Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

EA Sports NCAA Football 2005
Bookmark and Share
ARod Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Hey SBC brethren,
From what I hear from MaXx (my fellow FIU Fan), FIU and FAU are included in the new EA Sports NCAA Football 2005. Not sure yet whether they are classified as I-AA or in I-A and in the SBC. He stated that we could always remove the teams that are exiting to make room for FAU/FIU. In any case, we have arrived (at least digitally) 04-cheers
07-08-2004 10:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaXx Offline
2nd String

I Root For: FIU

Yep, and we look pretty good:

[Image: FIUncaa05.jpg]

Both FIU and FAU are included in the I-A independants.
07-11-2004 02:14 AM
GeForce2 Offline
Bench Warmer

Wow look at all the first team 1-A independent all americans we have :D . Hopefully that will become true in the near future.
07-12-2004 12:02 PM
studentfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

Someone did a lot of gun slinging in their type of offense! :laugh:
07-12-2004 09:47 PM
Advertisement

Trojans1andAll Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Troy

Not meaning to hijack your thread, but someone told me that they still had Troy listed as a I-A independent, is this this true? If so I'm not buying it.

GO TROJANS!
07-13-2004 12:01 AM
MaXx Offline
2nd String

Trojans1andAll Wrote:Not meaning to hijack your thread, but someone told me that they still had Troy listed as a I-A independent, is this this true? If so I'm not buying it.

GO TROJANS!
I haven't heard anything about that. EA is pretty good about that sort of thing, I'd think you guys would be in the Sun Belt already.
07-13-2004 07:36 AM
Gakusei Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas

Troy is in the Sun Belt for the game. As far as moving teams around for 2005, the game doesn't have the changes for that season programmed into it.
07-13-2004 12:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ARod Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

My first impressions are in after having the pleasure of picking up the game today and playing with it for a couple of hours. I was able to choose FIU as my favorite team which means that every time you turn on the system, you have the pictures of the players running and the logo in the background. The logo is dead on and it is displayed in the middle of the field; unlike the real field (and I think it looks much better)! The endzones are a bit disappointing because they only have plain white letters that say FIU w/o any colors present in the endzone. But whatever. The Cage is pretty good looking, except the endzone bleachers are not present. Instead, they are replaced with angled hills with fans sitting on them and cheering. They do have tents in the background (endzone) to simulate the Alumni Tent which is pretty cool. But I think the whole stadium setup is generic for all I-AA teams because I played at a very similar when playing against Youngstown State. The stadium is similar to ours because it has a track around it and is close to the stands. The cool feature is that the schedule is dead on (which means that the new I-AA teams that are added include all the teams that FIU play against) except for the Jacksonville Dolphins which are classified as a generic I-AA Southeast team (however it's pretty funny that their team has the same colors (Green & White). The helmets are pretty cool except that the logo is a little bit different (imagine FIU spelled out in Times New Roman text and put on a helmet). I really like that when choosing FIU, they have included FAU as a rivalry game! This really brings the fans out to fill up the stadium. I have NOT seen FAU's stadium yet, but our stadium is called FIU Community Stadium and is located in Miami (like the real thing). The coach favors Coach Strock. You can put a visor on him in the options menu. The fans are really cool with painted faces and FIU logo shirts on. I haven't had the chance to play a dynasty game just yet and I haven't been able to see all of our opponents just yet. But I do know that they are included from McNeese State, Western Kentucky, FAMU, FAU, and Georgia Southern to Stephen F. Austin, etc. The team is not without it's glitches which include a terrible kicker who couldn't score if his life depended on it (so you will have to boost up the players ratings like ASAP). The players do look like the real team (well, as close as the game could get) from Nick Turnbull #21 to Jamie Burke #13. All you need to do is rename them. There is also a feature that frustrates an opponent when playing in places like the Orange Bowl due to the fans screaming. Makes you salivate for a bigger stadium at University Park to get the same effect. The announcers even say our school name and FAU is identified by this logo: [Image: FAU-web1.gif]
Overall, the game is a big improvement from those of the past and is worth buying if buying for FIU/FAU alone. I haven't discovered all of the features just yet but will update you when I do. You'll be pretty satisfied and it will make you proud to be a student or alum when you see the school logo.

P.S. Maybe other members could share their perspective with us all to give a different point of view.... 04-cheers :laugh: :D :laugh: :D
07-13-2004 06:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.