ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: ***The Official Memphis vs Temple Basketball Thread***
(01-16-2023 09:08 AM)Browning Hall Wrote:  
(01-15-2023 10:41 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  
(01-15-2023 10:16 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  
(01-15-2023 10:04 PM)mempho_to_diego Wrote:  
(01-15-2023 09:55 PM)jsw3ent Wrote:  So he changed the play----disobeyed the coach----again hope there is not any dissension on the team--------at least he didn't shoot 38 times this game-----------and he did have a great game and even shot over 50%-------but I worry about team morale with his hero ball----------I wonder what coach Norman Dale would do

You know, when a QB calls an audible?

Lighten up.

Exactly

What if he had missed the shot and same information came out later. You would be on here chewing him a new ******* for disobeying penny.

Can't let the fact that he hit the shot change the fact that he took it upon himself to change the play.

I’m going with the presumption that once they saw what the defense was going to do, Davis opted for plan B. Isn’t there always a plan B? “Hardaway drew up a play that accounted for the likelihood that Temple would be focused on Davis. I’m no X and Os guy, but that Temple defender appears ready to intercept DeAndre as he “slips towards the basket.”

[Image: 44970-BE6-E833-4-BD8-9-CF1-6-EB7-D81949-A0.png]

I see the play perfectly set up as planned.

Williams was setting the screen on the elbow.

The baseline defender on the bottom was sealed off.

The baseline defender on top was clearing out to try to get to Davis.

This was leaving the lane wide open for Williams to roll off the screen to the basket with no one between him and the basket.
01-16-2023 01:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***The Official Memphis vs Temple Basketball Thread*** - ncrdbl1 - 01-16-2023 01:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.