push BYU into the Pac-12? Would this push ND to the Big 10? The ACC is the powder keg in all of this. The the BE plays nice and only goes after Louisville then nothing happens. If they can crack the ACC, then the move the 16 X 4 or 5 is going to happen eventually.
02-06-2012 12:27 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
I'm only doing this because People ride Me here on My typing grammar. It's sense,not cents. LOL! 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 12:29 PM by CardFan1.)
02-06-2012 12:28 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I don't care who won more. That has nothing to do with whether or not the B12 gets Clemson or FSU. That ain't happening. I wouldn't even bother commenting but that notion is ridiculous and not based in reality. Of all the realignment rumors that we've heard I can tell you that is one that WILL NOT happen.
02-06-2012 12:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.