Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump Refuses to Back Down Over Obama's 'Very Strange' Birth
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America

Thursday, 24 Mar 2011 06:36 PM By Jim Meyers and Ashley Martella

Donald Trump is not backing down from his demand that President Barack Obama produce his birth certificate and stepped up his criticism by questioning why he has not released other personal records, including college transcripts and legislative papers.

The billionaire real estate tycoon and star of “The Apprentice” created a stir on Wednesday when he said on “The View” that Trump must release his birth certificate.

Now Trump has reiterated his call in an exclusive interview with Newsmax.TV, with this simple message for Obama: Why don’t you produce your birth certificate and put to rest all speculation that you were born outside the United States?

He says Obama’s birth certificate controversy is a “strange situation” — there are conflicting reports as to what Honolulu hospital he was born at, and the governor of Hawaii claims he somehow remembers Obama being born 50 years ago.

Trump, who says he will soon announce if he will run for president in 2012, also says Libya is a “total mess,” with Iran possibly behind the rebels and waiting to take over the country, and charges that the United States is going to “hell in a hand basket.”

“It’s a very simple situation,” Trump says in regard to the birth certificate issue. “I’d just like to see his birth certificate.

“I’m hearing all sorts of stories that his own family can’t agree which hospital he was born in and lots of other things, and I’m trying to find out where is the birth certificate. I have a birth certificate. Where is his birth certificate?

“If you’re born in this country, to the best of my knowledge people have a birth certificate.”

Obama asserts that he was born in Honolulu, but former Pennsylvania Deputy Attorney General Philip Berg has claimed that Obama’s paternal grandmother says she was in the delivery room when he was born in Kenya.

There are even differing reports about which Honolulu hospital he may have been born at. During his 2008 presidential campaign numerous reports indicated Obama was born at the Queen's Medical Center. Later, Obama's half sister said he was born at the Katiolani Medical Center.

After questions were raised about his birth, Obama's campaign released a Certification of Live Birth. The form is a summary document and does not include the newborn's location of birth. The long-form Birth Certificate includes such data, but Obama has declined to release it.

Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie first ordered the state attorney general and health department director to release more information about Obama’s birth there, then abandoned that pursuit.

“It is an amazing situation,” Trump says of the governor’s actions.
“And later the governor said, but I remember when he was born. I said, what? You actually remember when somebody was born? It sounded very unusual that a Democratic governor would remember when somebody was born 50 years ago.

“I assume that Obama was born in the United States. I assume he was probably born in Hawaii. But I have to get rid of the word ‘assume.’ If somebody wants to run for president you have to be born in this country.

And when the family argues about which hospital it was because they’re not sure, as has been reported, and you don’t have a birth certificate, it’s sort of a strange situation.”

Trump adds: “I don’t want there to be a question. I think it would be wonderful news for everybody, including me, if the birth certificate is found. But at this moment there is no birth certificate.

“Some people say it exists, and if it exists, even worse, why isn’t he showing it? So I would like to see a birth certificate, and when the governor and everybody else say they think it exists, why don’t they produce it?”

Asked if Obama has fulfilled his campaign pledge to have the most transparent administration, Trump responds: “Certainly he hasn’t in terms of his birth, and I guess a lot of college records and other records haven’t been produced, and that’s a little unusual. Why wouldn’t you produce your records?

“There are client lists that haven’t been produced and lobbying lists that haven’t been produced, so there are a lot of things that haven’t been produced for somebody who is supposed to be so transparent.

“There’s certainly not a lot of transparency.”

Asked about the Obama administration’s handling of the rebellion in Libya, Trump tells Newsmax: “For one thing, if you’re going to save lives on a humanitarian basis you should have started sooner, because many of those lives are gone.

“For another thing, you really have to find out who you’re fighting for. Who are the rebels? You have some people who say that Iran is controlling the rebels, that Iran is the happiest of all nations because they think as soon as we leave they’re going to go in with the rebels and take over Libya.

“I hear more and more reports that the rebels aren’t the sweetest people on earth either. It looks to me like it’s a total mess.”

Polls show Trump among the leaders in the GOP field for the 2012 presidential nomination. Asked if he has decided whether or not to run, Trump says: “I will be announcing one way or another somewhere prior to June.

“I hate what’s happening to this country. It’s never been at a point like this, ever. We’re not respected. We’re scoffed at. We’re laughed at by other places. People from China and other places cannot believe they’re getting away with what they’re getting away with. We’re rebuilding China. We’re rebuilding other countries, and our country is going to hell in a hand basket.

“One thing I can say, if I ran and if I won, that would stop, and everybody knows it. I think that’s why I do well in the polls.”

