Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hey.. this has good you-tube potential
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Hey.. this has good you-tube potential
John McCain has a tough decision to make. Will he denounce Rush Limbaugh and the Republican National Committee? Limbaugh for his incredible insensitivity in using the issue of Sarah Palin's son having Down Syndrome to attack Barack Obama, and the RNC for thinking that it had potential?

Conservative radio commentator Rush Limbaugh boosted Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's pro-life position and mocked Barack Obama on his radio show yesterday with a make-believe riff in which Obama asked Palin "When you found out your baby would be born with Down syndrome, did you consider killing it before or after the due date?"

Limbaugh's "humor" caught the fancy of the Republican National Committee, which, in an internal e-mail, proposed using the bit in a YouTube clip.

The e-mail, which was sent to RNC Communications Director Danny Diaz, and mistakenly to a Tribune reporter, was titled "wow...good YouTube potential..."

Will McCain denounce this? Or is this just another thing that he "can't control"?

Can you imagine these guys sitting around. Hey maybe we can make something of her retarded kid? This is as low as it goes. Can't they see that this is a horribly sensitive and PERSONAL issue? It's like the Teri Schiavo situation on steroids. The RNC needs to take a good luck in the mirror. Using a Down's Baby for political points. In my opinion a normal family could NEVER have the mother out of the house with five children. The RNC is out of touch.
08-30-2008 03:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Hey.. this has good you-tube potential
Keep reaching.
08-30-2008 09:46 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Machiavelli Offline

I was just reading the National Review's corner hoping somebody from the right would be upset about it. Acccording to one of their bloggers 90% of families abort a child with down's. I really don't see how this helps tehm with middle America. From getting to know you these past couple of years I think you are pro-choice Kev. I would guess we have a plurality on here. Where the majority is conservative. I really can't see where that thinking helps McCain other than the extreme right wing who would vote for McCain anyways. I could be wrong and I do understand how sensitive and personal this is to people. That's exactly why I think it should be out of govt's hands. One conservative pro-choice blogger blogger did give me hope though. He made a convincing argument on how Roe vs. Wade wouldn't end the right to choose but your state would decide. If you didn't live in Utah or the South you'd still be ok.
08-30-2008 10:45 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
I'm not pro-choice past a point. I'm not for aborting a child when there's a heartbeat and brain function. Before that, it's not my business. I care about innocent life. No, I am not one that believes life begins at conception.
08-31-2008 12:22 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Abortion might be wrong but I don't think the government, any government, should tell responsible people what to do with their bodies. If abortions are allowed because of deformities, then who decides when the deformity is severe enough to justify an abortion? Some government bureaucrat who knows nothing about you, your family and your ability to raise a handicapped baby? I think not. Every situation is unique and can't be broadly painted with a single brush stroke and that's why it's a family decision and not a governmental decision.

Go ahead and slam me....
08-31-2008 05:05 PM
Machiavelli Offline

smn...

I totally agree with you. It's the social conservatives that make the big deal about it and the Rove's of the world love the politics of it. I'm sickened by it.
08-31-2008 05:59 PM
SouthGAEagle Offline
Overzealous Admin

I Root For: Mercer & USM

SkunkworksDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesSurvivor Champion
Machiavelli Wrote:Can you imagine these guys sitting around. Hey maybe we can make something of her retarded kid? This is as low as it goes.

So, lemme see if I got this right? In Mach's eyes:

Pointing out that if the Obamas were in the Palins' shoes, they would've aborted the child = as low as it goes.

Dragging Sarah Palin and her son and daughter through the dirt hoping you can make something stick = A-OK.
09-01-2008 12:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.