rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread
(08-18-2022 09:22 AM)doss2 Wrote:  
(08-18-2022 08:30 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(08-18-2022 07:11 AM)Banter Wrote:  
(08-18-2022 06:58 AM)Cat-Man Wrote:  What gets lost in this QB conversation, but was touched on in Chad's video segment, is that the other local highly ranked and touted player (Kiner) hasn't grabbed hold of the starting RB spot......yet.

That shows how much talent this team has, when 4 star recruits can't crack the starting lineup! 02-13-banana

They both may in due time, but I like how CLF and crew are making them EARN their spots. Some fans (not necessarily on this board, just people I've talked to) want to anoint them as starters just because of their ranking(s). Drives me nuts when I hear people say that Prater should be the starter because they are afraid he will transfer. 03-banghead

Kiner was not full-go for the first week or so of practice

I think a big issue is people conflate basketball and football a lot. In hoops, there is a big difference between a 4-star guy and a 3-star guy. In football, the divide is not as wide- especially if we are talking about a mid 3-star guy like Myles Montgomery. Also, in hoops a 4-star freshman can often contribute from day one. In football, there is a major difference between an 18-19 year old and a 22 year old who has had four years of collegiate strength training and nutrition (Ryan Montgomery and Charles McClelland).

CK could eventually be the guy, but not necessarily right now and right away. This season it appears we are going to have several guys rotting the rock and not having that one bell-cow who gets 25 carries.

Ford was 4* and

UC yr 1 73 attempts 483 yards 8 TD
UC yr 2 215 1319 19

The 1st year the staff had no idea how to use him. They'd put him in the game and call the exact same off guard plays that Doaks ran.

Look back to when we picked him up I said as a guy who follows Alabama that he's a guy that bounces to the outside with a burst and who has speed like we've never seen at the position. They figured it out last year.

08-18-2022 11:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - rath v2.0 - 08-18-2022 11:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.