Newsmax. All rights reserved.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2011 09:09 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
03-24-2011 09:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
RE: Trump Refuses to Back Down Over Obama's 'Very Strange' Birth
Hooking on to the Birther stuff is not the way to win votes from those that voted for Barry. I thought DT was smarter than that. There is plenty of stuff to go after this clown about that everyone agree on..... I think he needs to have talk with James Carville.
03-24-2011 09:55 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(03-24-2011 09:55 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Hooking on to the Birther stuff is not the way to win votes from those that voted for Barry. I thought DT was smarter than that. There is plenty of stuff to go after this clown about that everyone agree on..... I think he needs to have talk with James Carville.

You Didnt even read it, did you?

Many people respect Trump. It is his opinion, isnt he entitled to it? Hhe has honest question about Obama's reason for not putting the questions to rest. Is there any logical reason? Is he hooking onto birthed stuff or just being logical, asking an obvious question.

You Fo who rails against fraud, seem too willing to allow fraud of the highest order. For what, your belief in the honesty of Govt or Obama.
03-24-2011 11:21 PM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
He already has exhibited more balls than McCain AND Hillary.

I never thought I'd even consider voting for him, but I just might now.
03-25-2011 12:24 AM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(03-24-2011 11:21 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  
(03-24-2011 09:55 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Hooking on to the Birther stuff is not the way to win votes from those that voted for Barry. I thought DT was smarter than that. There is plenty of stuff to go after this clown about that everyone agree on..... I think he needs to have talk with James Carville.

Many people respect Trump. It is his opinion, isnt he entitled to it? Hhe has honest question about Obama's reason for not putting the questions to rest. Is there any logical reason? Is he hooking onto birthed stuff or just being logical, asking an obvious question.

You Fo who rails against fraud, seem too willing to allow fraud of the highest order. For what, your belief in the honesty of Govt or Obama.

I don't think he supports gov't or Obama but he knows that the birther thing won't beat him. Regardless of how many people currently believe in this theory, it's a tired argument. We're in a society where nobody cares about what made stories the last time around. Call out his mistakes from his first term and that could be enough. As of right now, there is no one, including Trump who could beat him on the GOP side and your best hope probably lies in Hillary.
03-25-2011 01:41 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline

How does he know that? What I know is good minded people want to know the truth, whatever that might be. Where gov't is concerned, people don't like their leaders avoiding questions. Makes them look more sleazy than shysters.
03-25-2011 02:11 AM
Advertisement

nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(03-25-2011 02:11 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  How does he know that? What I know is good minded people want to know the truth, whatever that might be. Where gov't is concerned, people don't like their leaders avoiding questions. Makes them look more sleazy than shysters.

If the majority of people really cared to know, birthers wouldn't be a minority group that a lot of GOPers want to disassociate with.

My feeling is that normal Americans, meaning those who don't really obsess with politics, just feel that it's a waste of time.
03-25-2011 02:27 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(03-25-2011 02:27 AM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  
(03-25-2011 02:11 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  How does he know that? What I know is good minded people want to know the truth, whatever that might be. Where gov't is concerned, people don't like their leaders avoiding questions. Makes them look more sleazy than shysters.

If the majority of people really cared to know, birthers wouldn't be a minority group that a lot of GOPers want to disassociate with.

My feeling is that normal Americans, meaning those who don't really obsess with politics, just feel that it's a waste of time.

It is the LameStreamers that are dismissive. They shaped the debate and failed to vet Obama. The sheeple do think it is a waste of time, because the LameStreamers told them that is what they are to believe.

So you like so many others are feverously tap dancing around the question. What is the logical reason that he still has not shown his long form birth certificate?
03-25-2011 02:40 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(03-25-2011 02:40 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  It is the LameStreamers that are dismissive. They shaped the debate and failed to vet Obama. The sheeple do think it is a waste of time, because the LameStreamers told them that is what they are to believe.

So you like so many others are feverously tap dancing around the question. What is the logical reason that he still has not shown his long form birth certificate?

Calling people names, especially those on your side of the political spectrum, is no way to Make Friends and Influence People.

The fact that you believe I am Lamestream and a Sheeple, because I am convinced that Barack Obama is a US Citizen, is riduculous.
03-25-2011 08:55 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(03-24-2011 11:21 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  

Yes..I read it and he..like I...should have long ago realized it is a futile debate now. Those that believe this did not vote for Barry the last time. What good does it do court that vote and distract those that did vote for him and are unhappy. Hammer Barry on his record. That is all one needs to beat him. His record is simply awful.

Bringing this up makes him look like an amateur and will not help him win the votes he needs to be POTUS. You have to get the independents and blue dog democrats to win.
03-25-2011 08:58 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(03-25-2011 02:40 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  

It is the LameStreamers that are dismissive. They shaped the debate and failed to vet Obama. The sheeple do think it is a waste of time, because the LameStreamers told them that is what they are to believe.

