Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WAC could have had 3 teams in top 30
Bookmark and Share
MINER51 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Just imagine what the WAC would look like with BSU, FSU and UTEP rated in pre-season top 30 by most publications!

It really is too bad things couldn't be worked out! :mad: :mad: :mad:
06-16-2005 10:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

clpack Offline
1st String

I Root For: Nevada

IMO, UTEP wouldn't be rated as high if all three teams were in the same conference. Many expect them to win CUSA, but those same people would expect them to finish third in the WAC and thus would drop them in their rankings.

I don't mean to imply I don't think UTEP could compete with BSU and FSU -- I haven't really gave it much thought -- but just think that's how it would play out in preseason rankings.

Regardless, it's coulda-woulda-shoulda, water-under-the-bridge, and all that stuff. UTEP has their course, and it's a different one than the WAC teams. Good luck on your journey.
06-16-2005 11:45 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU

By that same token who has Boise State beat, really? I know they have won 12 games the last few years but all they have really done is beat an army of weaklings. Same deal with Marshall a few years ago when they were in the top 25 after the move to D1a. I suppose it is a good stratagey to get you in the top 25, but it is hard to respect it IMO. Fresno atleast plays the big boys and beats them. "Anytime anywhere" is better IMO.

I watched Boise a few times in the last few years, they are good, but I don't know that they really are a top 25 team.
06-16-2005 12:26 PM
UTEPDallas Online
Heisman

I Root For: UTEP/Penn State

Agree. The WAC led by UTEP, Boise, Fresno, Hawaii and Nevada could've been great conference. Look at last year. Let's say LTU went to C-USA instead of UTEP...the WAC would be a true Western conference. Add NMSU :snore: , USU and then you have two rising FB programs and good hoops tradition. The only question marks are SJSU and Idaho, but still they have the potential to improve. Too bad it didn't work that way, it'd have been great. The WAC will always be known as the conference where their top 3 schools want to leave. Anyway, I agree with the Nevada fan.....there's nothing we can do now. Good luck guys and I'll always root for the WAC....specially when playing against the evil MWC.

Just for thoughts:

Football:

Boise State (Top 25)
UTEP (Top 25)
Fresno State (Top 25)
Hawaii (30-42)
Nevada (45-50)

Basketball:

UTEP (Top 25)
Nevada (Top 25)
Utah State (Top 25)
Fresno State (26-35)
New Mexico State (50-70)
06-16-2005 12:40 PM
sdbronco Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Boise State

"By that same token who has Boise State beat, really? I know they have won 12 games the last few years but all they have really done is beat an army of weaklings. Same deal with Marshall a few years ago when they were in the top 25 after the move to D1a. I suppose it is a good stratagey to get you in the top 25, but it is hard to respect it IMO. Fresno atleast plays the big boys and beats them. "Anytime anywhere" is better IMO.

I watched Boise a few times in the last few years, they are good, but I don't know that they really are a top 25 team. "

you must be still jonesing for another hit on the crack pipe.
Until this year Boise had to use an OOC game every year against Idaho (mandated)

Boise's OOC opponents last year were better than Fresno's, Not bigger names but better teams. UW and K state sucked last year.

What school are you a fan of Jones?

Boise plays the best compitition it can get. What else can it do?
06-16-2005 12:52 PM
MondoMiner Offline
Adelantado and Captain-General

I Root For: Los Mineros

UTEPDallas Wrote:Agree. The WAC led by UTEP, Boise, Fresno, Hawaii and Nevada could've been great conference. Look at last year. Let's say LTU went to C-USA instead of UTEP...the WAC would be a true Western conference. Add NMSU :snore: , USU and then you have two rising FB programs and good hoops tradition. The only question marks are SJSU and Idaho, but still they have the potential to improve. Too bad it didn't work that way, it'd have been great. The WAC will always be known as the conference where their top 3 schools want to leave. Anyway, I agree with the Nevada fan.....there's nothing we can do now. Good luck guys and I'll always root for the WAC....specially when playing against the evil MWC.

Just for thoughts:

Football:

Boise State (Top 25)
UTEP (Top 25)
Fresno State (Top 25)
Hawaii (30-42)
Nevada (45-50)

Basketball:

UTEP (Top 25)
Nevada (Top 25)
Utah State (Top 25)
Fresno State (26-35)
New Mexico State (50-70)
I agree it would've been a very tough conference (still is), but the WAC will never get the recognition it deserves. I will always be a WAC fan, but I think UTEP made the right decision, as UTEP's growth potential is greater in CUSA (because of recruiting, exposure, and TV/Bowl/tourney $$$03-wink. JMHO.

