Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Smoltz
Bookmark and Share
MemphisTiger15 Offline
Banned

I Root For: an AAC 'ship
Smoltz
released outright by "the 2nd place team in the wild card" Red Sox. According to blow hard idiot BoSox fan Peter Gammons, he may be headed to many of ya'lls beloved St Louis Cardinals. Thoughts???
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2009 06:02 PM by MemphisTiger15.)
08-17-2009 06:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

umim Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
RE: Smoltz
(08-17-2009 06:01 PM)MemphisTiger15 Wrote:  released outright by "the 2nd place team in the wild card" Red Sox. According to blow hard idiot BoSox fan Peter Gammons, he may be headed to many of ya'lls beloved St Louis Cardinals. Thoughts???

The Cardinals could use an experienced reliever down the streatch (and possible spot starter). If they can get Smoltz for pro-rated salary (or something similar) they should do it. I guess Boston gave up on him, but this is the same Boston team that gave up on Lugo, for Duncan. Here's to another Cardinals - Yankees Series.
08-17-2009 06:44 PM
TigerEye Offline
Das Tigerauge

I Root For: Tigers/Grizz
I'll take it.
08-17-2009 06:53 PM
TiggerFan Offline
See Ya, Albert

I Root For: US NAVY

Donators
ya'lls?
I'm sure Smoltzie would consider it an honor to don the uniform of a team that has won and will win a World Series without doped up players.
St. Louis = Baseball Heaven.
08-17-2009 07:05 PM
MemphisTiger15 Offline
Banned

Yeah, cuz Vince Coleman, Darell Porter, and Keith Hernandez werent coked up or anything while playing for STL. Surprised they didnt try to sniff the 1st and 3rd base lines.

Oh and lets not forget McGwire--- need I say more?
08-17-2009 08:03 PM
TigerEye Offline
Das Tigerauge

I Root For: Tigers/Grizz
A-Roid.
08-17-2009 08:07 PM
Advertisement

MemphisTiger15 Offline
Banned

Difference b/t Arod and Big Mac is Arod was man enough to admit it. McGwire made a fool of himself by going to DC and refusing to answer questions under oath. Oh, and the next person ARod passes on the all time HR list is McGwire.
08-17-2009 08:15 PM
georgiatiger Offline
Axel

I Root For: Everyone
Donators
(08-17-2009 08:03 PM)MemphisTiger15 Wrote:  Yeah, cuz Vince Coleman, Darell Porter, and Keith Hernandez werent coked up or anything while playing for STL. Surprised they didnt try to sniff the 1st and 3rd base lines.

Yes. You could have mentioned more than one player in the modern era.
08-17-2009 08:22 PM
TiggerFan Offline
See Ya, Albert

I Root For: US NAVY

Donators
(08-17-2009 08:03 PM)MemphisTiger15 Wrote:  Yeah, cuz Vince Coleman, Darell Porter, and Keith Hernandez werent coked up or anything while playing for STL. Surprised they didnt try to sniff the 1st and 3rd base lines.

You got me. They Jankees were clean in the 80s. As were the Cowboys. Of course, they didn't win sh!t so I guess that somehow justifies your argument. GMAFB.
And there is the 90's Cowboys, who were in church every Sunday. Or the drug / whorehouse next door to the practice facility. America's team!!!! If God was looking down through that hole in Texas Stadium, some Cowboys bees in trouble.
08-17-2009 08:34 PM
cwise Offline
That's what she said....

I Root For: Memphis
Smoltz will undoubtedly win game 7 of the NLCS out of the pen for either LA or StL and send the Braves home for the winter. Book it, Dan-o.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2009 11:06 PM by cwise.)
08-17-2009 11:06 PM
homefry20 Offline
Pay Me at This Window

I Root For: Rationality
Smoltz would be a great fit for STL. He could try to become the 5th starter right now since we dont have one and hes familiar with a lot of the hitters that STL faces. He will be available for the prorated salary according to ESPN with the BoSox picking up the rest of the tab.

