Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Indoctrinate U.
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
Indoctrinate U.
Here is a doc. that needs to find wide distribution:

http://www.indoctrinate-u.com/intro/

the Education industry needs a serious reformation, they also need to lean back towards Classical Education and actually teach people how to think instead of what to think.
05-23-2007 01:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Indoctrinate U.
Orwell, Townshend...all the great minds have warned us about this.

http://www.breakpoint.org/listingarticle.asp?ID=6473
05-23-2007 01:58 PM
DrTorch Offline

05-24-2007 08:49 AM
Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators
From what I have read about Gonzalez, most of his published papers were published before he was at Iowa State, and as all in academia know, Tenure is not something just given out to anyone. Lots of people get denied tenure everyday for a multitude of reasons. Seems like Gonzalez's reason was he didn't live up to what was expected of him.

Link
05-24-2007 09:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DrTorch Offline

Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:From what I have read about Gonzalez, most of his published papers were published before he was at Iowa State, and as all in academia know, Tenure is not something just given out to anyone. Lots of people get denied tenure everyday for a multitude of reasons. Seems like Gonzalez's reason was he didn't live up to what was expected of him.

Link

Well thanks for the follow up info.
05-24-2007 09:11 AM
Advertisement

Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators
I also noticed that some sites are urging people to mail the president to express their disdain for the tenure denial.

I'm not sure that's a good idea. I don't think the president is going to reverse the ruling, and I think it can only hurt Gonzalez's chances at landing another job where tenure is a possibility.

Thoughts on that aspect?
05-24-2007 09:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
DrTorch Wrote:http://www.breakpoint.org/listingarticle.asp?ID=6515

laugh or cry?

03-banghead

Quote:And on his own time, Gonzalez produced A Privileged Planet, a groundbreaking book and documentary film on intelligent design, in which he explains that the earth is uniquely situated to sustain complex life.

I've seen this(the film), pretty good stuff. There is another one, can't think of name, that has all these teachers that aren't allowed to fully teach Darwinism(i.e. show the gapping holes and somethings they use to beleive that were either fabricated or they were wrong on. been awhile since I saw it but I remember a teacher in Seattle that was blackballed over it.
05-24-2007 09:28 AM
DrTorch Offline

Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:I also noticed that some sites are urging people to mail the president to express their disdain for the tenure denial.

I'm not sure that's a good idea. I don't think the president is going to reverse the ruling, and I think it can only hurt Gonzalez's chances at landing another job where tenure is a possibility.

Thoughts on that aspect?

I doubt it will affect his job prospects at all. Assuming the scienceblog write up is true, then you have a talented scientist who isn't ready to lead research. There are TONS of smaller schools who would love to have someone w/ this calibre on their faculty, and his book would be an asset, not a demerit.

No, the letters to the president hurt people's credibility particularly the ID community.
05-24-2007 11:59 AM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
my brother whose in college found this, elementary school propaganda:

http://www.massresistance.org/media/vide...shing.html

I guess all the kids being forced to watch Al Gore isn't all that suprising.

on related not, check out what the Duke Conservative Union did to the 88 Duke Professors, Link

a true Social Disaster
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2007 09:23 AM by GGniner.)
05-25-2007 08:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.