Good series!
04-23-2007 02:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

That's cool. I'd love to see a series between Toledo and Marshall as we had a pretty fierce rivalry going from the late 90's through 2003, but I really can't complain about our future OOC schedules either. BG needs a good home and home like this on their future schedules. Too bad they don't get the home game first though as they have been burned in the past with playing the road game first.
04-23-2007 02:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pulltown Falcon Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I'll believe this game is on the skedule when I see the 2009 skedule.
04-23-2007 03:18 PM
DevilGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:

. . . which, given the current management in your AD's office and in Cleveland, should be almost exactly two years from today.
04-23-2007 03:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MU MIke Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I am all for the series. Bowling Green is a easy drive from Huntington and I think you will see a lot of herd fans driving up for the game. I sure hope it is a better game than the last time we drove up.
04-23-2007 03:48 PM
Papa Lou BSU Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Quote:I think you will see a lot of herd fans driving up for the game.

As opposed to the 150 or so who appeared to make the trip the last time?
04-23-2007 04:41 PM
Advertisement

Jack Burns Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Pulltown, Marshall needs this game. I don't think MU would pull out.

Papa Lou, whats your point?
04-23-2007 05:13 PM
MU MIke Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Papa Lou BSU Wrote:

I was not talking about Ball State going to BG, I was talking about Marshall. There was a lot of Marshall fans at the last game. I know I had 10 in my family and we bought chairback seats on the Marshall side of field.
04-23-2007 05:37 PM
DevilGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:

[Image: awjeez.jpg]
04-23-2007 05:39 PM
Papa Lou BSU Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Quote: was not talking about Ball State going to BG, I was talking about Marshall. There was a lot of Marshall fans at the last game. I know I had 10 in my family and we bought chairback seats on the Marshall side of field.

Funny, that's not what it looked like on television, nor is that what was reported by those who attended the game at the time.

Sheesh. No one around here believes the ridiculous "Marshall travels soooo well" nonsense anymore. Give it up, already.
04-23-2007 05:47 PM
Shrakk Offline
I bleed midnight blue

I Root For: Toledo Rockets!

Papa Lou BSU Wrote:
Quote: was not talking about Ball State going to BG, I was talking about Marshall. There was a lot of Marshall fans at the last game. I know I had 10 in my family and we bought chairback seats on the Marshall side of field.

Funny, that's not what it looked like on television, nor is that what was reported by those who attended the game at the time.

Sheesh. No one around here believes the ridiculous "Marshall travels soooo well" nonsense anymore. Give it up, already.

I thought they traveled here pretty well
04-23-2007 06:06 PM
Advertisement

Jack Burns Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

http//www.bsufans.com/
04-23-2007 06:48 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

Shrakkrocket Wrote:
Papa Lou BSU Wrote:

I thought they traveled here pretty well

They did travel pretty well to Toledo for our couple of games we played in Toledo. 2000 regular season had a great crowd of over 30K, I think around 34K, and Marshall had several sections of fans. Then in the 2001 MACC Game they brought a decent showing for a weekday evening game in early December.
04-23-2007 09:19 PM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators

Papa Lou BSU Wrote:

MAC fan talking away game...well ANY attendance smack.

lmfao
04-23-2007 09:27 PM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators

Papa Lou BSU Wrote:

Some things NEVER change.

MARSHALL!!!! MARSHALL!!!! MARSHALL!!!!!
03-weeping 03-weeping 03-weeping
04-23-2007 09:28 PM
MU MIke Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

rocketfootball Wrote:They did travel pretty well to Toledo for our couple of games we played in Toledo. 2000 regular season had a great crowd of over 30K, I think around 34K, and Marshall had several sections of fans. Then in the 2001 MACC Game they brought a decent showing for a weekday evening game in early December.

We had a great time tailgating in Toledo even if we got our butts kicked in the game. I remember one of the games as being so cold and the wind blowing like crazy. The beating Byron took up there one year was almost as bad as the beating BYU's quarterback took in Motor Coty Bowl.
04-23-2007 09:33 PM
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Sweet.

This feels like 2003 all over again 03-wink
04-23-2007 09:47 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

The Knight Time Wrote:Sweet.

This feels like 2003 all over again 03-wink

This crap was going on long before UCF joined the MidWest Conference. ;-)
04-23-2007 09:58 PM
IULurker Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Shouldn't you Marshall fans be on your own board ripping Rice and SMU for their attendance or at least bragging about your 6th place finish in football? :shhh:
04-24-2007 05:44 AM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

This is a good series, and I'm glad to have it. As Rocketfootball noted, we could use some good home-and-homes.

(We *had* some good home-and-homes, but this thread is already unhinged enough without more griping by Falcon fans about the fact that we aren't hosting Boise State this year).

As far as attendance -- I was at the last Marshall-Bowling Green game. The Herd travelled well. It wasn't shock and awe, or anything, but they had a very solid contingent there.

(And, as an aside, if we could just get past how well certain Herd fans claimed to travel, we'd have to admit that they did travel quite well. They have good football fans in that town).

Now, don't get me wrong, Herd fans were quiet that day.

[Image: scoreboard.JPG]

:)

But they did represent.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. These games were always good, even when the Falcons were down in the late '90s. And I never did see a game in Huntington; maybe I'll finally get that chance.

If Marshall wants to do another home and home in 2011 and 2012, I say sign us up.
04-24-2007 06:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.