Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

***2023 Official Recruiting/Verbal Thread***
Bookmark and Share
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
RE: ***2023 Official Recruiting/Verbal Thread***
(03-27-2023 08:57 AM)CoachPMac Wrote:  Below are the ratings from Rivals for the 2023 class. I’ve also posted what a rating means at Rivals. 2 stars are generally frowned upon by fanbases these days, but that wasn’t always the case. If you look at what a two star actually is, the majority of players would fall under 5.2-5.4 (2 star) - 5.5 (3 star) range. Rivals is the “old head” and evolving somewhat slowly compared to its peers when it comes to the portal, but their ratings tend to match up more than the other services in the end. 247 has inflated the ratings, which is a good business move to get eyes on their product and kids to retweet 247 information. ON3 is the new platform that has about 50 sites. They poached a number of Rivals sites and have a formula that includes the other recruiting services ratings. Good theory except they recently changed it to make their own ratings heavier to curtail to their team platforms. Meaning their team sites commitments tend to get a little more favor.

I don’t give the ratings, but the person who covers the Midwest for Rivals coached football for a period of time, similar to myself. The same cannot be said for the other recruiting services.

What does the numerical Rivals Rating (RR) mean?

6.1 = Five-star prospect

6.0-5.8 = Four-star prospect

5.7-5.5 = Three-star prospect

5.2-5.4 = Two-star prospect

6.1 Franchise Player: considered one of the elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation's top 30-35 players overall, a potential first-team All American candidate and a player deemed to have first round NFL potential.

6.0-5.8 All American Candidate: considered one of the next-tier elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation’s top 300-325 prospects overall, a national All American candidate and a player deemed to have first to third round NFL potential

5.7-5.5 All Region Selection: considered among the region’s top prospects and generally among the nation’s top 800-850 prospects overall, a potential All-Conference candidate and a player deemed to have mid to low-end pro potential and ability to impact at the college level.

5.2-5.4 Low End FBS prospect: considered a mid-major prospect with limited pro potential and expected to contribute 1-2 years at a high level maximum or often as a role player.

19 HS/JUCO Signees
(5.5) 3 ️ - OT Michael Jimmar (IL)
(5.5) 3 ️ - OT Thomas Paasch (WI)
(5.4) 2 ️ - QB Mason Kidd (GA)
(5.3) 2 ️ - RB Jaylen Poe (GA)
(5.4) 2 ️ - WR Kyle Thomas (IL)
(5.4) 2 ️ - TE Jay’Shon Thomas (GA)
(5.2) 2 ️ - TE Grayson Barnes (CA) (JUCO)
(5.4) 2 ️ - TE Bryce Harrison (FL)
(5.3) 2 ️ - OL Luke Skartvedt (IN)
(5.4) 2 ️ - OL Jacob Welch (IL)
(5.4) 2 ️ - DE RaSean Randall (MI)
(5.4) 2 ️ - DT Mark Hensley (MO)
(5.2) 2 ️ - LB Ridge Howard (IN)
(5.4) 2 ️ - S Mahki Rolle (FL)
(5.3) 2 ️ - S Phillip Baynes (GA)
(5.4) 2 ️ - S Santana Banner (GA)
(5.2) 2 ️ - K Zach Gordon (NC)
NR - RB Azhaun Dingle (KS) (JUCO)
NR - DE Nevaeh Sanders (IA) (JUCO)
6 Portal Signees:
(5.4) 2 ️ - RB Gavin Williams = Iowa
(5.2) 2 ️ - WR Davis Patterson = Notre Dame College
(5.4) 2 ️ - LB Tyler Jackson = Incarnate Word
(5.2) 2 ️ - CB Gabriel Amegatcher = Nebraska-Kearney
(5.4) 2 ️ - CB Shaad Dabney = Kansas
NR - TE Gavin Patrick = Wabash College

Click on the player profiles to see offers and film. The offers are correct as opposed to what other services say.

I did not include the 9 (?) walk-ons that were announced on February 1st. This staff does not often list who is a walk-on vs scholarship signing like other schools. Staying on the walk-on theme (if I recall correctly) coach Hammock said 8 walk-ons who are currently on the roster are now on scholarship.

Let me know if I missed anything. I do my best to track all MAC movement, but some moves slip through the cracks.

Good work
03-27-2023 09:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***2023 Official Recruiting/Verbal Thread*** - HawaiiToNIU - 03-27-2023 09:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.