Still, my heart will always be with the WAC, and I hope the current teams will continue to make it stronger, and that the perception of the WAC will be accurate. Unfortunately, I think because we were the teams "left behind", it will be difficult to overcome that perception, except with domination on the field.
06-16-2005 12:56 PM
Advertisement

StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

For one Boise fans you could keep playing a big dog like Arkansas (every year) maybe two big dogs every year, and keep a solid regional game like Oregon State. Marshall was on the same plan as you and eventually started playing more than one toughy a year or every other year. You guys are at the point now at Boise State you better start doing that to or people will not really respect around the nation. You got peoples attention in the last 3 or 4 years, and you got teams that can compete with the name teams. Now it's time to play the big boys with all of the OOC, because the WAC will provide enough winnable games and bowl options. Idaho is in the WAC so you can't play that excuse and we also are getting a 12th game.

(BTW I am an East Carolina University alum just lurking around. big College football fan)

Our motto at ECU has always been “anyone anywhere anytime
06-16-2005 02:27 PM
gaard Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

StillJonesing Wrote:For one Boise fans you could keep playing a big dog like Arkansas (every year) maybe two big dogs every year, and keep a solid regional game like Oregon State. Marshall was on the same plan as you and eventually started playing more than one toughy a year or every other year. You guys are at the point now at Boise State you better start doing that to or people will not really respect around the nation.  You got peoples attention in the last 3 or 4 years, and you got teams that can compete with the name teams. Now it's time to play the big boys with all of the OOC, because the WAC will provide enough winnable games and bowl options. Idaho is in the WAC so you can't play that excuse and we also are getting a 12th game.
We got Arkansas scheduled since their head coach was at BSU prior to his taking the job at Arkansas. Our future games scheduled with Pac10 teams may be in jeopardy since they will be playing a full schedule with the rest of their conference mates when they go to 12 games and they need to get one off their schedule. Our AD is doing what he can, but we can't sacrifice scheduling at least 6 home games unless we want to forget about stadium expansion. We can't play teams that won't schedule us.
06-16-2005 02:37 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

gaard Wrote:
StillJonesing Wrote:For one Boise fans you could keep playing a big dog like Arkansas (every year) maybe two big dogs every year, and keep a solid regional game like Oregon State. Marshall was on the same plan as you and eventually started playing more than one toughy a year or every other year. You guys are at the point now at Boise State you better start doing that to or people will not really respect around the nation.  You got peoples attention in the last 3 or 4 years, and you got teams that can compete with the name teams. Now it's time to play the big boys with all of the OOC, because the WAC will provide enough winnable games and bowl options. Idaho is in the WAC so you can't play that excuse and we also are getting a 12th game.
We got Arkansas scheduled since their head coach was at BSU prior to his taking the job at Arkansas. Our future games scheduled with Pac10 teams may be in jeopardy since they will be playing a full schedule with the rest of their conference mates when they go to 12 games and they need to get one off their schedule. Our AD is doing what he can, but we can't sacrifice scheduling at least 6 home games unless we want to forget about stadium expansion. We can't play teams that won't schedule us.
I think there are plenty of big time teams that would love a shot at you on their turf. Maybe play 3 for 1's. That has to to be better than playing Portland State or Weber State.

Last year Fresno played Kansas State and Washington. You schedule these games years in advance so they thought they would be playing top notch teams. I put more stock in those wins than say Bowling Green myself as do most people even though Bowling Green may have the better team.

I am sure you guys thought BYU would be a better team last year as well. Georgia this year should be a nice showcase for you to see what you are really made of. I just don't put much credence into beating up on Oregon State as your "marquee" win.

Good win but not great to hang your hat on. You got to play the big boys before you can beat them. If Fresno can just play with USC this year they will get more respect than if they kick the $hit out of a team like Toledo that is always solid and around the top 25 IMO
06-16-2005 03:04 PM
clpack Offline
1st String

StillJonesing Wrote:
gaard Wrote:
I think there are plenty of big time teams that would love a shot at you on their turf. Maybe play 3 for 1's. That has to to be better than playing Portland State or Weber State.

