HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only

Who is the leader?
08-12-2004 08:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I continue to cross my fingers for Scott Barnes being the selection.
08-12-2004 08:31 AM
Quote this message in a reply
dawgs gone wild Offline
1st String

I Root For:

anyone know the ages of the three candidates?

While much can be said of youth and energy, I revert to one of many reasons why JoeN brought stability to NIU football. He was at an age in his chosen career when one is not looking ahead and sees NIU as a stepping stone to the next opportuntiy. Perhaps same may be said for an AD.

If all qualties are relatively equal on balance , I would prefer the "seasoned" candidate who really wants to be at NIU for a minimum of 7-10 years. It will take that long to accomplish several of the goals expressed eleswhere.
08-12-2004 08:48 AM
COHUSKIE Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU/ColoState

GOD lets all hope for the sake of the program it is not Scott Barnes....
08-12-2004 11:54 AM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only

Any particular insight that you want to share? Why are the other two candidates so much better?
08-12-2004 12:04 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

HuskieJ Wrote:Any particular insight that you want to share? Why are the other two candidates so much better?
I think the real question is why does everyone want scott barnes. I for one happen to think that anyone of the three will do well here at NIU, they take on a school that wants to grow its programs it just wasn't sure how to raise the money, but with carey gone I think this new AD will show us all the potential NIU has.
08-12-2004 12:09 PM
93Huskie Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

The AD is only as strong as the University leadership (John Peters, Eddie Williams) wants it to be!!! If John Peters and Eddie Williams are behind ($$$$ and management control) the Athletic Department all 3 candidates could be successful.

Word is from the football office and inside the athletic department . . . Kevin Anderson (Oregon State) is the top candidate.
08-12-2004 12:29 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

93Huskie Wrote:The AD is only as strong as the University leadership (John Peters, Eddie Williams) wants it to be!!! If John Peters and Eddie Williams are behind ($$$$ and management control) the Athletic Department all 3 candidates could be successful.

Word is from the football office and inside the athletic department . . . Kevin Anderson (Oregon State) is the top candidate.
Here is a question regarding the top 3, is there anyone of the top three that people would be unhappy with? And if so why?
08-12-2004 12:35 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

93Huskie Wrote:The AD is only as strong as the University leadership (John Peters, Eddie Williams) wants it to be!!!  If John Peters and Eddie Williams are behind ($$$$ and management control) the Athletic Department all 3 candidates could be successful.

My guess - but not my top choice - was that it would be Anderson. If he is the choice, I wonder what made him stand out over the other two candidates. I can't wait to read all about the selection in next week's Tribune and Sun-Times. I am certain they will feature nice articles about the new AD. :rolleyes:
08-12-2004 12:42 PM
chihuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Anderson has been my guy from the outset. He comes from a program that has had some success. He has been involved in raising funds for significant stadium upgrades in an area not overflowing with money. It's kinda like the not too hot, not too cold analogy - he seems just right for us.

Also, if you look at HOW the OSU stadium renovations are being financed I think you will see a lot of innovation. They are not relying on any one source, but creating many different opportunities to raise the needed funds. I think we will need that kind of innovation.

I hope it's true he is the leader.
08-12-2004 12:53 PM
Advertisement

gcd Offline
All American

I Root For:

Eddie Williams is the biggest detrement to athletics on that campus. The encourageing thing would be if he is entirely out of the picture. He wanted to be Pres. This guy is a real negative.
08-12-2004 01:31 PM
gcd Offline
All American

I Root For:

Anderson may be in the hunt for the IU AD job. They have had an acting ad for 2 years.
08-12-2004 01:32 PM
93Huskie Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

The latest . . . Jim Phillips (Notre Dame) wants the Indiana job . . . Kevin Anderson (Oregon State) wants the NIU job . . . Judson wants Phillips - and Novak wants Anderson . . . who does President Peters want? The writing on the wall seems to be Phillips, otherwise Anderson would all ready be hired. Stay tuned :rolleyes:
08-12-2004 02:46 PM
WazzuHuskie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

If someone would rather be at IU then why should NIU take him. That worries me...a lot.

The guy from OSU or EWU are the guys to get. Nothing in the local papers out here about Barnes leaving for NIU. I like the idea of a West Coast guy coming in, shake things up a little. Either one would bring a different attitude.
08-12-2004 02:55 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Who exactly are your sources? I have hard time believing this "insight." I find it very hard to believe that either President Peters, Rob Judson or Joe Novak has spouted off (if even "off the record") for who they think is best candidate for the job. You just don't do that type of thing when all three are still offically in the running.

Jim Phillips is absolutely the worst choice of the three for the job. The parallels between Notre Dame and NIU are zilch. Plus Phillips has served in only a narrow role at ND. A disaster waiting to happen at NIU.

There is screaming logic for Scott Barnes. Please let him be the selection, absent of major skeletons in his closet.
08-12-2004 02:56 PM
Advertisement

gcd Offline
All American

I Root For:

you have that backwards. IU is interested in Anderson, Coach liked them all. He was only able to meet Anderson face to face because of the MAC meetings
08-12-2004 03:16 PM
gcd Offline
All American

I Root For:

I like Phillips because he went to Weber HS and u of i. I like local mid west people for NIU. I think Barnes is out. Heard there was an issue with him. He may have pulled out. The plus is that any one of three would hsvre been good.
08-12-2004 03:20 PM
dawgs gone wild Offline
1st String

I Root For:

After re-reading short bios in Chronicle of all three candidates, seems like on paper -which is most of what anyone has - they all seem to have backgrounds(wide and deep) to do a good job.

Phillips has links to Chiccago area but is pursuing his doctorate - maybe a time distraction -?-

Does Anderson only have a bachelor's in poly sci despite business mgmnt executive training credentials ? He played football in college. He was also a candidate recently at URhode Island.
08-12-2004 03:29 PM
gcd Offline
All American

I Root For:

by the way, my source id from IU
08-12-2004 03:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.