***2023 Official Recruiting/Verbal Thread***
Bookmark and Share
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: ***2023 Official Recruiting/Verbal Thread***
(06-25-2023 04:33 PM)BigChilla Wrote:  
(06-25-2023 02:46 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(06-25-2023 02:20 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  This pick up appears to be another indication of our commitment to a 4-2-5 defense. He does not appear fast, most likely a Huskie who can tackle and not a big liability in coverage. Seeing a trend in taller Wrs and looking to "find" that Huskie defender.

To me Lafayette is almost the definition of a Huskie backer. 6-2, so nice length for coverage. 200lbs, enough size to handle the run but still be fast. Speed - fast enough to cover WRs. Hansen is pretty close in skills as well but he’s just a bit less than Lafayette everywhere…inch shorter, 5lbs lighter, half a step slower….but a very good tackler.

I’d have to dig up hammock’s tweet but a little while back he posted about the GPS used at practice and listed the fastest guys…I think Hansen was above Lafayette…but it was years ago…and pre injury for Lafayette.

I think Hansen has good straight ahead speed but he lacks quickness/change of direction. Those attributes are more important in coverage outside of straight go routes or deep posts. That’s why I think Jordan struggled at times in coverage at safety….he’s flat footed waiting for a wr coming into his zone and then he could not get those first steps off fast enough to stay on the receivers. He may cover better at Huskie on underneath stuff.
06-25-2023 04:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***2023 Official Recruiting/Verbal Thread*** - Rabid Squirrel - 06-25-2023 04:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.