Last year Fresno played Kansas State and Washington. You schedule these games years in advance so they thought they would be playing top notch teams. I put more stock in those wins than say Bowling Green myself as do most people even though Bowling Green may have the better team.

I am sure you guys thought BYU would be a better team last year as well. Georgia this year should be a nice showcase for you to see what you are really made of. I just don't put much credence into beating up on Oregon State as your "marquee" win.

Good win but not great to hang your hat on. You got to play the big boys before you can beat them. If Fresno can just play with USC this year they will get more respect than if they kick the $hit out of a team like Toledo that is always solid and around the top 25 IMO
Bronco fans certainly don't need help defending their team, but...

The fact that you don't consider Oregon St. a marquee win only speaks to your preconceived ideas, and is an example of how once people get an impression, they tend to cling to it.

Last year finished:

From<a href='http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare.htm' target='_blank'>College Football Ranking Comparison</a>:
#22 Oregon St. (7-5)
#67 Kansas St. (4-7)
#103 Washington (1-10)

Or if you prefer Sagarin's rankings:
#17 Oregon St.
#61 Kansas St.
#108 Washington

Oregon St. WAS a marquee win...much more so than KSU or UW.
06-16-2005 03:35 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

clpack Wrote:
StillJonesing Wrote:
gaard Wrote:

Bronco fans certainly don't need help defending their team, but...

The fact that you don't consider Oregon St. a marquee win only speaks to your preconceived ideas, and is an example of how once people get an impression, they tend to cling to it.

Last year finished:

From<a href='http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare.htm' target='_blank'>College Football Ranking Comparison</a>:
#22 Oregon St. (7-5)
#67 Kansas St. (4-7)
#103 Washington (1-10)

Or if you prefer Sagarin's rankings:
#17 Oregon St.
#61 Kansas St.
#108 Washington

Oregon St. WAS a marquee win...much more so than KSU or UW.
I am just saying they probably scheduled these games years ago, Oregon State was in the crapper until recently and about that time and K.State and Washington were two of the more marquee teams in the nation.

I said Oregon State was a good win it's just not a great win. Anytime that we not in the BCS beat a BCS team it is a good win.

My point is you guys at Boise have been top 15 the last 3 years in the rankings and were winning 8 to 10 games before that, you need to start playing programs like Georgia that are perennial powers or like USC, Washington, K. State (in the 90's) more often, as well as Oregon State which is probably a good regional game against the PAC 10, but they are a perennial bottom tier PAC 10 team. I doubt your AD expected them to be as good as they were this year when they scheduled the game.
06-16-2005 03:55 PM
Advertisement

sdbronco Offline
Bench Warmer

"Our records might not have always been pretty but we earned our national respect by playing these people tough and beating them from time to time."

FYI: Whatever national respect ECU earned in the 90's is gone.

BSU has tried to get the best OOC schedule possible. Cal and Florida ducked us for 06. WSU backed out on a game with us. We are considered too risky for most big boys. They sure as hell don't want to lose to a mid-major at their house.

We have UO and UW on the future slate as of right now.

When we signed the 2 for 2 with Oregon st. they were a pre-season #1.
When we signed a 1-1 with BYU they were a top 25 team.

Like I said before, until this year we were mandated to play Idaho. This coming year is their first in the WAC so we no longer have to use an OOC game on them.

The only reason we have Portland state on the schedule this year is because we had to find a late replacement for WSU.

We play 12 regular season games this year because we go on the road to Hawaii. (gives any team an extra game)

OOC schedule for this year is: @UGA, @OSU, BGSU, and Portland state.

We have OSU and BGSU again next year.

What is ECU's schedule this year? How many games do you expect to win?

As far as 3-1's... I hate to see non-bcs schools whore themselves out like that. It's the main reason that the rest of us can't demand home and homes. It has no virtue.

:)
06-16-2005 04:12 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

People have short memories. We were one of only two teams to have our own individual network TV deal and individual bowl tie in as recently as 1996. We had an individual deal with ESPN and an individual tie in with a fine new years day bowl in the Liberty Bowl. Notre Dame was the only other team BTW with such a deal with NBC and the Gator Bowl FYI. This wasn't just a 1990's deal we were top 20 as far back as 1983 and dominating in the 70's and 60's.

