Bookmark and Share
bcat1997 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread
(09-20-2022 12:17 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(09-20-2022 10:14 AM)Cat-Man Wrote:  
(09-20-2022 09:24 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(09-20-2022 08:54 AM)Cat-Man Wrote:  Yeah...a two QB system worked 17 and 25 years ago. It can work now!

I mean, Oklahoma won a National Championship in 1985 running the wishbone option. Maybe we should run that, since we have Prater and so many talented running backs?

Ok. how about Bama in 2018...mostly Hurts, but also used Tua at times in the season, then road Tua the second half of the National Championship.

To be clear, I'm not advocating for anything specific. But to say it has "never" worked just isn't accurate. LSU also won a National Title in 2007 playing 2 different qbs.

These are just the biggest examples. Teams have played 2 QBs at various times and been effective. It doesn't necessarily mean playing 2 qbs in this situation is the right decision.

I got no problem having special packages with 2 QB's, but there are people advocating having a rotating/alternating QB system. No thanks.

Yeah, to be clear, I wasn't saying having certain packages could potentially work (though I still don't like that all that much either honestly). I was saying having a situation where a QB just walks out onto the field for random plays won't work...because it just won't.

I also hate the idea of alternating series like some have said because it is absolutely impossible for players to handle that what with different cadences, playing tendencies, throwing capabilities, etc.

The truth of the matter is that we have a QB with a 70%+ completion percentage who is averaging almost 300 yard and 3 TDs a game so far who is top 25 in every major passing stat and 2-1 with that one loss being a 7 point defeat AT the #9 team in the country. If you are advocating for removing that individual, you clearly don't care about being objective and just want the Cincinnati kid in. That's fine...but just admit that. Also, recognize that the situations many are referencing with Tim Tebow/Tua Tagovailoa/etc. included a generational talent and Heisman Trophy finalist. I can tell you from having actually seen Prater practice and play that he is not that.

You could look at it another way...we've played one team with a pulse and he was the reason we lost the game.

09-20-2022 08:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - bcat1997 - 09-20-2022 08:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.