Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liberalism, atheism, male sexual exclusivity linked to IQ
Yahweh Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Peace
Liberalism, atheism, male sexual exclusivity linked to IQ
Not that there should be any doubt from reading the posts of some conservatives here, who skew the average WAAAAY down.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/26/lib...=allsearch

Quote:Evolutionary psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa at the the London School of Economics and Political Science correlated data on these behaviors with IQ from a large national U.S. sample and found that, on average, people who identified as liberal and atheist had higher IQs. This applied also to sexual exclusivity in men, but not in women.
03-01-2010 10:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
RE: Liberalism, atheism, male sexual exclusivity linked to IQ
Well one out of three isn't bad.

Atheism ... check. That's a simple exercise in logic and science.

Sexual exclusivity ... uhhhh. Maybe if you're anti-social? If you don't like gettin' laid? Maybe if your standards are so low that any ****** will do permanently?

Liberal? What, because spending other people's money and government has such a great track record of effectiveness compared to the free market?
03-01-2010 11:15 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
Quote:The study takes the American view of liberal vs. conservative. It defines "liberal" in terms of concern for genetically nonrelated people and support for private resources that help those people. It does not look at other factors that play into American political beliefs, such as abortion, gun control and gay rights.

Sort of an odd way to define "liberal" if you ask me. Particularly that part about their 'support for private resources that help people.' In the American political spectrum definition, the more liberal you are, the more likely you are to favor public/tax-and-spend (not private) resources.

Quote:"Liberals are more likely to be concerned about total strangers; conservatives are likely to be concerned with people they associate with," he said.

I dunno, it just makes far more sense to me to put your friends and family at the top of your Care list first, then acquaintances and co-workers, then total strangers.

That said, high IQ doesn't translate into good governance. In fact, oftentimes those with multiple degrees - squating in academia year after year - want nothing more than to control others because they believe they are "enlightened with knowledge." i.e. a Kansas farmer is too stoopid to know what's what... let's bring in a Berkeley atheist with three doctorates in social studies to set 'em straight.

At the end of the day, I'll take a "B" student politician running a largely hands-off government as opposed to an "A" student know-it-all politician drunk on his own power (and mind).
03-01-2010 11:19 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(03-01-2010 11:19 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  That said, high IQ doesn't translate into good governance. In fact, oftentimes those with multiple degrees - squating in academia year after year - want nothing more than to control others because they believe they are "enlightened with knowledge." i.e. a Kansas farmer is too stoopid to know what's what... let's bring in a Berkeley atheist with three doctorates in social studies to set 'em straight.

At the end of the day, I'll take a "B" student politician running a largely hands-off government as opposed to an "A" student know-it-all politician drunk on his own power (and mind).

Reminds me of this:

Academia vs. real world experience.
03-01-2010 11:24 AM
Quote this message in a reply
niucob86 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I is stuupid theist. Me genes and environmint not good fer high IQ. Not me fault...I is victim of Durwin eeevolution.
Gots to go...Dukes of Hazzard on 9" black and white tv. That Daisy Duke shure is purdy!
03-01-2010 12:30 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
03-02-2010 11:22 AM
Advertisement

NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
(03-01-2010 10:41 AM)Yahweh Wrote:  Not that there should be any doubt from reading the posts of some conservatives here, who skew the average WAAAAY down.

Quote:Evolutionary psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa at the the London School of Economics and Political Science correlated data on these behaviors with IQ from a large national U.S. sample and found that, on average, .....

people who identified as liberal and atheist had higher IQs. This applied also to sexual exclusivity in men, but not in women.

Is this genetic or have they reasoned themselves into believing in liberalism & atheism?

Or is it because people are just born that way and can't change......
03-02-2010 12:13 PM
DrTorch Offline

(03-02-2010 12:13 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  
(03-01-2010 10:41 AM)Yahweh Wrote:  Not that there should be any doubt from reading the posts of some conservatives here, who skew the average WAAAAY down.

Quote:Evolutionary psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa at the the London School of Economics and Political Science correlated data on these behaviors with IQ from a large national U.S. sample and found that, on average, .....

people who identified as liberal and atheist had higher IQs. This applied also to sexual exclusivity in men, but not in women.

Is this genetic or have they reasoned themselves into believing in liberalism & atheism?

Or is it because people are just born that way and can't change......

Or do they simply feel most comfortable around academia and believe that's part of the uniform?
03-02-2010 12:33 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Considering that in our society, people with higher IQ's are far more likely to end up in academically prestigious universities where they are barraged with leftist faculty brainwashing, I'm surprised only that the correlation is not higher.

I guess a lot of those guys get out in the real world and figure out how the cow really eats the cabbage.
03-02-2010 03:45 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Owl....... You have taken a sharp turn right here lately. The rest of these yahoos are right of Atilla the Hun, but you....................... What's happened????????
03-02-2010 04:16 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(03-02-2010 04:16 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Owl....... You have taken a sharp turn right here lately. The rest of these yahoos are right of Atilla the Hun, but you....................... What's happened????????