Even in 2000 we won 8 games and beat Texas Tech one of the most consistant Big 12 teams over the years in a Bowl game. As recently as 2001 we were top 25 preseason and went to a bowl, and even in 2002 we beat an 8 win, bowl winner Tulane and a top 25, 10 win TCU team (one Boise State's "marquee" wins).

These last two years in ECU history are a total fluke. We hired a coach that was in way over his head, but fired him and corrected the problem after only 2 years. For example we went 1-11 and the only win over a winnless Army team by 6 points, yet we had 5 guys off that team in the NFL the next season, clearly coaching was the problem not the talent.

We have made many changes every where and have a new and very respected leadership in Athletic Director Terry Holland (who we hired away from Virginia where he was AD:) this year and coach Skip Holtz who is a proven winner as a Head Coach a UConn laying the foundation to where UConn is today. The staff he put together is the best we have ever had. It is on par with SEC and Big 10 staffs. Infact we hired the DC away from Minnesota where he served as the DC the last two years and they have went to two bowl the last two years under his leadership even winning 10 games one of those years.

Our program is still strong, we still averaged well over 30,000 attendance the last two years despite 3 wins in 2 years. For the 1-11 team we pulled over 33,500 a game. This year even with only 2 wins we still were a better draw than you guys at over 30,000. Just 5 years ago we were at 42,000 a game and pulled in as many as 50K for one game. Our program is still very solid despite our recent fall from grace, we have the talent and the coaching should be there this year for a huge turn around.

As far as us doing a 3 for 1 we really don't have to, I was suggesting it to you since you guys at Boise State say people will not play you. We don't have that problem at ECU. I think Miami owes us again at home, NC State and N. Carolina and Virginia will be lining up to come play us at home and away in the next 5 years as well as in state regional draws like Duke and Wake Forrest. Heck when we play teams like Duke and Wake Forrest we have more fans at there places than they do. They are like home games.

As far as our recent OOC schedule

2005 Duke, @Wake Forrest, and @West Virginia
2004 @West Virginia, NC State, and Wake Forrest,
2003 West Virginia, N. Carolina, @Miami and @Wake Forrest.

Miami, Syracuse, North Carolina, NC State, Virginia Tech and West Virginia have all been in Greenville in the last 5 years (BCS teams Duke and Wake Forrest too). Those are no slouch programs, and they signed on when we were winning. I don't understand your excuses, maybe you need a new AD?

The thing is if you actually play teams eventually they will start returning games. We have only played one 1aa team in the last 15-20 years that I remember and it was a regional team William and Mary we drew 40,000 at home for it.

***I think we still have respect and noterity around the nation, and I think the best part is we graduate our players (which is what it is all about) We have been in the top 25 nationally, 2 out of the last 3 years at graduating players. If nothing else respect us for that and that we run a clean program and have never been on probation.

I remember reading in Sports Illistrated where Bosie graduated something like 17% of there players I think worst in the nation just a few years back during one of your 10 win season. I would love to hear about what caused that? Explainations ect.? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Fresno State has been more impressive IMO than Boise State the last few years despite the rankings and win totals.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2023 09:24 PM by StillJonesing.)
06-16-2005 05:38 PM
UTEPDallas Online
Heisman

I Root For: UTEP/Penn State

I know ECU will be our conference mate in 2 weeks....and I support and like ECU all the way but there's no way you can compare East Carolina with Boise State.....BSU is way stronger, more elite, and is the darling of the non BCS. If you match the best ECU team ever vs the best BSU team ever....my money would go to BSU. Like I said before in the C-USA board....ECU is similar to Fresno State in many ways...but I still think FSU is better. Sorry.

Anyway....Go Pirates....Go Broncos..... 03-wink
06-16-2005 05:53 PM
clpack Offline
1st String

StillJonesing Wrote:Even in 2000 we won 8 games and beat Texas Tech one of the most consistant Big 12 teams over the years

2003 West Virginia, N. Carolina, @Miami and @Wake Forrest.
Wow! No ego problems here!

Texas Tech one of the most consistent Big 12 teams? Compared to who? Oklahoma? Nebraska? Texas? OK State? Colorado even? LMAO!!

Duke!?!?! Wake Forest?!?!?! Dude, those teams suck!! WV is usually pretty decent, but NC & NCS usually aren't!