And to comment on an earlier post. Mark McGwire tested positive only for a substance that was not on the banned list (Andro) until after he retired. He folded in front of Congress but that holds little weight to me in their reenactment of the Salem Witchcraft Trials they are attempting. And they need to either release that whole damn "anonymous" list of positive tests or someone needs to sue based on defamation of character. The leaking of names like that is illegal and made under false pretenses. You cant tell people you are trying to figure out the percentage of players using PEDs and that your test is anonymous and only statistical and promise immunity and sealed records and then tell everyone after the fact. As much as I dont agree with using PEDs, I truly wish a player would sue the federal government on slander and defamation charges. Although they likely wont win, they can prove a point. **** the "Mitchell Report"

And to add some comedy. As Samuel L. Jackson said on the ESPYs, "I dont have a problem with steroids. I, myself, am a fan of 700 foot home runs and 95 yard field goals."
08-18-2009 06:27 PM
Advertisement

Tiger.J Offline
Stay optimistic

I think Smoltz can def. be a nice addition to the bullpen along with some possible spot starts. He's also going to be working with the best pitching coach in baseball (Dave Duncan) he could and should be an upgrade to the pitching staff. Posting a 0.64 ERA through 2 innings of work makes him much more valuable through the bullpen, but I'm willing to see what he can produce, not to mention the leadership he can add.
08-19-2009 09:29 AM
tigernole79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kool-Aid
IF St. Louis picks up Smoltz, I become a limited Cards fan.

He was my favorite pitcher at Atlanta and they were my favorite team. I don't watch baseball anymore, but would watch the playoff if he were on a team.

You are right about the leadership, he is a team player for sure.
08-19-2009 09:36 AM
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

(08-17-2009 07:05 PM)TiggerFan Wrote:  ya'lls?
I'm sure Smoltzie would consider it an honor to don the uniform of a team that has won and will win a World Series without doped up players.
St. Louis = Baseball Heaven.

didnt rick ankiel use hgh

http://thesteroidera.blogspot.com/2007/0...rowth.html
08-19-2009 11:40 AM
Tiger.J Offline
Stay optimistic

All of these people fail to understand that a lot of these players tested for growth hormones/andro etc when they WERE NOT ILLEGAL substances...is it hard to get your facts straight? Quit being lemmings and agreeing with everything put on ESPN
08-19-2009 11:55 AM
Jenkz Offline
All American

Dude...your team shares other grown men's underwear.
08-19-2009 12:27 PM
Advertisement

poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

I Root For: CHY-NAH

Donators
John Smoltz, what's he like...45? I could hit him.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2009 01:19 PM by poppaslaw.)
08-19-2009 01:18 PM
UMTiger02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers & Uggla
I'm still a Braves fan, so seeing Smoltzie in a Cards uniform will sting a bit. I didn't mind that he went to Boston since they are an AL team. I would've pulled for him if he stayed there. That being said. The Cardinals WILL NOT win the World Series. When you trot out any of those other pitchers (not named Wainwright or Carpenter) out there against the AL lineups you don't have a chance. There's no dominant team in the NL. The only team I see that could compete with the Yanks/Rangers/Red Sox would be Philadelphia. And that's because of their ability to put up runs. Even though Stl upgraded with the addition of Holliday behind Pujols. There's still outs in that lineup that you can get by pitching around those two. I'm afraid the AL will win it again, as much as I hate the AL
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2009 01:30 PM by UMTiger02.)
08-19-2009 01:30 PM
Jake Fury Offline
1st String

I Root For: Mtown Tigers
Don't expect smoltz to be anything but "just okay" at best. Expect him to give up some runs. This isn't 1996.

I used to be the biggest John Smoltz fan in the world, then I started working for the Braves. Let me quote Drive by Truckers when I say, "There's lots of bad wood underneath the veneer."

He just struck me as a selfish, self-centered ballplayer.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2009 05:00 PM by Jake Fury.)
08-19-2009 04:21 PM
homefry20 Offline
Pay Me at This Window

I Root For: Rationality
Smoltz is going to become the fifth starter and could be the best fifth starter in the league. If he doesnt work out there then he'll be a great addition for the bullpen which needs another righty. The cards got him for nothing. As on of my buddies said earlier:

"They got him for the prorated league minimum. I dont care if he sits in the clubhouse, eats sunflower seeds, and takes multiple ****s all day. This is the major league equivalent of the guy that got traded for a dozen wooden bats a couple years ago in single-A
08-19-2009 04:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.