Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent State vs. Akron -MAC Final
anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
RE: Kent State vs. Akron -MAC Final
I'll just say one more thing. I saw a quote that Richmond and the assistant AD (or something) from Akron talked and committed to be cleaner rivalry. The general sentiment seems to be that we're the side that needs to clean it up, and if you look at the guys between the lines, that's mostly true. However, I certainly hope that part of this is focused on the Akron fans. What we've seen over the last couple years is a group of fans that don't understand the role of a fan. They think they have the right to try to impact the outcome of the game. Blowing whistles during a play (directly causing a turnover). Throwing objects (ice cubes?) at players while play was going on. And the response has been pa announcements asking them to not do that. Then when our players respond we get painted as the villain.

Yesterday their fans clearly impacted the outcome by getting the video out there. I'm not saying they did anything worthy of a reprimand there. Assuming no hacking was involved of course, they were given an opportunity and took advantage. However, that will add to their courage to continue crossing the line from spectator to participant. At a minimum a camera should be focused on their student section and bad actors should get lifetime bans like they would in the pros.
03-13-2022 10:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Kent State vs. Akron -MAC Final - fallsdog - 03-11-2022, 09:44 PM
RE: Kent State vs. Akron -MAC Final - anti-zip - 03-13-2022 10:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.