Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tweet: Cincinnati and Brannen parting ways?
justinhub2003 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Tweet: Cincinnati and Brannen parting ways?
(10-05-2021 11:27 AM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(10-05-2021 10:08 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(10-05-2021 07:55 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(10-05-2021 07:12 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  For someone who doesn't care to read back what exactly is Cincy alleging to get out of paying him?

Broke some minor NCAA rules, disregarded player safety, didn't listen to the medical staff regarding player safety issues, after being monitored because of issues prior to last season, several of the issues continued.

To give additional context, during Brannen's tenure, a player had a heart attack and needed open heart surgery after a particularly grueling workout (and then he attempted to remove heart monitors from players afterward), two players left the program due to traumatic experiences and associated depression, and there were two different whistleblowers in the program stating on multiple occasions that Brannen disregarded Medical and Training staff and continuously attempted to "out" what he thought were "spies" in the program who were reporting activities that may have broken NCAA and health and safety guidelines. On top of that, he did have two different infringements of the NCAA Practice Guidelines that he was reprimanded for as well, which is documented by the AD.

Brannen is alleging UC broke their contract by having him report to an Associate AD instead of our actual AD and that he deserves the full buyout because there was no "Cause" for his removal.

So if Brannen had gone to the Final Four would you be OK with the NCAA using this to suspend him? Or would you be on the other side of the issue.

He got fired for not winning enough...

These accusations are a ploy to get out of the contract...Will it work...Who knows.

No I think we could deal with losing if our players werent dropping out and leaving the team like mad. There was no end in sight to the losing and that was because of a toxic culture. The losing goes hand in hand with his treatment of players, he treated them like ****, worked them until near death and yet had no fruit to hear from it. Our best recruits were bailing. And his treatment of players was making it around recruiting circuit. There were AAU coaches saying they’d never let their guy play for John Brannen.

I would have given him another year or 2 to win had he held the team together and these behind the scene issues weren’t happening. I never liked the guy tho, I never thought he was the right hire and I think bohn made a lazy lazy hire.

But even then I still thought he needed a year or two to fix it. But when this stuff came out, it all started to make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-05-2021 12:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Tweet: Cincinnati and Brannen parting ways? - justinhub2003 - 10-05-2021 12:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.