Because he does not have too. Logic dictated it.03-lmfao
03-25-2011 09:02 AM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
If there is NO problem with president Barry's personal records (Birth Certificate, College Transcripts, etc.) why would he avoid sharing them? He would make his critics look incredibly foolish if all were authentic and without blemish. You hide your credentials where there is a reason to hide, not because you are trying to stand on principle.
03-25-2011 09:28 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(03-25-2011 09:02 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(03-25-2011 02:40 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  

Because he does not have too. Logic dictated it.03-lmfao

:dirtyvegas:
03-25-2011 09:38 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(03-25-2011 08:55 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(03-25-2011 02:40 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  It is the LameStreamers that are dismissive. They shaped the debate and failed to vet Obama. The sheeple do think it is a waste of time, because the LameStreamers told them that is what they are to believe.

Calling people names, especially those on your side of the political spectrum, is no way to Make Friends and Influence People.

The fact that you believe I am Lamestream and a Sheeple, because I am convinced that Barack Obama is a US Citizen, is riduculous.

The LameStreamers are the MSMedia, sheeple. 03-nutkick

What is your convincing argument for saying he is a US citizen? What information is the foundation for your opinion? Mind you, there are a lot of people smarter than I, that are convinced that there is no logical reason for him to spend millions on lawyers to keep things secret.

What is the logical reason that he still has not shown his long form birth certificate? Been asking that since before the his 2008 election.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2011 09:58 AM by SumOfAllFears.)
03-25-2011 09:52 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

(03-25-2011 09:52 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  What is your convincing argument for saying he is a US citizen. Mind you, there are a lot of people smarter than I, that are convinced that there is no logical reason for him to spend millions on lawyers to keep things secret.

What is the logical reason that he still has not shown his long form birth certificate?

You and I have been over this a half-dozen times. No need to re-hash.

And mind you, there are a lot of people smarter than I, that are convinced that he is a US citizen.
03-25-2011 09:56 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Heard on the news the other day that at least 12 states are considering requiring all presidential candidates to provide birth certs. Right now we can't even be absolutely certain Obama has met the required age limit, although I'm guessing he has. If the states pass those laws then Obama will either have to produce the real deal or he won't be put on the ballot.
03-25-2011 09:57 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
One simple fact. Idiots like you and the other birthers would still find something in/on them to claim they are not real! All the while not stopping for one second to think about how many people would have had to be in on the fix and for how long, and for why exactly?

Besides, there is proof that Obama's mother was in Hawaii when she was pregnant...and since life begins at conception...case closed 03-wink

Disclaimer: THAT WAS A JOKE! (Much like all birthers)
03-25-2011 09:57 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

(03-25-2011 09:28 AM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  If there is NO problem with president Barry's personal records (Birth Certificate, College Transcripts, etc.) why would he avoid sharing them? He would make his critics look incredibly foolish if all were authentic and without blemish. You hide your credentials where there is a reason to hide, not because you are trying to stand on principle.

This is pure, unadulterated politics, and (to me at least) the answer is painfully obvious; by continuing to ignore the Birthers, Obama marginalizes Birthers.

And puleeze, do you really in your heart of heart believe that if this majikal "long form" was produced, that it would change the mind of a single dedicated Birther?

Come. On.
03-25-2011 10:06 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(03-25-2011 09:56 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(03-25-2011 09:52 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  What is your convincing argument for saying he is a US citizen. Mind you, there are a lot of people smarter than I, that are convinced that there is no logical reason for him to spend millions on lawyers to keep things secret.

What is the logical reason that he still has not shown his long form birth certificate?

You and I have been over this a half-dozen times. No need to re-hash.

And mind you, there are a lot of people smarter than I, that are convinced that he is a US citizen.

Ok, lets not rehash. Then tell me why so many states find it necessary at this point to require a long form BC to be put on the ballot? As Steve has said that must mean many legislatures cannot answer the question.
03-25-2011 10:07 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(03-25-2011 10:06 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(03-25-2011 09:28 AM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  If there is NO problem with president Barry's personal records (Birth Certificate, College Transcripts, etc.) why would he avoid sharing them? He would make his critics look incredibly foolish if all were authentic and without blemish. You hide your credentials where there is a reason to hide, not because you are trying to stand on principle.

This is pure, unadulterated politics, and (to me at least) the answer is painfully obvious; by continuing to ignore the Birthers, Obama marginalizes Birthers.

And puleeze, do you really in your heart of heart believe that if this majikal "long form" was produced, that it would change the mind of a single dedicated Birther?

Come. On.

I've been ready to believe. Lets see the facts. There are people who have come forward with their own LFBC from almost the same time and place where he claims to have been born. If they match, they match. I believe.

You really think that the politics of marginalizing birthers, is a good political strategy, basically being arrogantly dishonest.
C'mon
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2011 10:21 AM by SumOfAllFears.)
03-25-2011 10:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.