Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Extortion... make the A5 pay more money
jedclampett Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
RE: Extortion... make the A5 pay more money
(04-25-2021 12:27 PM)4xGrad Wrote:  I guess I am getting old. I don't mind taking a little more time to get things right.

I don't run out and buy a car, I study all the options, pros and cons for each option, which can take me months of study and evaluation and consultation. I tend to be happier with my decisions these days.

I don't know but I hope that is what they are doing. Lots and lots of variables. lots and lots of possibilities. When I hear that Aresco came west and had meetings with BYU I read that as they are studying the options and possibilities. I see no reason to have to make a decision today. I expect to hear nothing until after the next football season at the earliest. Quite possibly latter than that. There are so many moving parts here and everyone involved has to be convinced of a common goal and a path to achieve it.

You and I may be able to come to agreement in a short time frame but with this kind of move we are talking literally thousands of people coming to agreement. Presidents, boards of trusties, athletic departments, donors, politicians... This is a heavy lift. I am impressed with Aresco. I think if anyone can do it he can.

Understood. Very sensible points.

The reason I've become so impatient is because I feel that AAC fans have been a bunch of saps who have fallen for the perpetual "P6" song & dance - - this dog and pony show - - that's been playing and replaying like a broken record for the past 3-4 years, with no progress of any kind being made since Wichita State joined the conference in 2017. So I'm fed up with it, that's all.

I like Aresco, too, but whenever the conference Presidents decide to go into "turtle" mode and hide in their collective shell, then Aresco seems to be left "helplessly twisting in the wind," to turn a phrase, with no support from the conference and nothing gets done for months at a time.

Our alma maters thought that they were joining a power conference nearly a decade ago, when they decided to join the Big East, which was a full-fledged power conference. Then, the P5 conferences plundered one school after another; then the name was sold, UConn ended up with most of the cash from the sale, tainted the conference with their recruiting scandals and then ran off like a delinquent parent. Since then, the dream has been slipping farther and farther out of our grasp ever since then. This situation is no longer acceptable.

There are a bunch of AAC fans who have been very frustrated by the conference's lack of progress. We don't all agree on who is at fault or exactly what their mistakes have been, but, to paraphrase the classic film, Network, a lot of us have felt this way at times:

"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this any more!."

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2021 04:41 PM by jedclampett.)
04-25-2021 04:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Extortion... make the A5 pay more money - jedclampett - 04-25-2021 04:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.