And you were bagging on Oregon St.!! :roflol:
06-16-2005 06:16 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

UTEPDallas Wrote:I know ECU will be our conference mate in 2 weeks....and I support and like ECU all the way but there's no way you can compare East Carolina with Boise State.....BSU is way stronger, more elite, and is the darling of the non BCS. If you match the best ECU team ever vs the best BSU team ever....my money would go to BSU. Like I said before in the C-USA board....ECU is similar to Fresno State in many ways...but I still think FSU is better. Sorry.

Anyway....Go Pirates....Go Broncos..... 03-wink
I agree Fresno is probably a little a head of us, but Boise State has nothing on ECU history, facility or respect wise.

Yeah they are the darlings right now, but that's my whole point. Who have they played and beat of substance? A 7-5 Oregon State team and a top 20 TCU team?? Those are your Marquee wins you are going to hang your hat on?

Heck they have been D1aa for less than 10 years, and who have they really beat???

I think anyone of these ECU teams would handle BS..U easy.

-Our 1983 team had 6 or so NFL draft picks (guys like Ernest Byner and Terry Long) and considered probably the best team ever at ECU. They beat a top 20 Missiouri team and lost to top 20 Florida, Florida State, and eventual National Champs Miami by a total of 13 friggen points in 3 games all on the road. and finished 8-3 and #20 in the nation

-Our 1991 11-1 #9 team in the nation beat two top 15 schools and a top 20 school. (Syracuse, Pitt, and NC State) and also beat Virginia Tech, S. Carolina, and S. Miss that year. They only lost to a bowl team in Illinois by 6 points. Remember guys like Jeff Blake and 1st round draft pick Robert Jones?

-Our 1995 team was 9-3 win finished # 23 in the nation with a win over top 25 teams Syracuse , West Virginia, and Stanford. Our losses were to Tennesee, Illinois, and Cincy

-Our 1996 team went 8-3 and beat a top 10 Miami team in the Orange Bowl 31-6!!! S. Carolina and NC State. We lost to West Virginia, Virginia Tech and Southern Miss.

-Our 1999 team went 9-3 and beat another top 10 Miami team as well as, West Virginia, NC State that year.

-Our 2000 team went 8-4 and beat a ranked Louisville team, a ranked S. Miss team, and programs like Syracuse and Texas Tech. The losses were to teams like Michael Vick led Virginia Tech and West Virginia.

I like BSU but I would love to see them play someone, anyone of substanse before they are handed all this credit. They have beat no ones.

Light weight teams like N. Iowa, Portland State, E. Washington and Idaho State and some of the teams they have all played in the last 5 years!!! Not to mention the Rice's and SMU's and Idaho's. Give ECU, Memphis, or S. Miss heck or most of the Mountain West Conference, teams to play like that and we will be ranked in the top 15 as well.

Give me a break.
06-16-2005 06:33 PM
Advertisement

StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

clpack Wrote:
StillJonesing Wrote:Even in 2000 we won 8 games and beat Texas Tech one of the most consistant Big 12 teams over the years

2003 West Virginia,  N. Carolina, @Miami and @Wake Forrest.
Wow! No ego problems here!

Texas Tech one of the most consistent Big 12 teams? Compared to who? Oklahoma? Nebraska? Texas? OK State? Colorado even? LMAO!!

Duke!?!?! Wake Forest?!?!?! Dude, those teams suck!! WV is usually pretty decent, but NC & NCS usually aren't!

And you were bagging on Oregon St.!! :roflol:
Texas Tech hasn't had a losing season since 1992. The only school in the Big 12 not to have :) So yes I win, they are very consistent.

Wake Forrest is every bit as good as Oregon State recently and history wise are better actually. But that is not why we play them, they are a rival. Admit it Oregon State were the pitts before Erickson, they lost to D1aa teams and have been meritocracy in the PAC ten since. If you want to hang your hat on a 7-5 Oregon State team as the high point in BSU football that's fine by me.

Wake Forrest BTW over the last 4 years while we have been playing them (we didn't play them for a decade before 2001), have averaged almost 6 wins a year and have been to a bowl game and beat the crap out of boys in your neighborhood Oregon (in a bowl 38-17 in 2002) , They have also beat bowl teams like Boston College, Clemson, Purdue, NC State, and UNC in the last 4 years. Not as crappy as you think, there are misconceptions everywhere I guess.