That's because you're so far to the left anything that veers off a fraction to the right you consider "right wing". Mach, you can't even define "right wing".
03-02-2010 04:33 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline

(03-02-2010 03:45 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Considering that in our society, people with higher IQ's are far more likely to end up in academically prestigious universities where they are barraged with leftist faculty brainwashing, I'm surprised only that the correlation is not higher.

I guess a lot of those guys get out in the real world and figure out how the cow really eats the cabbage.

Cows? Cabbage?

Are you sure you're not a TAMU alumnus?
03-02-2010 05:10 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
(03-01-2010 11:15 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Well one out of three isn't bad.

Sexual exclusivity ... uhhhh. Maybe if you're anti-social? If you don't like gettin' laid? Maybe if your standards are so low that any ****** will do permanently?

Liberal? What, because spending other people's money and government has such a great track record of effectiveness compared to the free market?

Atheism is evidenced by science? There is no faith based in atheism? Atheism is all logic?
03-02-2010 05:41 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(03-02-2010 03:45 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Considering that in our society, people with higher IQ's are far more likely to end up in academically prestigious universities where they are barraged with leftist faculty brainwashing, I'm surprised only that the correlation is not higher.

Why is the faculty leftist to begin with, and if they're actually that smart, why would brainwashing work?
03-02-2010 06:10 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(03-02-2010 06:10 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  Why is the faculty leftist to begin with, and if they're actually that smart, why would brainwashing work?

The same reason evangelicals attend churches and not drum circles, the same reason cowboys go the rodeo and not book clubs, the same reason shade tree mechanics love the Camaro but not the Alfa Romeo.

Echo chambers and circle jerks. Birds of a feather flock together, safety in numbers etc etc.
03-02-2010 08:18 PM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
(03-02-2010 05:41 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  
(03-01-2010 11:15 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Well one out of three isn't bad.

Atheism is evidenced by science? There is no faith based in atheism? Atheism is all logic?

No, there obviously is no 'faith' needed in Atheism. You see, based on your own assumption that there is a god you then assume that it takes 'faith' to understand that it is all myth.

"To say that atheism requires faith is as dim-witted as saying that disbelief in pixies or leprechauns takes faith. Even if Einstein himself told me there was an elf on my shoulder, I would still ask for proof and I wouldn’t be wrong to ask." – Geoff Mather

"Calling Atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color." – Don Hirschberg
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2010 09:15 PM by Paul of Troy.)
03-02-2010 09:10 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(03-02-2010 09:10 PM)Paul of Troy Wrote:  No, there obviously is no 'faith' needed in Atheism. You see, based on your own assumption that there is a god you then assume that it takes 'faith' to understand that it is all myth.

Really? You know for a fact there is no God? Or you have faith there is no God. If you "know", then I'll be waiting on your proof.

....waiting......

I'm not an evangelical Christian, but I do know it's ALL faith without proof. Maybe Troy didn't teach you that.
03-02-2010 09:15 PM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
(03-02-2010 09:15 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(03-02-2010 09:10 PM)Paul of Troy Wrote:  No, there obviously is no 'faith' needed in Atheism. You see, based on your own assumption that there is a god you then assume that it takes 'faith' to understand that it is all myth.

Really? You know for a fact there is no God? Or you have faith there is no God. If you "know", then I'll be waiting on your proof.

....waiting......

I'm not an evangelical Christian, but I do know it's ALL faith without proof. Maybe Troy didn't teach you that.

In the last two responses to me you have insulted the school I have attended so I'm guessing there is some motive behind it other than being a total amateurish *******.

I didn't create the god myth...therefore in turn...it is not my place to prove that he doesn't exist. It is Christianity's burden of proof I'm afraid. I am not required to fall under some type of 'required faith bill' that apparently exists in your mind.

Just like if I ran around claiming that elephants really fly on hover boards when we are not looking. You would expect me to prove it...and you would think it was absurd if I said, "Oh yeah, you don't believe me? Prove me wrong!"
03-02-2010 09:24 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(03-02-2010 04:16 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Owl....... You have taken a sharp turn right here lately. The rest of these yahoos are right of Atilla the Hun, but you....................... What's happened????????

Haven't moved a bit, Mach. I can't really think of an issue where my position is materially different from where it was 20 years ago, and what little movements have occurred in that time have been more to the left than to the right.

On this subject, my views haven't moved a millimeter since the 1960s. If we'd had the internet in 1968, I'd have posted the same thing then.
03-02-2010 09:26 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(03-02-2010 06:10 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  
Why is the faculty leftist to begin with, and if they're actually that smart, why would brainwashing work?

Academia is pretty much a closed-loop system that perpetuates itself. A PhD in, say, sociology has probably never actually DONE anything--except, of course, teach and write (for publications where the peer reviewers are of the same leftist mindset, because they've pretty much never actually DONE anything, either). If real-world experience were included as a requirement to teach, along with the ubiquitous PhD, we'd have a very different edocational system.

As for the students, they're trying to make an "A" and the way to do that is to regurgitate the brainwashing on the test. Some students remember to forget all that once their grade is posted; some don't.
03-02-2010 09:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.