Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Head Coach PREDICTION Thread
Bookmark and Share
dave108 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: cincy
RE: New Head Coach PREDICTION Thread
(11-30-2022 07:18 AM)mac6115cd Wrote:  
(11-30-2022 05:40 AM)Dannyboy Wrote:  Assuming Urban is off the table, I hope we take someone young and on the way up. If he’s successful and leaves in 3 years, who cares? They all leave. Success is what you want.

UC has the opportunity to move from a coaching "stepping stone" to "destination" and it starts with THIS hire.

We need an established coach, not an "up and comer". Someone who will stay and take this program into the Big12 and make it championship caliber. Not just polish their resume so they can move on.

i tend to agree. post TT, when CLF came onboard, uc needed a (re)builder. today is a different dynamic. You need to go big, to keep current kids and commits from leaving en masse. you need to go big, as coming off of the playoff bid, and going into the B12, you're no longer a second rate, G5 school that nobody, nationally, gives a **** about.

i get that uc may wind up going the "young guy" route, but, i really think that'll will be something of a step back. not to say it couldn't work out, but, why take the risk, if you don't need to.

11-30-2022 08:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Head Coach PREDICTION Thread - dave108 - 11-30-2022 08:06 AM
RE: New Head Coach PREDICTION Thread - #41 - 11-30-2022, 11:48 AM
RE: New Head Coach PREDICTION Thread - fnz - 12-02-2022, 08:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.