Bookmark and Share
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: 2022 Offseason Coaching Carousel
(11-27-2022 07:34 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  
(11-27-2022 06:59 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(11-27-2022 06:15 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(11-27-2022 06:01 PM)Cat-Man Wrote:  Free article from the Athletic about the UC job:

https://theathletic.com/3941093/2022/11/...e-fickell/

Their candidates:

Matt Campbell
Jesse Minter
Mike Denbrock
Jason Candle
Jeff Monken
Tom Herman
Gino Guidugli
Kerry Coombs
Jim Leonhard
Urban Meyer

Most of those are sending up the white flag just send us our B12 share of $$ and let us be Rutgers or Vandy type hires.

Yeah, that list screams of a whole lot of "we're good with maybe being .500.

I was high on Candle back when Fickell was hired...but now, no chance. He should be getting fired from Toledo, and he's an ******* of a human being.

Minter has zero recruiting experience and only one year of even remotely successful coordinating experience with someone else's guys.

Gino, Kerry, and Denbrock would all be surrender hires with hopes of keeping magic and momentum that wasn't theirs.

Leonhard makes absolutely no sense

Herman would be interesting, but he would obviously be like 1-2 and out.

Meyer has absolutely no reason to jump back into the coaching ranks, which means he would have absolutely no motivation to put the work in.

Jeff Monken would be ludicrous for so many reasons. There's a whole lot fo reason why a triple option has never really worked outside of one particular school in P5, and even there is was getting 7-8 wins at most.

Campbell just went 4-8 in the conference we're traveling to and got lucky during Covid.

I would be interested to see if a guy like Dave Clawson would want to come back to Ohio.

Why does Leonhard make absolutely no sense?

To me, he sounds like Luke Fickell 2.0. Long time DC of well respected defenses. A Dude ready to become a head coach.

Wisconsin wasn't worth a pile of dry crap until he took over. I honestly thought that W had already named him their coach.

They went 4-3 with him at the helm...so they essentially stayed the exact same. Not to mention he has next to no connections locally. If we're going to go with someone without any Ohio lines, we may as well get someone who has proven to be an effective head coach.

11-27-2022 07:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2022 Offseason Coaching Carousel - bww - 11-27-2022, 12:20 PM
RE: 2022 Offseason Coaching Carousel - BearcatMan - 11-27-2022 07:42 PM
RE: 2022 Offseason Coaching Carousel - #41 - 11-28-2022, 01:56 PM
RE: 2022 Offseason Coaching Carousel - #41 - 11-28-2022, 03:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.