Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tweet: Cincinnati and Brannen parting ways?
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Tweet: Cincinnati and Brannen parting ways?
(04-14-2021 04:08 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(04-14-2021 03:49 PM)JFlight21 Wrote:  
(04-14-2021 03:45 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(04-14-2021 03:28 PM)JFlight21 Wrote:  He wins at the low major level with defense. I think that can often be fools good when you have better athletes (which is how he constructs his teams) at that level. His offense is largely miss a shot and go grab the rebound - never finished in the top 100 in offense. I don't think I'm wrong to be skeptical here...

you just described gates, who you like...

who emphasize this WAY more

He took over a dumpster fire and showed dramatic improvement in year 2, especially on the offensive end. I have no idea who the right choice is but I'd prefer Gates over Miller. All these guys are probably a coin flip as far as future success.

i do scout takes on the houston forum for opponents, and we played CSU in the tournament... their "offense" didnt improve.. their defense got better at getting steals and turnovers for easy points

csu's game plan was to intensely and physically pressure you with 6'5 guards from half court..that was the entire basis on CSU.. there offense literally had nothing of note. they liked to shot 3s but did so at horrible percentage, nothing off the dribble was a threat... "three man weave" a popular basketball blog did a break down of the game, they noted the line was -20, they said that line is insane but he did not see any plausible way CSU could score on houston and had to lean towards houston..

if you could get past the pressure, they werent a threat.. to be fair florida state is built of the same philosophy but they are doing it with 5stars who are better self creators

That's reasonable.

All I know is you all only beat them by 31 and dusted us by 35+ both games this year so couldn't be any worse than Brannen!
04-14-2021 04:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tweet: Cincinnati and Brannen parting ways? - JFlight21 - 04-14-2021 04:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.