We play them because they are in state kind of how BSU has to play Idaho. Wake or Duke would roll Idoho. NC State has been one of the best teams over the last few years, and UNC is on again and off again bowl games in 2001 and 2004. West Virginia and Miami speak for themselves.
06-16-2005 06:53 PM
sdbronco Offline
Bench Warmer

Currently ECU plays in a conference that currently is no better than the WAC.

BSU has dominated FSU. So if you give them alot of respect, at least respect that.

We are 9-0 against the MWC including TCU. and 30-2 all time in the WAC. I don't think you get that we can only play the teams in our conference and 3 OOC games (one of those has had to be Idaho until they join the WAC) (4 starting next year).

Even good BCS teams are not lining up to play us. I expect UO and UW to buy out their current contracts with us. (I hope they don't)

We can only beat the teams on our schedule and we can only play teams that will schedule us. I don't think we should whore ourselves out and take 3 for 1's even if we can get them.

Our attendence would be much higher if our stadium seated more than 30K (It is almost already sold out for next year). When it is expanded maybe we can bring in better teams to Boise.

16-1 on ESPN will get you some recognition.

Our rankings are what they are (they are not voted on by BSU fans). Voters don't give BSU a break for being in the WAC and over rank us. The computers aren't emotional and who you beat and lose to is factored in. If BSU were 36-3 in the last 3 years in a BCS conference of course BSU would be ranked higher (probably in the top 5). I haven't heard anyone say that we would have the same record in a better conference. As it is we are the only non-bcs school to ever finish in the top 15 for 3 consecutive years.

2004 was not BSU's best team by any means. In 2002 BSU's average margin of victory in the WAC was 37.5 (a record). Yes we should/could be in a better FB conference but again it is out of our control.

We should be a lot better this year than last. Last year BSU was the 2nd youngest team in the country and did pretty well despite that. This year we return 17-18 starters and even more next year.

I don't see what you want to accomplish by trying to put a good and still improving team down.

I'm sure it's just frustration about your Pirate's.

The past is the past, keep living your past glory if you wish. Maybe you can find someone to waste their time and write a big story about how great ECU used to be (past tense)

The Broncos' future is very bright indeed. It is good to be a bronco. 04-cheers
06-16-2005 06:58 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

#1 Jack, look up at the thread I made a comment about BSU and how I felt that they are getting to much credit for beating up on some of the worst schedules in College Football when someone picked on UTEP for playing in CUSA west and how they would be beating up crap teams. (Crap teams we got from the WAC btw)

Some one specifically asked me who was my school was. I didn't bring them up until and when I did someone took a shot at ECU because of our last couple of years. Yeah I got defensive but I didn't come over here looking for a debate and don't have an ego problem.

Just remember a program is more than 3 or 5 years or even 10 years. I think we still have a program you guys haven't even been around for much longer than 5 years.

BTW you never answered to the 17% graduation question I asked. I am sure if we sacrificed our top 25 graduation rates for 17% like you guys we would have some pretty good dumb players that couldn't go anywhere else. You guys are the Marshall of the west maybe you don't cheat like them though.
06-16-2005 07:16 PM
clpack Offline
1st String

Here is where my perspective comes from:

The last three years -- I'd rather not talk about the two years prior to that because they're too depressing, but they wouldn't change this point anyway -- we (Nevada) lost to Fresno by an average of 20.1 pts...not pretty, but compare that to losing to Boise by an average of 42.3 pts!!!

In 2002, we beat a ranked BYU team 31-28, lost @ Washington St. 31-7 and @ Fresno 38-30. We then lost to Boise AT HOME 44-7.

In 2003, we beat Washington IN SEATTLE 28-17, we lost a tough one to Oregon 31-23, and got thumped by Fresno 27-10. We then went to Boise and lost 59-3. I left at halftime with the score 42-0.

Last year, we saw glimmers of improvement, but still lost @ Fresno 54-17 and AT HOME to Boise 58-21!

Yeah, Oregon St. was 7-5 last year...a year in which they lost by one point (a missed extra point at that) to defending champ LSU...when they lost to #1 USC 28-20...when they lost to Boise 55-34. The only team to beat the beavers -- sorry, had to get that one in there 03-wink -- worse than Boise was Cal.

In each of those three years, Boise was hands down the best team I witnessed.
06-16-2005 07:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.